What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steves 55th Birthday Matchplay IFPA Tournament

I'll start compiling a list of expected attendees and post it up here.

There is no 'official registration method' or player cap but can anyone who is planning on coming please send me a message here or via some other way and we will see what we got.

I'm hoping, and it looks like, there should be at least 30 participants and it's great that there will be plenty of 'out of towners' coming along. Hopefully we can put on a fun (guaranteed) and somewhat well run (hmm... up for debate) tournament for everyone!

Steve hasn't said anything about an entry fee and usually he, and the rest of the EC gang, ends up putting these things on for free. With that said, I know I personally would be happy to pay and actually prefer it if he added some sort of entry fee that can go towards the snacks they provide and general running of Electric Circus/many repairs that will likely need doing. (If not, a donation to the Birthday boy's favourite charity or bigass cake or something). Something like £5 or £10?

I think, based on the expected numbers, we will probably do 12 rounds of Matchplay and then a one match playoffs (PBR style) with the top 8 qualifiers.

3rd-4th get one bye to semi-finals
1st-2nd get a bye straight to the finals

Something like that.

Anyway, message me about your participation or non participation and with any questions you might have!

Cheers

Gene

I'll start compiling a list of expected attendees and post it up here.

There is no 'official registration method' or player cap but can anyone who is planning on coming please send me a message here or via some other way and we will see what we got.

I'm hoping, and it looks like, there should be at least 30 participants and it's great that there will be plenty of 'out of towners' coming along. Hopefully we can put on a fun (guaranteed) and somewhat well run (hmm... up for debate) tournament for everyone!

Steve hasn't said anything about an entry fee and usually he, and the rest of the EC gang, ends up putting these things on for free. With that said, I know I personally would be happy to pay and actually prefer it if he added some sort of entry fee that can go towards the snacks they provide and general running of Electric Circus/many repairs that will likely need doing. (If not, a donation to the Birthday boy's favourite charity or bigass cake or something). Something like £5 or £10?

I think, based on the expected numbers, we will probably do 12 rounds of Matchplay and then a one match playoffs (PBR style) with the top 8 qualifiers.

3rd-4th get one bye to semi-finals
1st-2nd get a bye straight to the finals

Something like that.

Anyway, message me about your participation or non participation and with any questions you might have!

Cheers

Gene
Hi Gene,

Me and Clive will be coming up. Looking forward to it 😁

Diane

I'm going Gene👍🏻 - happy with entry/donation everyone is happy with.
Looking forward to it; never been to the Midlands before; I hear it's reminiscent of Chelsea/Fulham's King's Road and extremely welcome to southerners?....

Looks like the Abbey Grange is now fully booked, have booked another a little bit further away.

Can you put me down for the curry as well.

What's the parking like at the club?

A list of people who have expressed interest/confirmed they will be there. There is no offical registration or obligation to come if you are on the list - equally you are welcome to just turn up on the day , the more the merrier! Tell you friends and let me know if you plan to come.

Looks like we will probably do some sort of donation box as opposed to any kind of official entry fee.

Aiming for no later than a 13:00 start. Finishing around 19:00-20:00 probably.

Dan Lewell
Effie Lewell
Phoebe Lewell
Roy Smith
Jim King
Steve Pagett
Gene Aw
Stuart Bruce
Gareth Arnold
Toby Redman
Ian Clarke
Tim Knowles
Henry McCormick
Paige Gilbert
Andy Brock
Jonny Barnett
Harry Barnett
Dave Wileman
Jordan Handley
Jay Bryan
Sian Grant
Joe McGee
Martyn McDermott
Tim Porter
Naomi Porter
Reece Powell
Kevin Donovan
Paul Garner
Ian Walmsley
Nick Marshall
Chris Miller
Conrad Chambers
Dennis Osborne
Ben Leigh
Clive Bush
Diane Bush
Matt Vince
Sarah Vince
Lucy Vince
Daniel Vince
Katie Vince(?)
Andy Campbell
Ethan Campbell
Kevin Smith (+6?)
Chris Bowers
Greg Mott
Joshua Iles
Martyn Iles
Kirk Sadler
Jacob Sadler

Last edited:
Just realised there's industrial action re; the Trains next weekend. Have train tickets with West Midlands trains (Euston to Nuneaton). I can see on the Trainpal ap that it says "Trains are likely to be replaced by Bus or Coach":-( - don't like the sound of that ; if that happens it could ages to get there/back?

Just realised there's industrial action re; the Trains next weekend. Have train tickets with West Midlands trains (Euston to Nuneaton). I can see on the Trainpal ap that it says "Trains are likely to be replaced by Bus or Coach":-( - don't like the sound of that ; if that happens it could ages to get there/back?

Ouch... Hopefully it won't cause too much of an issue mate. Can't speak for anyone but there are a few people coming up from London so perhaps could get a lift back from someone if in a bind?

If you do happen to get stranded you are welcome to crash at mine in Birmingham if you need to.

I’ll be on one of those trains up. Staying for two nights at the chase greene king as abbey is only open for sat nite. Best travel up early afternoon on sat

Ouch... Hopefully it won't cause too much of an issue mate. Can't speak for anyone but there are a few people coming up from London so perhaps could get a lift back from someone if in a bind?

If you do happen to get stranded you are welcome to crash at mine in Birmingham if you need to.
That's very kind of you, thanks Gene! - hopefully I won't get stranded; will prob just have to leave as soon as I'm knocked out to allow extra time for getting a replacement coach service or whatever. Would've booked a hotel for Sunday too, but need to up and working Monday morning.

I’ll be on one of those trains up. Staying for two nights at the chase greene king as abbey is only open for sat nite. Best travel up early afternoon on sat
I'll be heading up on the Saturday around lunch time I'd expect - going to try and contact the train company and get a straight answer out of them re; what I can expect traveling up there and back.

I can only make Saturday now 🤨 So I'll pop over and see everyone who gets there early.

I'll be heading up on the Saturday around lunch time I'd expect - going to try and contact the train company and get a straight answer out of them re; what I can expect traveling up there and back.
So, looks like it's 2 buses from London to get there on Saturday.
Annoyingly, this afternoon I was looking at trains and one option looked like the bus from Euston to Rugby, then another bus from there to Nuneaton and asking Westmidland trains on twitter, they said the train tickets I'd bought weren't valid, as the first bus is a different operator. Got my tickets refunded and now am confused re; what exactly I'm buying on say the avanti westcoast website (which is about £30 more expensive than the tickets I cancelled - p take for 2 buses!
Not giving up though; I'll figure it out.

So, looks like it's 2 buses from London to get there on Saturday.
Annoyingly, this afternoon I was looking at trains and one option looked like the bus from Euston to Rugby, then another bus from there to Nuneaton and asking Westmidland trains on twitter, they said the train tickets I'd bought weren't valid, as the first bus is a different operator. Got my tickets refunded and now am confused re; what exactly I'm buying on say the avanti westcoast website (which is about £30 more expensive than the tickets I cancelled - p take for 2 buses!
Not giving up though; I'll figure it out.

Hope you can work it out Den... did they notify you that the train you were getting wasn't running?

I actually have a ticket back from London on Saturday night from Euston to New Street, no notification or anything that it isn't running so I assume/hope it's ok?

Back
Top Bottom