What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Star Wars. Your thoughts

Played a few games on mine tonight. I absolutely love it!
I think a lot of the negativity comes from lack of understanding of the rules, and lack of toys. Not a problem for me, toys get old fast and I like to slow burn learn the rules. Owned my LE for year and half and I’m still trying to figure out the rules and best strategies.

I’ve got the latest code on mine, only difference I have noticed is the rules instructions in attract mode.

It’s a dog. much better games for your money. but if you just forget it’s a game that has **** all to do with the IP and that the plunge is a ****show then you could do worse by buying munsters.

It’s a dog. much better games for your money. but if you just forget it’s a game that has **** all to do with the IP and that the plunge is a ****show then you could do worse by buying munsters.

#benice translation "It's not for me. Played it and didn't gel with it. You may enjoy it though. Always try before you buy. Good luck with what you choose."

I bought a pro just on the ip alone when a decent priced HUO came my way.
However just like Phil I didn’t gel either and the only fun I had on it was fitting a few mods and making a topper.
Thankfully it never stood me anything as I recouped my money plus a bit for the work I’d done so win win.

However if I still had it I would definitely be fitting one of these awesome coindoor plaques for sure. 😝

C7D8FB98-F15C-48A6-87E6-19FF5AEE1318.jpeg

Back from Birmingham Comic Con.
good show, loads of stalls selling retro toys.. could have spent a lot of money.. did spend £160 on a few bits and £160 on Ian McDiarmid’s signatures on these two.

Attachments

• 2512452A-F0C0-4B58-97E4-8695DDC3B8F4.jpeg
    2512452A-F0C0-4B58-97E4-8695DDC3B8F4.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 7051A4EA-ECCE-49A6-829E-6F2D175A225E.jpeg
    7051A4EA-ECCE-49A6-829E-6F2D175A225E.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 37
For anyone interested.

@Gonzo has worked his magic to create this fantastic tutorial. I'm sure it nearly broke him with the amount of editing required. I know it nearly broke me by the end, my voice was breaking all over the shop!

But certainly a comprehensive overview of how to play Star Wars. I hope you all enjoy it!

I had to include myself in the thumbnail to take some of Craig's associated glory and look victorious next to him. 😎

What great skill and the sheer number of live catches was ridiculous. It was a bit squeaky bum with two balls down but that third ball seemed to last forever.

Watching this in between stuff at work this morning so only got so far through but really good video. Never easy to explain code especially when trying to actually play! Game's always interested me (think this old thread might even be mine), the theme is decent and it's a Ritchie. Was always put off by people slating it and how poor I thought the play field looked but still I'd really like one. I missed out on I think Coly's one back along. Might try one some day if the opportunity arises.

Some highlights of the video.

I make it to the final wizard mode.
A 3 Billion hyperspace hurryup!
A 1 Billion videomode
15 Billion point game

I was particularly happy with myself with that hurryup, never had anything close to that before 🙈

As most know, I love this game, so really happy to see this video.

Great job both and maybe Star Wars will finally get the love and credit it deserves!

I have another overview video waiting to be done which is just opinions on the game and a look around it. Maybe I could pop over and get some footage and opinions on the LE at some point mate?

Another thing as well, I need to start nudging the machine to get the ball away from the slings as it drops down, that isn't in my rather limited pinball skillset despite being aware it's a thing people do

Another thing as well, I need to start nudging the machine to get the ball away from the slings as it drops down, that isn't in my rather limited pinball skillset despite being aware it's a thing people do

I was really impressed with your flipper skills on your video JP mate. You certainly nudged it away from the outlanes.

You start to nudge the machine away from the slings once you have a machine that requires it. Batman needs it every time it returns from the left orbit and it's become habit now

I was really impressed with your flipper skills on your video JP mate. You certainly nudged it away from the outlanes.

You start to nudge the machine away from the slings once you have a machine that requires it. Batman needs it every time it returns from the left orbit and it's become habit now

Thanks mate, my catches etc are alright but there's definitely stuff I should do that doesn't even cross my mind. I think it was Iron Man where I found nudging away from the slings important but never really picked up the habit!

Johannes got 10B against me in a comp in Germany. He'd taken so long that once he completed the final battle (on one character; you can then do the other three!), he let it drain, and I then wasn't allowed to play my last ball not that I would have caught him being on only around 1/2B.

Johannes got 10B against me in a comp in Germany. He'd taken so long that once he completed the final battle (on one character; you can then do the other three!), he let it drain, and I then wasn't allowed to play my last ball not that I would have caught him being on only around 1/2B.

You like the game Greg? You and me are generally roughly on the same page when it comes to pins

Great vid gonzo and Craig 👏
This is my grail pin, as a lifelong Star Wars fan.
Played it on location a few times, and had no idea what I was doing 🤣
I’m not a very good player, but would buy one in a heartbeat ( if I had funds)
The fact that it is difficult, doesn’t put me off, I only see that as would teach me to play better, and would keep me amused for a long time.
It might not have the toys, but theme is everything with this ( for me anyway)

Great vid gonzo and Craig 👏
This is my grail pin, as a lifelong Star Wars fan.
Played it on location a few times, and had no idea what I was doing 🤣
I’m not a very good player, but would buy one in a heartbeat ( if I had funds)
The fact that it is difficult, doesn’t put me off, I only see that as would teach me to play better, and would keep me amused for a long time.
It might not have the toys, but theme is everything with this ( for me anyway)

To be honest mate I'd be inclined to learn your skills on something else entirely. Craig had an exceptional game there but it can often be very frustrating, you may well find that it annoyed you rather than amused.

That being said it definitely made me a better player because you have to fight the machine. It is incredibly rewarding when you get it right though.

good play but the video just highlights how to play Star Wars and have fun:

IMG_5534.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
and you need a pinball camera rig if you are going to do this sort of video Gonzo. I'll PM ya.

Back
Top Bottom