What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Star Wars. Your thoughts

Let’s hope they get their act together soon, are the remakes using spike ?

Nope CGC's own platform. Some of which is based on BeagleBoard (which atleast those parts are widely available). with the exception of the bug in the SOL chip which they spotted and rectified super quick. I've not seen any reports of board failures on CGC's game.

TNA uses PROC with no modifications I think.

Because I've had bad luck with Spike (a node blew on one of mine and cost me 260 quid within weeks) I'd be a bit reluctant to get another without warranty tbh. They may well be fine for the majority of course

Because I've had bad luck with Spike (a node blew on one of mine and cost me 260 quid within weeks) I'd be a bit reluctant to get another without warranty tbh. They may well be fine for the majority of course

on which game? Nearly new should be at least a grand cheaper... factor that in and bingo. I wonder if any of those warranty companies would do pinball? :D

Neil.

was it new or used? where did the machine originate from? it would leave a bad taste with me if it was something thats now fixed by the fixes that Stern has advertised; clearly they made a **** product.

I have to say though Stern for all the complaining they get; they sent me a ton of things for TWD (to sort the walker and the motor on the crossbow); and a completely new playfield for my GB without any agro. So my hats off to them and they will definitely get more business from me.

A forum member. It was immaculate when I got it. As I recall manufactured October 2016.

Got it replaced through Phil/Electrocoin. Had to pay the full whack and send my dead board away. As I say, left a bad taste both of buying higher end games second hand and of the Spike system

I love it, whats not to love about the lightsaber duel with just the blue and red lights flashing away :)

well any decent lawyer would be more than the price of the board lol.

surprised by that!

I thought it played nice at the show, but so Empty of any goodies, still on the bright side awesome for modding :thumbs:

SW- love it, it is a great example of how code can improve a game.

TBH the TNA , from the pictures/video doesn’t interest me, and doesn’t appear to have a lot of toys, but people raving about the code...

SW- love it, it is a great example of how code can improve a game.

TBH the TNA , from the pictures/video doesn’t interest me, and doesn’t appear to have a lot of toys, but people raving about the code...

Yrah but TNA not made by stern..!

Not the code but the game play - it’s pure Pinball with a great and challenging but simple ruleset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is all subjective. The haters are going to hate it and the lovers love it. The only way to find out is to play one or buy one.

In my opinion I am a huge SW fan and a average/poor pinball player and I love it. Still don't fully understand it but that's all part of the fun. I just plunge the ball and enjoy the game. Don't really care about rules etc as long as I enjoy the moment. This is the problem with the pinball scene in my eyes. It's not about the rules or points you can score, as long as you enjoy yourself.

Don't listen to all the comments. If you fancy owning one go and buy it, if you don't like it just sell it on and buy another.

Nice speech, but it still looks crap on the playfield, I love Star Wars originals and pinballs, but sorry it is a joke, you don’t have to play it to see it is cheap and uninspired, let’s see how little we can put on with people still buying the game.
I actually thought it played very well, but if you are a fan and think you got value, well you are very easily pleased in my eyes.
This pin of all pins deserved so much more

Reactions: DRD
Love mine, not leaving anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

actually more le sold than pro or premium in the uk so far so not limited really and there is still 2 nib on here that the guy is stuck with

Chris, no, i think pro now outsold LE but not by a lot.

Nice speech, but it still looks crap on the playfield, I love Star Wars originals and pinballs, but sorry it is a joke, you don’t have to play it to see it is cheap and uninspired, let’s see how little we can put on with people still buying the game.
I actually thought it played very well, but if you are a fan and think you got value, well you are very easily pleased in my eyes.
This pin of all pins deserved so much more
Gary said the licence would sell as a box of lights.....
So, think it was stripped down intentionally.
That said, at least they have the proper music, speech, visuals which games like GOTG, POTC don't have.
And whilst I don't yet understand the rules, those who own the game say the code is really good now.
LE should have had a mirrored backglass instead of 3 translites though.
It's on my list for 2019 and beyond;)

New code out last week, anyone uploaded yet? doesnt look like worth the effort for the small changes

Not uploaded it myself. Hopefully a new update will be out before I get round to it. Then again might do it to wipe off Benny & Andy's high scores ;)

my personal thought.
Pinheads who don't have one and only play at show hate it. Owners love it. I read a lot on others forums to get this conclusion.

I have tested it at a friend's house and even if i'm not a big Star Wars fan, for me it was almost a AC/DC / Got ..Steve Richie effect. So I decided to buy it.

The Gameplay is really immersive.

Pro is great but LE/Premium is better. LE package is incredible. I love the siderails and the 3 siderails. This one is a keeper :)

bumping the thread because I've found there is a Star Wars Pro at Guild Hall Preston (at Level), just been there today and had 8 games on it. Not played many of the very recent Sterns, and only JJP game I've played is Dialed In. Anyway, theme is right in my wheelhouse and had plenty of fun with it. Think I started the bit with the tie-fighters where you mash the button about 4 times - first time didn't know what was going on, and other times trying to trap the ball with one flipper/hand and mashing button with the other. The match sequence at the end is surely the prettiest in pinball with the lights from the Death Star. I'll have to make a repeat visit sometime, doesn't seem to be many pinball machines near me (Penrith), and 80 minutes drive is somewhat manageable.

Think last time I put coins into a pinball machine was ST:TNG at university c.1995! Been to Play Expo Manchester this year, and Blackpool last year.

bumping the thread because I've found there is a Star Wars Pro at Guild Hall Preston (at Level), just been there today and had 8 games on it. Not played many of the very recent Sterns, and only JJP game I've played is Dialed In. Anyway, theme is right in my wheelhouse and had plenty of fun with it. Think I started the bit with the tie-fighters where you mash the button about 4 times - first time didn't know what was going on, and other times trying to trap the ball with one flipper/hand and mashing button with the other. The match sequence at the end is surely the prettiest in pinball with the lights from the Death Star. I'll have to make a repeat visit sometime, doesn't seem to be many pinball machines near me (Penrith), and 80 minutes drive is somewhat manageable.

Think last time I put coins into a pinball machine was ST:TNG at university c.1995! Been to Play Expo Manchester this year, and Blackpool last year.

I hated it the first time I played it and as a Star Wars fan, I was very disappointed (still thought it looked good though!).

However, I have played it around another 10 times since and everytime I like it a little bit more, to the point where I really l love it now, and it will be the next game in the collection (I hope). It's a game that I think works better the more you play it, which is the opposite to some I have played, like Ghostbusters, which I went from loving to hating the more I played it.

What other games were at Level and were they in decent condition? Think last time they had a rather poor Demo Man and SW Episode 1

Back
Top Bottom