What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Node Boards - Reality

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that the frequency lock on spike can't be a hardware limitation - the CPU board only gets DC voltage in from the power supply. If anything only the PSU needs to be different.

I suspect that they have locked it in software somehow, in order to enforce pricing differences.

I'll be honest TMNT is close but its no cigar. the game is super dependant on a really tough shot - the lair shot and then its suffers from the dreaded Borg bottom and even from the Lair shot making one of the most important shots of the game super high risk. You've then got a messy middle of the game which takes flow away from the game - the left and right ramp shots are superb but the rest of it just is a bit meh -

Personally speaking if I was asked to recommend a first game, this would be long long long down the list.

Recent titles that I'd recommend for first game: Stranger Things, Avengers IQ, Deadpool, Guardians of the galaxy
@Neil McRae I've seen you mention the "Borg Bottom" a couple of times, what is it that is bad about it? I've watched a few Turtles gameplay videos and not sure what issues are?

@Neil McRae I've seen you mention the "Borg Bottom" a couple of times, what is it that is bad about it? I've watched a few Turtles gameplay videos and not sure what issues are?
Should this be in another thread?
Anyway I Love my TMNT pro! yes like Neil says the lair shot is hard but to me a special shot that is challenging but rewarding.
The game is fun and the loop shot lightening fast maybe not up there with DP or GOTG but due to theme for me it’s close and although I haven’t played AIQ I think in Pro flavour TMNT loses nothing whereas AIQ has quite a few comprises and I think I would prefer a Prem/LE.

It’s a pretty good game but it is hard very fast and short ball times
You really have to be on your game with the upper flipper shot as it’s used a lot
The thing I can never get my head round is the right ramp delivers the ball to the upper flipper and not back to the lower one it’s a good game but won’t be a keeper for me saying that neither will avengers

I really want to buy a TMNT but I'm trying to stick to a 5k budget :(

A almost unused one going for £5750 which is cheap for such a new game! doubt you’ll see it cheaper for a while.

Back
Top Bottom