What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Node Boards - Reality

Which one are you thinking about and where are you looking to get it from? So far I found liberty games and pinball heaven. I think liberty offer to take it upstairs which may help me out 🤣
I wouldn't buy a replacement fuse of Liberty games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stern USA have seemingly started to sell the node boards directly, order from Stern directly and it's $100

1610867079654.png

EU Distributor it's around 3 times that currently, but I imagine they are moving old stock at the higher price with the EU issues.

1610867079530.png

This is a really, really good move from Stern if it stays at this price point and a sign they are listening to consumers and not gouging on price. The CPU is down to $350 - which I think is reasonable to be honest.

Attachments

• 1610867039900.png
    1610867039900.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 15
Great news. Now if everyone that got bummed for 300 odd quid for a node board could get a freebie then all is forgiven

Great news. Now if everyone that got bummed for 300 odd quid for a node board could get a freebie then all is forgiven
This is good news not bad news no freebies though
This is not uncommon practice really now all design and production cost have been covered then you are now producing these for much less so they are passing on the savings nice one stern
Bit like if you bought a brand new plasma tv back in the day at 5k one year later the same tv is 1k

Smoke and mirrors... increase the retail price of all pins then drop the price of the crap board set which shouldn’t prematurely fail anyhow. Customers will love you for it 😂

The playfield node board is out of stock currently. Cabinet node board is now $70 which is good for me as I need one, alas that's out of stock too. Hopefully these new prices will work down the chain very soon.

Not too sure about the prices of all pins yes from avengers the price has gone up $100 on machine s but that’s pretty standard they go up $100 dollars every year
Still not too sure on the $500 increase on bm66 and Elvira probably due to the fact the orders are so low on those games and it’s much more expensive to produce 100 rather than 1000 average let’s say

One thing about the Spike 2 system as a whole. So many games now use it it'll surely be supported for a very long time. If the Nodes are now 100 quid and even the CPU board a manageable price, it makes the second hand market all the more enticing for people.

One thing about the Spike 2 system as a whole. So many games now use it it'll surely be supported for a very long time. If the Nodes are now 100 quid and even the CPU board a manageable price, it makes the second hand market all the more enticing for people.

Hopefully any proposed Spike3 platform will be backwards compatible too.

No spike game parts listed at all as far as i can see, let alone at a reduced price....

oh and yeah I ordered a node board and they also have CPU boards for $350 which was a no brainer.

Your right Neil at that price it’s worth just keeping a cpu the problem is making sure it’s for our region
Do you know how it differs from one region to another? Is it just in software or is there a hw component? I guess the PSU is different but that's another part.

A cpu from usa won’t work in a uk or European we use 60 hz USA 50hz the cpu see this and won’t work if you use a USA one here

A cpu from usa won’t work in a uk or European we use 60 hz USA 50hz the cpu see this and won’t work if you use a USA one here
Sorry, just to clarify - do all spike parts use a cpu or is it just one of the parts that has a CPU? i.e. can we order Spike parts generally from usa or not? I thought these machines were multi voltage, but I guess not?

It’s just the main cpu in the backbox that won’t work in the uk if purchased in the states
All other spike node board s for the playfield and cab will work fine

I'm sure Neil will join in soon, he's received his cpu from the states and it works fine, he just had to tell them where it was going when he ordered it.

yeah mine arrived - works well. I left a note on the order that it was for the UK...

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom