What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Led Zeppelin

Doesn't look as bad as everyone suggests, but as has been said, you have to play to TRULY know. HOWEVER, on first impressions, it didn't appeal to me as much as other games such as TMNT and GNR. Still, I haven't ever purchased a NIB so... not the target market.
For me:
LZ Theme is great
Shots look great
Animations look great
————
Art is sh^t
Call outs total sh^t - would annoy the p1ss out of me
BTW.... I put a lot of value in call outs, play over + over, if it grinds I don’t buy. Manufacturers need to think more about this. Jackie Aerosmith for example 🙄

I haven’t made a bad choice yet on any of my purchases, I didn’t play any of them in advance before I really committed to buy. Sorry had 2 games of AC/DC Premium at NLP.
I think you can learn boat loads from watching numerous streams.
If the right boxes are ticked for you then pull the trigger.

I wanted LZ, either the LE or Premium but the Art pack for me on both is/was a bridge too far. They screwed it but was no surprise, predictable. Icing on the cake is grave marker icarus on the PF. I cannot be done looking at that. If I’m spending big money, it all has to be good, not paying for mediocrity.

Personally with me - here are my opinion on Keith Elwin games:
1 - Iron Maiden - not keen on Iron Maiden as a band so thats a no-no. Think the pro is sparse. Quite enjoyed the odd game on a premium/LE but not enough to buy one.
2 - Jurassic Park - Sorry - I do not like this game at all. Theme, the look, I feel it is quite similair to Maiden.
3 - Avengers - Actually think the pro is fantastic value and I do not miss anything on the premium. I think it is his best game.

Anyhow - these are my opinions. I am not much of a player. Have to like the theme to buy the game. Not a good enough player to get into deep rulesets.

I know @Dubi - these are not the views of other people on this group.

Reference Led Zeppelin - I am looking forward to seeing yours nearly as much as you are. I was initially disappointed but I am going to ignore everyone elses opinions and try it. If I like it - I may be in the market for a used Pro maybe one day.

Some of my favourite games do not have much on the playfield. AFM and SS spring to mind.

Phil, you are very welcome to play your heart out on in whilst I sort the beer/coffee.

Just remember to bring some drops rest ledge spares with you... :rolleyes:

Two NIBs purchased in recent succession means that I've had to make savings elsewhere

I'm not a fan of toppers in general but I think that will work well on the LZ 👍

I also have an LZ Prem on order from PH - I was also looking at this:

1610218186677.png

...although trying to work out how to get one where the lead doesn't ruin the visual effect (especially with a black lead against a white wall!) as they always seem to come out the top.

"? Multiball" - I doubt I'll ever reach it but I was thinking of what they could do that would be different/exceptional... I'd like to have "Dazed and Confused" playing, inverted flipper buttons (right button flips left flipper and vice-versa - can that be done programatically on Sterns?), then say hit each major shot in turn (left scoop, left ramp, etc...) to activate Stairway finale with flippers/buttons back to normal - the fast-paced ending to STH with super jackpots on each major shot until song ends.

Likely will end up being binned, it was a thirty quid muse :)

Does the sign come with its own bar? :cool:

Wearing and Tearing would work well - with up to the first verse as a build-up, then release the balls. Otherwise, wished they had included Levee.

--------------------------

Anybody any good with a 3D printer? Half fancy one of these somewhere in the upper playfield (would cost 80 quid with delivery, taxes and customs)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Led-Zepp...750788&hash=item2aeda5038c:g:D-EAAOSwvedfHDzI

I also have an LZ Prem on order from PH - I was also looking at this:

View attachment 129765

...although trying to work out how to get one where the lead doesn't ruin the visual effect (especially with a black lead against a white wall!) as they always seem to come out the top.

"? Multiball" - I doubt I'll ever reach it but I was thinking of what they could do that would be different/exceptional... I'd like to have "Dazed and Confused" playing, inverted flipper buttons (right button flips left flipper and vice-versa - can that be done programatically on Sterns?), then say hit each major shot in turn (left scoop, left ramp, etc...) to activate Stairway finale with flippers/buttons back to normal - the fast-paced ending to STH with super jackpots on each major shot until song ends.
Remove the light bar from the top and put it on the bottom.
The makers will probably do that for you if you ask.

I’ve not long sold my IMDN premium had it NIB and just didn’t get all the hype no matter how I tried to like it.
I’ve done this twice now with both Maiden and Batman and neither we’re fun for me.
Gorgeous? Yes but fun to play? No.
Each to their own I guess I prefer the fun factor as my lineup is testimony to this fact.
You get what you pay for on a Ritchie pin, a Ritchie layout generally nice easy which is both fast and fun to play so LZ will probably this and more with a bonus of Zep music if that’s your bag.
All that said even if I liked the flow and gameplay that would not be enough for me to own one as I am shallow and heavily influenced by toys and art and it lacks in these departments.
Music wise if it was Queen maybe it would sway me but not Zep.
I’ll still pump money on location as there no bad pins nowadays.

A simple topper to make on my laser and should be cheap too if you wanna joint project or me to do the whole thing.

had some feedback on the game from a top player in the US and he said that the game is super fast and the shots are really great to hit with huge flow...

Ah didn't realise that, makes sense I suppose! Their cables are only 1.3m long too which isn't long enough... I need to check who actually makes those as I think at least one online seller is just reselling someone else's products.

I've just watched a video of the Pro and only just noticed that there is a ramp missing meaning that the upper flipper basically shoots at a stand up target.... Oh and the main ramp can be hit. That's so crap! This game just keeps on giving..

I've just watched a video of the Pro and only just noticed that there is a ramp missing meaning that the upper flipper basically shoots at a stand up target.... Oh and the main ramp can be hit. That's so crap! This game just keeps on giving..
It's a real shame they removed that upper ramp from the pro. Can't see many(/any?) other reasons to get a prem tbh...

They may as well have removed the upper flipper in that case. Compared to the variation of shots from the upper flipper on your JP pro it's a bit of a liberty really.

I’ve not long sold my IMDN premium had it NIB and just didn’t get all the hype no matter how I tried to like it.
I’ve done this twice now with both Maiden and Batman and neither we’re fun for me.
Gorgeous? Yes but fun to play? No.
Each to their own I guess I prefer the fun factor as my lineup is testimony to this fact.
You get what you pay for on a Ritchie pin, a Ritchie layout generally nice easy which is both fast and fun to play so LZ will probably this and more with a bonus of Zep music if that’s your bag.
All that said even if I liked the flow and gameplay that would not be enough for me to own one as I am shallow and heavily influenced by toys and art and it lacks in these departments.
Music wise if it was Queen maybe it would sway me but not Zep.
I’ll still pump money on location as there no bad pins nowadays.

I'm exactly the same mate. Toys, art, theme flow and fun are what it's about for me.

It's funny, Ghostbusters has cool toys, elite level art, theme for days but the game.... And let's be fair to it, is a massive sack of sh1t. Looks nice sat in the games room though. To me, toys are cool but essentially superficial, it's code and enjoyability of shots that give games longevity and fun factor. A cool theme and nice art are obviously great to have but they won't save a game that shoots like ass.

Also behave you lot, Elwin for president.

It's funny, Ghostbusters has cool toys, elite level art, theme for days but the game.... And let's be fair to it, is a massive sack of sh1t. Looks nice sat in the games room though. To me, toys are cool but essentially superficial, it's code and enjoyability of shots that give games longevity and fun factor. A cool theme and nice art are obviously great to have but they won't save a game that shoots like ass.

Also behave you lot, Elwin for president.

I want to see a GB review on 8bit Andy 😂

Flow..flow..flow that’s all I hear. What’s important. Does the game **** you off. Does it taunt you to hit that start button. That just one more game. Well GB has that by the bucketload!

I was desperate to like it. Huge Ghostbusters geek. Even went so far as to build this!
Drove 5 hours and dropped 5 grand on one in my relatively early pinball days. I just think the layout is a mess and the code was underwhelming/unfinished. Any game that has that number of ball saves suggests there's a problem. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it though!

Looking back, so full of hope and excitement....

https://youtu.be/4-oj6B4qSjs

it was gone a month later 😂. I think there was a brief honeymoon period where I liked hearing Rick Moranis etc

"It's a thing of beauty"
"The trip up North was worth the effort"

Never mind honeymoon period. . . . clearly it rapidly went from love at first sight to domestic violence. 😂

Obviously I'm speaking as the man who owned TWD for 30 hours 😉

That last code update on GB turned that game around for sure.. TWD is very similar. It’s hard but fair. You can start the game well. It then lets you think your better than you are and punishes you when go for high risk/reward shots. The rush from that one good game makes these keepers!

Back
Top Bottom