What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Led Zeppelin

first live gig i ever went to. Led Zeppelin. knebworth. 1979. It was life changing.

Ah I’m so jealous! I was born in 1986 so never had the chance to see the real Zeppelin, but I was at the Celebration Day reunion gig at the O2 which was absolutely incredible. Real shame it was a one off.

So, other than Stairway, what tracks should I know? I’m 51, but have never listened to LZ at all. Am I missing something?

For me, they have always been an album band rather than a 'song' or 'track band'. I just think there's enough classic riffs and imagery in there to produce a really good pin. Not expecting it to be as integrated as GnR or Beatles, say.

Last edited:
You will know Whole lotta love if you have a tv
Black dog and Kashmir you might know, some good songs but not sure about in a pinball machine though

Yes indeed, it's the theme tune to Top of the Pops.

Ramble-on is my personal favourite although as Ian says, I'm not sure about pinball.

^^ I agree, It wouldn’t have been my 1st choice as a pin theme either but would love to see a good job now they are doing it 👍

Oh, another dad rock pin.... What I really need from Stern is for them to finish coding Wheel of Fortune!

Is 'Wheel of Fortune' also not a Dad show - started mid 70s when Zep where still going..... just saying.....

I would bet that you will not see any pre-spike stern updates from now on and how many folks are asking for an update on this game?

Also Dad rock sells, as most of the people that design pins are dad or grandad age.

Is 'Wheel of Fortune' also not a Dad show - started mid 70s when Zep where still going..... just saying.....

I would bet that you will not see any pre-spike stern updates from now on and how many folks are asking for an update on this game?
It was a joke, they have no intention of finishing off WOF I'm sure. I think it's more of a nan show that a dad show to be honest 😂

be interesting to reel off all the music pins ever made, in the WPC era I can only think of DE making GNR. Ahead of their time?

Whole lotta love is one of their imfamous rip offs

Wow any artist try stuff like that they have a big law suit chucked at them, disgraced and lose any royalties.
Must have been crazy back then.

Wow any artist try stuff like that they have a big law suit chucked at them, disgraced and lose any royalties.
Must have been crazy back then.

They had to cough up eventually - the writer was Willie Dixon, who sued LZ in 85 and is now officially credited in the songwriting credits. Page and Plant were fans of the Small Faces, so it's actually hard to tell if they nicked it first hand or second hand.

Last edited:
Coming SOON!

RAP ZEPPELIN

(queue the imaginative Pinballinfo AHAHA CRAP ZEPPELIN cries!)

yes ladies and gentleman from the producers that brought you the world famous Disco Maiden, the tracks to replace the LZ turd noises are being lined up as we speak! Lets hope its a good game so its worth the effort.

Neil.

Coming SOON!

RAP ZEPPELIN

(queue the imaginative Pinballinfo AHAHA CRAP ZEPPELIN cries!)

yes ladies and gentleman from the producers that brought you the world famous Disco Maiden, the tracks to replace the LZ turd noises are being lined up as we speak! Lets hope its a good game so its worth the effort.

Neil.
😂
94BD77FC-ED02-4CC6-BAE8-0C40CBD7D274.jpeg8E95B7F1-16F6-44C4-832D-D78A141E3F03.jpeg

I have a first pressing Led Zeppelin 1 album, and I have the 180gram reissue from a few years ago.
Writting credits on the original is basically on every song to the Led Zeppelin members.
On the newest one - the credits are very different.

But hey - isnt this about pinball ?

I would of thought Queen would of been a better band to release a pinball for - I am a massive fan of both acts. But to me Queen I think is a better theme.

yep as a big zep fan i really can’t see it working as a theme but in the usa they’re massive and all those old zep heads are getting on and many can afford a pinball machine and have time to play in their retirement [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Led Zep 2 is a stone cold classic. One of my favourite albums and a mind blowing mix on a decent vinyl setup.

I’d have been all over an LE at prices from a few years back, but I’ve been priced out of NIB purchases now.

I wonder if there will be a Zeppelin toy...... known Stern they'll screw that up and put a blimp on a spring!

I wonder if there will be a Zeppelin toy...... known Stern they'll screw that up and put a blimp on a spring!
We will find out on Tuesday
Unless the game is absolutely mega I suspect this will bomb big time poor limited theme who operators will have zero interest in
Only people interested are zep fans and how many like pinball and how many from that minority would spend £6500 plus on a pin even less

Back
Top Bottom