What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Indiana Jones Code Rewrite & Port Over Progress

Working on another update for inclusion at Pinfest. If you dont know, I'm, planning to have 2 indy games at pinfest this year at my stand. My desk will be sandwiched in-between them :)

Had some good feedback from darren and also dave on game play so this is the update so far. I am working through some really annoying stupid bugs at the mo, where issues only happen when modes are started in certain sequences. Seeing as there are almost endless possibilities to the order you can run the 16 modes, its ****ing me off!! I have a handle on the sequence causing the problem though!

v0.7.1 Update

- Fixed a bug that could cause Choose Wisely to end immediately (when started immediately after a non timed mode) (in progress)
- Fixed a bug that could cause random completion of unplayed modes after choose wisely ended immediately (in progress)
- Added trough test
- Fixed a possible crash bug with Castle Brunwald where the mode count flag was not resetting properly after a game
- Added support for raspberry pi computer hardware (model 3b+ only)
- Added new desktop support for raspberry pi computers (model 3b+ only)

Another bug found & squashed

- Fixed a bug that caused the score on warehouse raid to add 1 point extra than it should, making the general score and match display look odd

Think i've got this modes ending immediately bug squashed now. More play testing later. Will ask Dave to try it out to.

I do look forward to someone else writing their own incarnation of a game some day !!!!

Time to go and watch some football :)

v0.7.1 now out to testers. Some niggly bugs squashed in this update :) If all good from feedback then i'll roll it out to everyone else

Update notes are as follows:

v0.7.1 Update

- Fixed a bug that could cause Choose Wisely to end immediately (when started immediately after a non timed mode)
- Fixed a bug that could cause random completion of unplayed modes after choose wisely ended immediately
- Added trough test
- Fixed a possible crash bug with Castle Brunwald where the mode count flag was not resetting properly after a game
- Fixed a bug that caused the score on warehouse raid to add 1 point extra than it should, making the general score and match display look odd
- Fixed a typo with Ringmaster mode startup help text

Few more things added to the upcoming v0.7.1 update and more work on a few niggly bugs. Update list now looks like this:

v0.7.1 Update

- Fixed a bug that could cause Choose Wisely to end immediately (when started immediately after a non timed mode)
- Fixed a bug that could cause random completion of unplayed modes after choose wisely ended immediately
- Fixed a bug with Choose wisely where you could repeatedly choose your selection resulting in overlayed graphics and speech calls
- Added trough test
- Fixed a typo with Ringmaster mode startup help text
- Improved Minecart mode and barrier interaction of all turns
- Improved Minecart mode and barrier frame sync speed after half way point
- Fixed a bug in Minecart where a barrier could be stuck on after the mode was run once
- Fixed a bug with the ball search where it could be enabled during long bonus calcs and possibly mess up the trough logic

Need some help from a few indy fans. I want to update my mode start map so that modes start from the correct world location. Currently they always start from south america! This has been noted by the keen eyed of you before, nothing gets past pinheads, so here is the map

indy-scene-map-screenshot.png

Notice the 12 red dots. These are the starting points for the original 12 modes. So the question is what goes where? Also i need to choose a location for the 4th film modes. Currently warehouse raid at the start of the film and jones vs aliens (end of film)

Mode list is

- Get The Idol (Raiders 1)
- Street of Cairo (Raiders 2)
- Well of Souls (Raiders 3)
- Raven Bar Video (Raiders 4) *Secret mode alternative available

- Monkey Brains (Temple of Doom 1)
- Steal The Stones (Temple of Doom 2)
- Mine Cart Video (Temple of Doom 3)
- Rope Bridge (Temple of Doom 4)

- Castle Brunwald (Crusade 1)
- Tank Chase (Crusade 2)
- The 3 Challenges (Crusade 3)
- Choose Wisely Video (Crusade 4)

- Warehouse Raid (Kingdom 1)
- Jones vs Aliens (Kingdom 4) *Secret mode alternative available

Don't forget the werewolves on the 4th film as well.(One of the Kingdom modes)
Warehouse raid start North America, Jones vs Aliens start South America.

Don't forget the werewolves on the 4th film as well.(One of the Kingdom modes)
Warehouse raid start North America, Jones vs Aliens start South America.

Cheers will add the dots for these in the map

Werewolf mode is a secret alternative for raven bar nit part of the 4th film set. Hold right flipper when shooting mode start and raven bar selected

After a bit of research and some help from my wife i've sorted out the locations for each mode. Here is an updated mode start bgnd with the 2 extra modes inc.

indy-map-bgnd-14-modes.png

I'm now working on the update to get all the mode start windows starting from the correct location. I've also come up with an idea to update this map with green dots for the modes that you have played. Another visual guide for your progress through the game.

Is anyone else struggling lighting the JONES targets three times to light the 8 ball light then getting the ark multiball running along side the regular multiball? I'm not getting anywhere near and it's starting to annoy me in thinking it's just a bit to hard to achieve.
Or is it just me ?

I hope the research was conducted with a 4 movie marathon session? :popcorn::clap:

Not quite, google and various maps! Need to watch the 4th film again to find some more modes to include to, but i want to get this scene stuff sorted out first.

Is anyone else struggling lighting the JONES targets three times to light the 8 ball light then getting the ark multiball running along side the regular multiball? I'm not getting anywhere near and it's starting to annoy me in thinking it's just a bit to hard to achieve.
Or is it just me ?

Sets of JONES targets are stored cross ball, but the individual letters isnt, so if the ball drains and you had 1 full set completed and JON lit then you only have 1 set stored next ball.

The ark release is supposed to be a mini wizard goal feature on my rewrite, not an every ball feature like with the stern release, because there is an easier std multiball at the temple lock added . I took inspiration from apollo 13 and the BLASTOFF 13 ball type approach.

Maybe a setting for number of JONES sets completed to enable ark release is needed. I dont mind adding this.

You wouldnt want is easy anyway would you :) :)

Defo don't want it easy but I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Like you say make it a option in the settings to number the JONES targets to how many hits to enable the 8ball ark multiball.
Loving it by the way and looking forward to the next update.

Defo don't want it easy but I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Like you say make it a option in the settings to number the JONES targets to how many hits to enable the 8ball ark multiball.
Loving it by the way and looking forward to the next update.

Glad you are liking the work. It does make a difference to hear that people enjoy playing it and it does spur me on to do more :)

Or is it just me ?

What are you messing around at? I get the ark multiball every game I play*

*Said none ever!! :rofl:

I've got Jones targets twice, but never managed to get a third, and then get 3 locks

Had some new ideas for more features to add yesterday. One of these is a bonus round for completing all 4 scenes of a film, so all 4 raiders or all 4 crusade etc. Thinking of utilising the ark release here as a bonus multiball round possibly.

Had some new ideas for more features to add yesterday. One of these is a bonus round for completing all 4 scenes of a film, so all 4 raiders or all 4 crusade etc. Thinking of utilising the ark release here as a bonus multiball round possibly.
That sounds like a great idea.

Still wont be easy to get this, as the modes are random.

One feature I would LOVE is the option in a menu to choose the music score from either the Williams Indy, or the Stern (film music score) Indy :cool::clap::D;)

Still wont be easy to get this, as the modes are random.

One feature I would LOVE is the option in a menu to choose the music score from either the Williams Indy, or the Stern (film music score) Indy :cool::clap::D;)

Not that random, as you can move the next mode selected by shooting ramp (Forward) or captive ball (backwards) - todays top tip

Aaaah I didn't know that. Although I did figure out whilst playing around how to start the game in midnight madness at any time of the day ?

Few update notes on recent activity

v0.7.1 will be being made available to all users soon and includes the map updates shown above. Spent a few hours yesterday over at @replicas pinball hq sorting a few things out on his indy, ready for pinfest. He is very kindly letting me use it on my stand. Found out that new trough opto boards are definitely a worthwhile update, so always change these on any stern restoration and especially if wanting to run my update on indy.

Have a few things to work into a v0.7.2 update which come from suggestions and feedback from @replicas along with a few more bug fixes i have to roll out. Not sure yet if that will be done for pinfest, probably will run v0.7.1 there and release the next update later on in the year.

Watching the 4th film again this afternoon (sunday) on the hunt for more scene modes to create, to fill up the last 2 mode slots (to make the std 16 total) These do take awhile with the amount of graphic/sound assets needing creating to.

Watching the 4th film again this afternoon (sunday) on the hunt for more scene modes to create, to fill up the last 2 mode slots (to make the std 16 total) These do take awhile with the amount of graphic/sound assets needing creating to.

How about something based around the nuke, trying to find shelter?

Countdown timer. Hit random targets to open up temple of Doom (freezer) opens up. Hit ball in there to escape before time runs out (nuke goes off)

Back
Top Bottom