What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Indiana Jones Code Rewrite & Port Over Progress

Posting some pics of the kit i'm putting together for @replicas now they are nearing completion. You can see what the kit entails and what is changed etc. This is what everyone else running the upgrade also has.

First up. New LCD panel for doing all the custom coloured dot graphics. Works in a similar way to a colourdmd display.

IMG_8652.jpg IMG_8653.JPG

This may look like gibberish, but this is major progress on a related project for indy :) Major head scratching and swearing has been going on!! Time for a few cold ones :)

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 20.07.26.png

Stop teasing us man, and get this update rolled out!! :p :clap: :D

So with 6 in the Ark, and a planned 5 in the trough, does this mean your planning on some 11ball multiball carnage? :eek:

Stop teasing us man, and get this update rolled out!! :p :clap: :D

So with 6 in the Ark, and a planned 5 in the trough, does this mean your planning on some 11ball multiball carnage? :eek:

Yes its a full 11 ball max carnage for this mode!! Best order some more balls!!

The ark 'store' 's adjustable from 2 to 6 in the settings to, so you can fine tune the 'carnage' element. The game will add the 5 from the trough on top of whatever you choose to store in the ark.

Working on getting this rolled out i promise :), but its pretty complicated, as i'm trying to minimise the delay on game play with ark reloading. brain ache!!

First in game video of the ark control working :)Full 11 play play !!!!!!! Notice how the balls are reloaded seamlessly in the background as the multiball continues, negating any game play delay or 'pausing' requirements whilst the ark is reloaded. This has not been easy to achieve but I think we are there now!

Audio is little off int the video so please ignore that. I am still adjusting my stream settings etc.

Update v0.6.0 is here :)

v0.6.0
- Changed game to store 5 balls in trough : Games must hold 5 balls in trough from now on
- Added Ark Test to service mode
- Added Ark integration to multiball mode - Yay!
- Added Ark Balls Store setting to Service mode: adjustable from 2-6
- Added Ark management to game
- Added Skillshot Mode
- Added service mode settings and test numbering
- Added an option to reset/clear all service mode audits
- Improved Ball Search
- Improved service mode settings adjustment ordering
- Improved 8ball lamp handling in Jones mode
- Improved super jackpot handling in multiball. Super Jackpot is now only available during the active multiball it was qualified in
- Improved system handling of corrupted game and setting data files. Files are now deleted and recreated from template automatically
- Improved super jackpot handling in multiball. Super Jackpot must now be achieved within the multiball mode it was qualified in
- Fixed a bug in Ringmaster where the main mode music would not start
- Fixed a bug where the jackpot speech call awards would not be called for >3X multiplier
- Fixed a crash bug in multiball where the regular jackpot was trying to be lit beyond the 4th on sucessive starts and not starting super jackpot

If you want to see what the full game rules are for this project. Here you go:

First full rule sheet attached (v1.01)

Attachments

• stern indy rewrite game rulesheet v1.01.pdf
    98.1 KB · Views: 4
Check me out playing the hell out of my Stern Indiana Jones pinball rewrite (v0.6.2). Playing it for a good hour and half to find bugs and also trying to break it. No crashes. A few minor things found to tweak :) Some good games played and some not! My playing skills were tested!

Great news Jim, been enjoying Daz's here until the odd game stop... so hopefully all sorted. :thumbs:

I still haven't got to the mega multiball yet :(:oops::D

Can you make a super easy mode so I can get to experience it:clap:;)

Great news Jim, been enjoying Daz's here until the odd game stop... so hopefully all sorted. :thumbs:
Looking forward to getting mine updated now.
Nice work Jim. :thumbs:

I think you've got v0.6.0 on your game currently

v0.6.1 is available in the downloads area and fixes a few issues including 1 rare crash bug. v0.6.2 will be coming in a few days. Adding a few more tweaks to it. The CV homage mode will be moved to be a secret alternative to Jones vs Aliens to, as there's 2 slots left in the 4th film section that need to be worked on.

v0.7.0 will be next and i'm aiming to get this out before christmas for everyone :) It will add the path of Adventure mode. I've been working out the rules for this for awhile now in terms of the best way to implement it. Some of the earlier ideas went in to the steal the stones and 3 challenges modes, so i've got something cool nailed down now.

Re: any bugs, if you spot anything where you know what you hit to cause it or the series of shots then let me know. Also it is best to include a 'log download' from the service utilities menu with the report straight after it happens etc. As you can see from the streamed video though, I can't find anything crashy wise!

Also, thank you to everyone who has given me positive comments back on this project. It means a lot and does help me to help going with it :thumbs: Sterns slow progress on things also inspires me to keep going to! Kind of bizarre i know!

Play tested the latest update last night

The changes for v0.6.2 are looking like this, may add a few more things in first, or do another incremental update before v0.7.0:

- Fixed an issue where the playfield lamps would not update properly after a successful skill shot
- Fixed an Issue with the start & tournament button being flashed within attract lamp show patterns
- Improved the flashing of the start button to signify game ready for free play and also coins
- Fixed an issue where the attract lamp shows would not restart after exiting the service mode
- Fixed an issue where the ADVENTURE lamps would still override active ark modes running resulting in missed graphics
- Improved the eject speed form the grail scoop whilst dog fight is running
- Improved flipper rules for better deactivation during video modes if flipper is held up at start

Also, working on some new t-shirts to promote this rewrite and my company in general. I'd like to know who would buy one. Christmas gift? This range is going to be fully vectorised dot matrix graphics. I may do others if there is interest.

The first on one in the works is the replay graphic :) Will be printed on a green t-shirt (and possibly other colours)

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.05.18.png Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.05.35.png

v0.6.2 Update is now available for download

Update notes are finalised as:

v0.6.2 Update
- Fixed an issue where the playfield lamps would not update properly after a successful skill shot
- Fixed an issue with the start & tournament button being flashed within attract lamp show patterns
- Improved the flashing of the start button to signify game ready for free play and also coins
- Fixed an issue where the attract lamp shows would not restart after exiting the service mode
- Fixed an issue where the ADVENTURE lamps would still override active ark modes running resulting in missed graphics
- Improved the eject speed from the grail scoop whilst dog fight is running
- Improved flipper rules for better deactivation during video modes if flipper is held up at start
- Improved the display setting defaults for a better starting alignemnt position
-

Now onto v0.7.0 and the POA addition

Update on the code front. The v0.6.2 update is now live and makes a nice update for everyone over the holiday weekend pinside.com_img_smilies_icon_smile.gif

There will be one more update before christmas that i have planned and that will be labelled as v0.7.0. It will be including an updated and improved POA mode. The premise of this is that you complete ADVENTURE from the green stand ups and start by shooting the right ramp. The ball is held on the ramp momentarily and then released as you are presented with 6 lit arrows to shoot within a preset time. Completing all 6 shots lights the ramp again to progress up a level. JONES targets are strobing. Hitting the lit JONES target will complete the level you are on instantly. There will also (maybe not straight away) be a way to earn smart bombs for use in this mode from other places in the game to. Smart bombs are used via the tournament button as per the Jones vs aliens mode.

A sneak peak of the code dev pinside.com_img_smilies_icon_smile.gif

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 14.50.43.png

Nearly finished the first pass at adding in a new POA mode for v0.7.0. The before christmas release was too optimistic but aiming for Feb now. Its coded but i'm not 100% with it yet, needs a few more tweaks!

Also whilst i've been testing, i've found a few more little bugs including another one that could cause a mode to end as soon as its started! Worked a little to on the choose wisely mode to improve the randomness and sequencing of the grail cup order. Makes it a little better now each time. Also synced the 'chosen poorly' speech a little bit better with the video

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 17.59.56.png

Plus i've been working on my own stern/sam controller for the last six months to. All plate through parts with a teensy at the helm

IMG_0826.jpg

Jim, Daz's never boots with sound and always need a reboot from the menu. Is this a common issue that's been resolved in the code update?

Back
Top Bottom