What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Indiana Jones Code Rewrite & Port Over Progress

Update on the software releases since the nlp show in october 16. v0.5.2 is the latest release just finished this weekend. I was streaming game play live on instagram over the weekend to (https://instagram.com/mypinballs)

v0.5.2
- Fixed a problem with ball eject after Streets of Cairo completed via mode start shot
- Fixed a problem with ball eject after Get the Idol completed
- Fixed a bug with modes ending as soon as started on starting the second mode in a ball onwards
- Improved Streets of Cairo Lamp effects
- Improved Streets of Cairo completion animations interactions

v0.5.1 Update
- Improved Trough ball kickout logic if power is off when ball start is first called
- Improved interaction and shot selection help from Monkey on screen for Streets of Cairo
- Improved mode bonus interaction with Get the Idol completion animations
- Improved timing for combo shot on right loop
- Added preliminary Spinner mode support - requires PROC firmware update
- Added New Homage Mode - Cirqus Voltaire Ringmaster Battle with MG references. Currently included as 3rd Kingdom mode, but will be moved to secret selection at alternative for Jones vs Aliens in next update
- Removed lane change option for right flipper on INDY lanes, was making it too hard to shoot the chosen lamp
- Fixed bug in POA adventure target awarding and mini set completions
- Fixed bug in Frankenstein 'hidden' mode target letters
- Fixed bug in mode select where chosen mode could end immediately after being started
- Fixed bug in INDY lanes where bonus could be set as 0
- Fixed bug in Loops where shot value could result in 0

v0.5.0 Update
- Fixed an issue that caused a memory leak within the dmd display cleanup
- Fixed an issue with mode creation that caused unnecessary memory usage cross ball and game
- Fixed bugs in moonlight madness that caused a crash when mode was enabled
- Added Final Adventure mode for attempting/completing all scenes
- Added Combo shots
- Improvements to Jet mode. Super Jets added. Progress now stored cross ball. Flashers added
- Improvements to flashers active when video mode starts
- Fixed an issue with HOF that caused balls not to eject properly from the grail scoop
- Fixed a bug in main multiball that caused super jackpot to be lit too early
- Improvements to WOS interaction with totem multiball
- Improvements to WOS and mode bonus shots
- Fixed a bug with HOF that caused ball search to activate sometimes during the animations
- Improvements to POA sync with other modes
- Added pausing of mode timers whilst ball being locked for multiball
- Improvements to temple mech operation
- Fixed a bug in service mode that stopped active switches being shown when first entered
- Changed service mode sounds
- Improved screen start process so only 1 frameless board is drawn at boot up

Jim, is your code/system still with the Williams sounds and music?

I have Daz's here at moment and do prefer the Stern music and sounds on it. Sorry if overlooked this....

Jim, is your code/system still with the Williams sounds and music?

Yes, with extras including some of the sounds from the stern version like the ark sounds and a few speech calls that are ok. A lot of the stern speech is using bad impersonators and stuff already done from the williams version.

Darren's upgrade should be getting started soon

Yeah noted the Sean Connery impersonator, not good but not as bad as Michael Caine in BTDK (!) :eek:

I'm currently stripping it down and cleaning, so your upgrade should tie in nicely with completing it.

Yeah noted the Sean Connery impersonator, not good but not as bad as Michael Caine in BTDK (!) :eek:

I'm currently stripping it down and cleaning, so your upgrade should tie in nicely with completing it.

Not sure about that, i've been through every single sound/speech call on the stern version and the sean connery voice is horrible. :-o I think its probably the same guy doing all the voices. Its like being at a butlins comedy show ;) ....

Things to make sure are done on these games during a restoration:

- Fit upgraded stern service kit for the autofire and trough eject (available from pinball daze)
- New microswitch in the grail scoop (not just adjusted)
- Magnet core removed and turned flat again
- Replace broken super bright flasher boards with my redesign boards :)

Take note @replicas. I know the magnet core job is proposed. Autofire is now making the ramp (just) after a clean and new sleeve but sounds like the upgrade is essential. :thumbs:

Take note @replicas. I know the magnet core job is proposed. Autofire is now making the ramp (just) after a clean and new sleeve but sounds like the upgrade is essential. :thumbs:

What about the super bright flashers. As if all 4 are still working, then that's a miracle!

Already got the upgrade auto fire kit.
What's the thing with the flasher board Jim ?

Already got the upgrade auto fire kit.
What's the thing with the flasher board Jim ?

4 super bright flasher boards, nasty stern smd design that always burns out. I made a much nicer replacement. There's a thread on here somewhere about it specifically. They are located as follows:

2 - Ark lid (Left and right)
1 - Mr swordman
1 - Alien Skull above right ramp entrance

I use them much more than stern did in their version to. They are super bright though when working correctly!! (Shades needed!)

I'd be amazed if all your originals are still functional

I'm pretty sure the only flasher working are the ark ones , everything else is non functional.
How much for one of your replacement boards ?
D.

I'm pretty sure the only flasher working are the ark ones , everything else is non functional.
How much for one of your replacement boards ?
D.

They are £30 each plus postage. A much better alternative to the price marco sells originals for to!

Looks like I'll be getting one of your flasher boards along with everything else.

Daz, for info, checked tonight, all flashers working (with some new bulbs) except the skull.

The exit button on the test/credit buttons behind the coin door is playing up. I haven't got a spare one of these, only the Bally ones. You?

Jim, the ball eject mech for the map area (under the clear plastic) isn't strong enough to push the ball out of the recess.... nudges it but doesn't shove out. Looks in right position and is firing.... you had this before? Sorry to go OT.

Daz, for info, checked tonight, all flashers working (with some new bulbs) except the skull.

The exit button on the test/credit buttons behind the coin door is playing up. I haven't got a spare one of these, only the Bally ones. You?

Jim, the ball eject mech for the map area (under the clear plastic) isn't strong enough to push the ball out of the recess.... nudges it but doesn't shove out. Looks in right position and is firing.... you had this before? Sorry to go OT.

Yeah, this is getting a little too far away from my thread purpose - my software rewrite and journey. Start a shop log thread and i'll lend assistance on that. Cheers

Things have been a little hectic recently due to various things, but the Indy project continues to move forward

Another update was released a few weeks back after some user feedback and some things that were spotted during the instagram live streaming

v0.5.2 Update
- Fixed a problem with ball eject after Streets of Cairo completed via mode start shot
- Fixed a problem with ball eject after Get the Idol completed
- Fixed a bug with modes ending as soon as started on starting the second mode in a ball onwards
- Improved Streets of Cairo Lamp effects
- Improved Streets of Cairo completion animations interactions

Now, i'm working on v0.6.0 which will have the first pass of the skillshot mode included. Here's a screenshot from dev. The graphic is one that Eric created for me awhile back when doing the colouring of the dmd dots, before the stern indy project was started.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 22.47.17.png

Also working on the ark eject control additions to the main multiball and trying to decide whether to alter the main trough count to hold 5 balls as standard at the same time. This would give other multi balls and stacking more options, Plus an ark reload would be shorter.

So i'm working on adding the ark control in to the main multiball now. I've also been working on making the game a 5 ball game as standard aswell so that it gives more flexibility with modes and stacking the multi balls together etc. Seems a shame that 1 trough switch was assigned just for signifying an ark reload. Also it means that the trough has to be full before the ark can be reloaded. So this would mean the ark wouldn't be reloaded until the player was down to 3 balls. My code will reload the emptied ark as soon as mulitball ball save ends and a ball enters the trough.

Screen shot of some note for the code handling the logic. Things get complex real quick.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 18.46.35.png

I think we could actually make it a 9 ball game in total. I have also added a game setting to set the max ark balls so you can choose how many it will dump out into multiball once the 'extras' are qualified. A lower number will speed up reload even more and also change the game dynamic. Nice to make it user changeable. pinside.com_img_smilies_icon_smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom