What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

man you don't want to know what the premium was I paid for Ceramic Carbon Brakes on my M5! :D And all the do is stop me like the normal brakes!

Didn’t see this one coming..
Not overly impressed by the look of it TBH..

Not into the comic book superhero stuff 🤷‍♂️

Fair one, i was looking at that as well, Thanos gauntlet looks more like an oven glove with jelly tots stuck to it.
View attachment 118454
Like I say, the theme has definitely been an after thought as the Gauntlett should have been the lock. Fire the 6 balls up the ramp and they go into each stone. When all 6 have been locked, it could of moved/clicked/ or even shook and all hell breaks loose.
Instead we have a hulk spinner and iron man outlanes

You can get sh*t loads of these on ebay, different sizes which will fit for good price.....LED etc........ but Stern gave you the above.... looks like they cheaped out on one of the main feature toys!
View attachment 118467

Funny isn't it.... another few Dollars for some moulded plastic makes all the difference.

The 2D cut out in the Raptor Pen on JP is laughable. I picked up a toy dinosaur from China for £3.50.

I have no complaints with the game itself which is sensational but £20 more on toys during manufacturing would improve it no end.

20200902_173125.jpg

That glove is dreadful 😱
Theme and artwork does absolutely nothing for me but it does look like it has some nice features. Looking forward to playing one.

man you don't want to know what the premium was I paid for Ceramic Carbon Brakes on my M5! :D And all the do is stop me like the normal brakes!

Yup, same on the GT3, knew I couldn't face not having the bright yellow PCCBs every time I walked up to it (and no brake dust was a bonus).

The yellow is a bit bright. I said I wouldn't buy another LE, just stick to Pros but if I move BdK to the office, I can sit this next to DP LE and GOTG LE and SM

Decisions, decisions...

Stern certainly seem to be knocking new titles out, only seems like 5 minutes since Turtles came out. I think I'd prefer Turtles over this but until the playfield issues are sorted out I won't be buying any new Pins. I don't want to be praying to the Pinball Gods when opening a NIB that the playfield isn't one of their ****ty ones. Whilst it doesn't affect gameplay, it definitely affects resale value.

Stern certainly seem to be knocking new titles out, only seems like 5 minutes since Turtles came out. I think I'd prefer Turtles over this but until the playfield issues are sorted out I won't be buying any new Pins. I don't want to be praying to the Pinball Gods when opening a NIB that the playfield isn't one of their ****ty ones. Whilst it doesn't affect gameplay, it definitely affects resale value.

I do admit thats a major frustration for me also but the five games I've bought in the last year have been fine - touch wood this one is ok too.

Fair one, i was looking at that as well, Thanos gauntlet looks more like an oven glove with jelly tots stuck to it.
View attachment 118454

**** me , we will all be torching Roadshow's and Funhouses because the faces are so unrealistic :D :D :D

FIRE FIRE FIRE, I"M TORCHING MY JURASSIC PARK BECAUSE THE DINOSAUR ONLY HAS A HEAD!

Neil.

**** me , we will all be torching Roadshow's and Funhouses because the faces are so unrealistic :D :D :D

FIRE FIRE FIRE, I"M TORCHING MY JURASSIC PARK BECAUSE THE DINOSAUR ONLY HAS A HEAD!

Neil.

You have to admit a glove that looks as good as the art wouldn’t have been too difficult for stern to whip up though.

T-Rex looks great and fits in with everything, that glove does stand out a little, looks like a cheap mod.

I keep looking at the layout and thinking TMNT would have benefited from this! The hulk thing a spining pizza and secret entrance sewer Lid leading to their underground lair, the wireforms a kinda skateboarding park which theme wise just fits. Its like they designed the layout then decided on a theme IMO
im not bashing TMNT here just thinking this is kinda what I was expecting it to look like layout wise when 1st announced.
Either way looks a fun layout no matter the theme and I think like TMNT the yellow will look better in the flesh as Stern can do some nice powder coating when they try

Are there any correct pics of the premium anywhere? Ones I posted above have the incorrect art, should be Hulk on the premium not Thanos..?

This bloody hobby does my head in. Why do they have to go and release another pin I “need”, and will look great in the line up with GOTG, IM and SW. Good job I promised the wife that I wouldn’t buy another NIB otherwise I’d have one on order. That said 1st dibs on the first LE that comes up for sale 2nd hand.
Oh and I like the Yellow

Back
Top Bottom