What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

There's a ramp on this game that can be hit from all three flippers, very cool.

Just noticed the Pro is missing that crazy ass looking ramp that seems to defy gravity.

Last edited:
Looking at the feature matrix -

"Soul Gem unique "Flip Count" based wizard mode."

Wizard mode based on number of flips - brilliant.

Have to say that the Prem looks the way to go, suppose I'd better get saving now. Would really like to have all 3 Elwin games in a line

I like the Premium roller coaster style wire forms and metal ramps.
I think they are missing one of the most crucial mods though............
A hang mans noose to go with the dreadful dull music 😬🤦‍♀️

With both Maiden and Jurassic Park I personally don't feel you're missing much going Pro. This one looks a little bit more trimmed back. I'd at least want that vertical wire form ramp which is a bit Raptor Tower JP2 like. It's tough though when there's a 2 grand difference....

Agreed, the Prem/LE definitely looks like the way to go on this one. I'm a bit burnt out on superhero themes in general, but this looks awesome. Love the ramps and it's nice to see a subway from Stern again. Elwin is on a roll.

Is this the first time the Prem and LE have had almost identical cab art? The image is the same, just different colours.

Unlike before, Stern want paying in full with order and its $100 extra across the board!

So, although this will be on the website at £10.495 (LE) the forum price is more like £10k. I will not order any spare LE's so get ordering if you want one.

Last edited:
Designer - Keith Elwin
Art Work - Zombie Yeti
Limited Editions Late September
Pros - Early October
Premiums - Late October

I think that picture is wrong, The Premium has the HULK on it.

I don't see the big jump from Pro to prem personally. Almost 3k for a extra ramp and subway!

The game looks like it is fantastic and really fun to play but it certainly doesn't have anything to attached to The Avengers as a theme. Definitely looks like it was designed first and the theme has been flung on at the end.
The Avengers tower could easy be a phone box and boom, it is a bill and Ted pin.

I hated the yellow on WoZ but its more of a muddy yellow where I thought Emerald and Ruby really worked, yellow concrete not so much..

The yellow looks so bright on the Stern and fits the pinball machine perfectly. I'll soon have enough colours to do a spectrum from red to blue to green :D

Bloody hell! I'll likely always be a Pro man it seems... Even they're starting to drift out of my price range really.

They've got to offer a lot for £9k to interest me. Realistically a game that expensive would have to be better than two pinball machines which is what I'd have to sacrifice to get one.

I was playing LOTR last night and it's crazy to think that it was just a standard game at the time.

I guess they'll always have to have a disparity between pro/prem/LE to encourage people to buy. I think the balance will have to be not stripping so much out of the Pro that it ceases to be attractive at £6500+ which is an awful lot of money. You certainly don't want to spend six grand on a toy and feel that it's inadequate.

I think the JP pro is bang on and I certainly don't feel like I'm playing a second class bottom of the range pinball machine.

It will be very interesting to see what JJP do.

Back
Top Bottom