What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky - Rick and Morty Pinball

Quick heads up for anyone interested I will be making a plastic protector set for mine ASAP.
One of the lucky 1st delivery chaps has been unlucky and had his noob noob protector break already due to a weak spot! I will beef up mine a little.
My R&M BS was bought with every extra apart from the protectors as I prefer to do my own.

Like all my protectors I can do them most colours which suits the table but due to the RGB lighting in the GI which changes as modes kick in I will be doing mine in 2mm clear.

Remember all my protectors come with lifetime replacements as long as you still own the Pin and haven’t sold it on.

Thx Col

A common breakage is the UFO/ship pivot plastic. Mine broke after a short while, spooky sent me a few replacements and a shorter lift rod so the ship doesn't lift as much. If anyone's does break that's another job for Col. The thing is a pain to change though, quite a bit of dismantling before you can replace it.

IMG_20200923_103743.jpg

Been looking for a manual for the game - none in the box, none on the spooky website, so I emailed them asking for it. Response back:

"Currently in final review. Hope to have it out soon

Christopher
Spooky Pinball"

What you also have to consider - these machines could not of been tweaked by spooky as they have been sitting in boxes for months in a container.....

Im not a fan of the theme, but hope everyone enjoys it!

What you also have to consider - these machines could not of been tweaked by spooky as they have been sitting in boxes for months in a container.....

Im not a fan of the theme, but hope everyone enjoys it!
that picture is what my wife has as her Facebook cover image! LOL

My very quick take after a dozen or so games.

The Awesome:
Theme, Theme and Theme.
Sound and lights off the scale
Call outs must be the best ever made on a pin! I thought FG was funny this is like FG on steroids.
Cab art it a dream for the theme and not just mirrored each side so A++
Gabes new favourite game and his old fav TH has never changed even though I’ve had several pins since.

The Good:
Did I mention Theme.
Nothing like any pin I’ve ever played with quite a unique and challenging layout.
Music is like an ear worm that pulls you in again and again it’s defo a just one more game game.
Gets a smile out of me every game.

Not so good:
Powder coat would have been nicer in a deep sparkle it’s kinda rough hammerite finish.
Very brutal and unforgiving at times.
Left Garage shot not easy but very rewarding.
Subwoofer shaking the cab to bits horrendously which I hope is just a crossover or amp setting.
It kinda not a super slick polished product like JJP or stern and feels a little basic but this I expected for a boutique pin manufacturer.

The Bad:
QC not great ie.
The portal of my topper was loose and fell off.
I found a loose screw underneath from god knows where.
The apron sticker was well wonky and I’ll have to get them to send another out or make my own as it won’t peel off without damaging.
They had masking tape to protect in transit which was a bugger to remove in places.

Short term Conclusion I love it. So big thanks to Scotty for his spot and Phil@ PH for sorting everything.

I fixed the sub rattle by disconnecting it and connecting an old 10" pioneer car sub in a box, driving it with the R&M amp, but other ways to fix it are...

Fit a spacer between the speaker and the cab bottom, apparently the cone rubber edge is hitting the cab...or

Turn down the sub, it's hard to see because of where the amp is but it's the nearest dial to you... Or

Put anti-rattle tape on the glass edge... Or

Put snipped off cable ties under the glass channel which makes the glass tighter in the channel.

Thanks I’ll try spacing the Sub 1st along with fitting some of Neil’s invisiglass as it’s slightly thicker and may just do the trick.

Thanks I’ll try spacing the Sub 1st along with fitting some of Neil’s invisiglass as it’s slightly thicker and may just do the trick.
How you finding the flipper dropping issues col? All ok so far?

Looks like spooky are ditching the proc board going forward or making a clone...

fullsizeoutput_12cd.jpeg

Here's the amp controls if you want to play ( which are impossible to see where it's positioned ). You can get it sounding great with a little adjustment.

Untitled.jpg

Here's the amp controls if you want to play ( which are impossible to see where it's positioned ). You can get it sounding great with a little adjustment.

View attachment 134119

Pretty common amps used now in all sorts of pinball and arcade solutions. Readily availalble on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=lepy+lp-168s&_sacat=0

You could also upgrade to this model and have a jukebox scenario, plus wireless level adjustments maybe.. Not tried these myself though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lepy-LP-...799854?hash=item2647596bae:g:rnoAAOSw6EVfcacY

Mines here (#200).. but I can’t get it in the door... oh well, it’ll save me making all the adjustments.....

I have the same problem - have to get NIB games delivered to a mate because they won’t fit through my front door. I normally let him keep them for a couple of weeks as a thank you before I remove the backbox and move it over to my place so he’s very happy to help me out. Proper hassle but what can you do.

Unfortunately it looks like mine won’t be delivered until tomorrow now, but I’ll be heading over to his place to unbox it tomorrow night. Will be unboxing in his garden office alone to be COVID secure but I’ll definitely be taking a few beers with me and getting a few games in once I’m done!

if spooky are using their own boards it will be interesting to see if they reduce the price after they put it up when they started using proc.

Hold the phone!! Fintan is back and nobody has commented. How’s it going buddy.
:) I'm good thank you mate. Nice to see you still here. I trust all is good with you? Had a long pinball break but Rick & Morty drew me back in. (Although it feels like a lifetime ago that I ordered it!)

:) I'm good thank you mate. Nice to see you still here. I trust all is good with you? Had a long pinball break but Rick & Morty drew me back in. (Although it feels like a lifetime ago that I ordered it!)
Yeah good thanks dude. Good to see you back. Hope you get your mojo back

Back
Top Bottom