What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball Scooby Doo

Had a bit of a mare with my lockbar, played around with the adjustment screws but it still doesn't sit well/tight.
Thanks Kevin -

You were indeed correct - it was the lockdown bar button. In a nutshell, one of the wire contacts on the copper switch underneath was making electrical contact with the metal lockdown mechanism/ handle for the lockdown bar. So, as soon as you re inserted the lockdown bar and locked it, it was effectively activating the lockdown bar button.

I bent the connector slightly upwards so this doesn't happen. It's now working fine.

I'm thinking these machines aren't tested to quite the same standard that the Stern ones are...

But the gameplay is really good fun. Hoping my kids like it!

Cheers

Richard
:)

Do Spooky provide a manual and schematics for their games now? Someone on Reddit said they didn't which is kinda shocking...

Why do my back box speakers sound like loud static when pin is just running sounds like something needs turning down . Nothing in menu alters it

Looks like we have a mystery on our hands!

These rolled out during a game from the mystery machine area.
I don’t have a Scooby where they came from.
Any clues?

IMG_1899.jpeg

Christmas greetings :)

I set my game up last night ; many thanks to @Colywobbles for the video - epecially advice about being carefeul reseating playfield ref fouling action button as well as not etending playfield too far.
I too had to lower the amp volume to get rid of the horrible hiss and also needed to tighten the eject plunger bracket.

However, I still had ball serve failures and the nasty software fast forward it seems to trigger. Having removed the plunger, I noticed the nylon shaft was slightly proud of the steel plunger and was creating a small lip that meant the nylon shaft would occasionally get caught on the coil sleeve and stay in the upright position. Having filed it flush with the steel plunger, it seems a lot better.

Hmm - upper right flipper has now started to stick, even with the power off.
I guess I'll just whip off that top playfield then ....

Hmm - upper right flipper has now started to stick, even with the power off.
I guess I'll just whip off that top playfield then ....
I had this a few days ago, on mine it turned out to be the flipper being too tight with the playfield bushing. I thought I was in for a nightmare but managed to gap the flipper in place. Remove the front wall ( 2 screws ) so you can get at the mech. Loosen the clamp bolt a few turns ( I used a nut spinner ) and try to tap the flipper shaft up ( or pull and twist from above ). And re-secure when there's around 1mm of lift. Refit the wall. Take a photo of flipper alignment beforehand.

I've had nothing but problems with scooby in tilt, its hit and miss everyday somedays works fine next day its having issues

honestly spooky ain't meant for commercial use the 3 I found in LA and NYC in December were all off

Hopefully @Pick Holder to the rescue next week

I've had nothing but problems with scooby in tilt, its hit and miss everyday somedays works fine next day its having issues

honestly spooky ain't meant for commercial use the 3 I found in LA and NYC in December were all off

Out of interest how does it compare to running modern stern games? Is it balls getting stuck on artwork or places a ball search can't find it? Or other game breaking faults?

Always said that any of these kinda games that work on FAST/PROC etc are not really made for commercial use.

I remember TNA in Tilt. Was forever being told of faults.

Disconnect and reconnect the molex connectors.

Problem fixed until next week.

100% agree with Kirk

Out of interest how does it compare to running modern stern games? Is it balls getting stuck on artwork or places a ball search can't find it? Or other game breaking faults?

Sterns are work horses and rarely need anything major doing

Spooky can be 100 and 1 different things.

I had this a few days ago, on mine it turned out to be the flipper being too tight with the playfield bushing. I thought I was in for a nightmare but managed to gap the flipper in place. Remove the front wall ( 2 screws ) so you can get at the mech. Loosen the clamp bolt a few turns ( I used a nut spinner ) and try to tap the flipper shaft up ( or pull and twist from above ). And re-secure when there's around 1mm of lift. Refit the wall. Take a photo of flipper alignment beforehand.
That very nearly worked for me as you described, but I think I loosened it too much and then couldn't re-tighten it in place with only a nut spinner as the bolt was spinning.

After a lot of trying and failing to get an allen key on the bolt at the back I resigned myself to talking top playfield off.
Got about half way until I came up against same sqaure headed bolts which I've never seen before, let alone have a tool for.
Started to get a bit sad and then decided to totally take out the clamp nut and bolt and reverse them so the nut was on the back which I could then hold with a spanner. Back in business.

@kevlar ; great tip - thx

That very nearly worked for me as you described, but I think I loosened it too much and then couldn't re-tighten it in place with only a nut spinner as the bolt was spinning.

After a lot of trying and failing to get an allen key on the bolt at the back I resigned myself to talking top playfield off.
Got about half way until I came up against same sqaure headed bolts which I've never seen before, let alone have a tool for.
Started to get a bit sad and then decided to totally take out the clamp nut and bolt and reverse them so the nut was on the back which I could then hold with a spanner. Back in business.

@kevlar ; great tip - thx
Glad you got it sorted. I was lucky the Allen bolt didn't turn. I actually prefer this type of bolt ( I've shared a few of the other type ) but in this situation with limited access they should have fitted the other type where the head doesn't turn.

Official Topper can be ordered here!

Back
Top Bottom