What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball Scooby Doo

I have a 2 new problems 1’the volume sometimes decreases mid game.2 occasionally the flippers die and ball drains ,launch another ball and same till game ends .start another game and it will play for ages no problem then same again just when you think it’s fixed .any thoughts anyone please?no stuck switches in menu.

It's probably the upkicker from the trough jamming up, I know of 3 of us have had that so far. Slacken 2 Phillips screws holding the bottom bracket on, lift it up to hold the coil tight and re-secure ( if that is your problem ).

Not sure about the volume. Problem I had was a lot of background noise, my amp volume was maxed out causing it. I turned that down and the game volume up.

I had an issue with the 1 way gate to the left VUK last night. It jammed so it wouldn't let a ball in. While dismantling and fiddling I clumsily managed to break the plastic protector next to it. @Colywobbles to the rescue 🙂.

It's probably the upkicker from the trough jamming up, I know of 3 of us have had that so far. Slacken 2 Phillips screws holding the bottom bracket on, lift it up to hold the coil tight and re-secure ( if that is your problem ).

Not sure about the volume. Problem I had was a lot of background noise, my amp volume was maxed out causing it. I turned that down and the game volume up.
Thanks will give it a try🤞

Is everyone else's screen ok?? I have just finished setting my machine up and I have a mark on my screen. It's quite hard to get a good picture of but it's about an inch long a you can move it around a bit ...kinda like when you are fitting a screen protector to your mobile phone and some air gets trapped behind it. Don't thinks it's condensation or anything like that as it's been sat for 2 days in my heated games room. It's like part of the screen is touching the front panel☹️ Not really noticeable in gameplay but it's there.IMG-20231130-WA0005.jpg

just noticed my volume buttons cables are rubbing on the coin box quite tight it my be

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 34
Is everyone else's screen ok?? I have just finished setting my machine up and I have a mark on my screen. It's quite hard to get a good picture of but it's about an inch long a you can move it around a bit ...kinda like when you are fitting a screen protector to your mobile phone and some air gets trapped behind it. Don't thinks it's condensation or anything like that as it's been sat for 2 days in my heated games room. It's like part of the screen is touching the front panel☹️ Not really noticeable in gameplay but it's there.View attachment 238993
Mine did that on Halloween, I just fitted a better screen that is matt black and left that clear screen protector off. Miles better and no reflections.

Had quite a few games this morn and a mate popped over and can’t get him off 😂
Getting to grips and enjoying it even more a love the heartbeat effect through the shaker which is so simple but really effective.
Getting the cock locks down to pat for the Scooby snack multiball and starting to dial in the shots better.

Everything is spot on apart from the topper however to check it wasn’t just something simple I swapped the topper with the speaker output and it lights up.
So I’m guessing it’s this small esp32 board or whatever they called.

View attachment 238808

For now I’ll leave it switched around but I think the light show is possibly different from the button one anyone confirm this for me.

Back to solve a few mystery’s 😜
The lights are addressable LEDs so there is a 5v, ground and data going into each string

@kevlar Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I thought I saw some people had had a similar issue with Spooky screens but couldn't find the thread here or on pinside. Will take a proper look when I get some time.👍
@M4carp Can I ask what screen you used as a replacement? Could be a great solution/upgrade👍

@kevlar Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I thought I saw some people had had a similar issue with Spooky screens but couldn't find the thread here or on pinside. Will take a proper look when I get some time.👍
@M4carp Can I ask what screen you used as a replacement? Could be a great solution/upgrade👍
It’s all here, the screen was rubbish on Halloween. Now it’s perfect😎

Was probably in the TNA thread, think a few in there had the same issue with the plexi touching the screen.

Scooby Boo Boo!

Before I start I have go to say Scooby is a beautiful and packed pin and I am really enjoying the gameplay and code. However after less than a week i have come across a few questionable design flaws and although they nothing much to worry about or game destroying like the GB flipper gap I am sure they could have been addressed in the design phase.

I am just pointing these out to be wary of when working on your pin as I discovered them while fitting @stumblor awesome Phantom Lanterns mod.

When lifting the playfield and sliding it back be wary of damaging your drop target mech! Or even worse trying to plonk the skids in the channel where the rubbers have been fitted which is the usual resting place of many pins. On Scooby they are just not accommodated due to the aforementioned Drop Target mech! A word of note the 1st part of the drop mech to make contact with the lockbar is the circuit board itself 😦

IMG_1724.jpeg

A simple one but worth noting when dropping the Playfield back down into the cab be wary of the Lockbar button ring light as I almost snapped mine off due to it sticking out!

IMG_1733.jpeg

My initial thoughts of the game was it seemed forgiving but I take that back as I must have just had a few crackers from the off 😂
Now after almost a week of playing daily im getting some quite short and brutal games and thought the outline drains were part of the problem so went to move the outline posts and this is the biggest Scooby doo Mystery of them all! It is not quite as simple as moving the post as some numpty decided the light board shout be fitted over the adjustment hole itself 🤦

On the pic I have loosened the light board and swung it upward to show the PF hole right between the lenses, take note of the hole in the light board as this doesn't even let the bolt through the one already in place as its too small. Maybe I need to apply for a job at spooky as for me these are schoolboy errors which I am sure will be amended in light board v3 😂

Worst part the right is the easy one the left looks like its buried under the Huge Drop Target Mech 🤦 x 2

IMG_1723.jpeg

Anyhoo gonna spend the day tinkering with these and TBH not even sure they need to be moved in the first place as maybe need time to dial game in with skills to allow less outlane drains. Either way I want the option to do it as it should have been from factory so ill report back with my findings after I have moved them.

Oh one last thing I had Kev @kevlar contact me re. breaking his plastic at the lower left spotlight. I checked mine whI’ve doing the Lantern mod and sure enough mine was slightly chipped already and I think it was in part due too the topmost part bent up and sitting uncomfortably on the gate mech and post.

I have rectified this and made it possible to fit without removing the spotlight itself as that is a bit of a pain so if anyone has a problem I can supply a replacement.

IMG_1734.jpegIMG_1731.jpeg

Oh one last thing I had Kev @kevlar contact me re. breaking his plastic at the lower left spotlight. I checked mine whI’ve doing the Lantern mod and sure enough mine was slightly chipped already and I think it was in part due too the topmost part bent up and sitting uncomfortably on the gate mech and post.

I have rectified this and made it possible to fit without removing the spotlight itself as that is a bit of a pain so if anyone has a problem I can supply a replacement.

View attachment 239112View attachment 239113

Looks like you could do with a slightly smaller spacer there for the Lantern too, 2mm acrylic pushes it up just a bit too much. I'll send you another one of those green nylocks which would work better.

I got a ball stuck on the upper playfield the other day. The mid level ball guide is made out of thin metal un-supported on the end so the ball can easily bend it down and get jammed there. It's going to need a little modification to stop this happening. Also there's a few possible ball damaging exposed lane guide ends, 1 you can see in the photo and one on the lower playfield left orbit. Actually the knife this ball guide you can see is probably not going to do the ball any good either.

IMG_20231130_154252.jpg

Not had that happen but the saving grace is maybe the fact the upper flippers are ultra low strength! Well on mine at least.
I’m also finding those top lanes not the easiest of shots but starting to get the lock shot one a little better now.

Not had that happen but the saving grace is maybe the fact the upper flippers are ultra low strength! Well on mine at least.
I’m also finding those top lanes not the easiest of shots but starting to get the lock shot one a little better now.
I find the lock shot easiest backhanding it from a trapped ball on the right.

Update on outlane guide posts.

So today I spent an hour moving the outlane posts. Yes an hour!
What should have been a simple task turned out to be a Bit of a faff due to the light boards and having to dremel off the ends of the guide post themselves to fit under said boards.
Now they are finally in place I have come to the conclusion they don’t really need to be moved as they now over compensate making the outlanes too forgiving with very little risk of draining at all. 🤦

However I’ll leave them for a week to get a better feel but after a few game today chances are I will be reversing the process back to stock.

IMG_1728.jpeg

Update on outlane guide posts.

So today I spent an hour moving the outlane posts. Yes an hour!
What should have been a simple task turned out to be a Bit of a faff due to the light boards and having to dremel off the ends of the guide post themselves to fit under said boards.
Now they are finally in place I have come to the conclusion they don’t really need to be moved as they now over compensate making the outlanes too forgiving with very little risk of draining at all. 🤦

However I’ll leave them for a week to get a better feel but after a few game today chances are I will be reversing the process back to stock.

View attachment 239151
How weird that they didn't just go with the simple slit and adjustable post?

Screenshot 2023-12-04 091910.png

Mine is here, I've had a very very quick game and interestingly the front decal mark isn't there on mine. I had the issue with the audio buzz - I've turned the amp down which has resolved that. So far, so good. It looks absolutely amazing.

OK maybe I spoke too soon - it's behaving a bit weirdly. When trying to select a character at the start, the game seems to allow you to scroll but then selects for you after a random time. Also when finishing the game and trying to input your initials, it again just selects characters randomly. It's like a button is sticking but that doesn't show when playing the game? Maybe the plunger button?

Has anybody else experienced this please?

OK maybe I spoke too soon - it's behaving a bit weirdly. When trying to select a character at the start, the game seems to allow you to scroll but then selects for you after a random time. Also when finishing the game and trying to input your initials, it again just selects characters randomly. It's like a button is sticking but that doesn't show when playing the game? Maybe the plunger button?

Has anybody else experienced this please?
Check your lockdown button isn't jammed.
It gets stuck on the stupid led ring. I've no idea why they fitted that led ring, in practice it doesn't look any better than the single RGB led stern uses.

Check your lockdown button isn't jammed.
Thanks - it doesn't seem to be, it freely moves up and down, is making contact with the switch underneath (inside the LED ring). The lockdown bar itself doesn't seem to sit totally flat on the machine - as in when you put your hands on it to play, it has a tiny bit of flex in it. I'll take another look in a bit to see if anything obvious.

Thanks - it doesn't seem to be, it freely moves up and down, is making contact with the switch underneath (inside the LED ring). The lockdown bar itself doesn't seem to sit totally flat on the machine - as in when you put your hands on it to play, it has a tiny bit of flex in it. I'll take another look in a bit to see if anything obvious.
Had a bit of a mare with my lockbar, played around with the adjustment screws but it still doesn't sit well/tight.

Back
Top Bottom