What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Halloween

jake52

Site Supporter
Alias
Ste
Kaneda got Mandalorian right, he's saying Halloween is confirmed as Spookys next title.

That would a strange choice of theme. Personally, I would love it, but it’s not very family friendly or location friendly.

It's very niche, not sure it would be a popular sell out like R&M was

More info but still no reveal yet. Charlie says "Nice shirt Bug" at the end of the video which makes me think it isn't going to be Evil Dead. Could be a double bluff though 🤔.

I'm intrigued. I love Halloween, and I'm excited to see a horror movie licence in pinball... but at the same time I can't quite imagine how this particular movie will translate to gameplay and rules. Either way, can't wait for the reveal.

Glad I didn't bother with the Spooky Fang club.. Halloween as a licence doesn't interest me.

Theme wise not for me, but I can easily look beyond a theme for a great game. Spooky are the nicest people to deal with, seem to have a great PR and even with the R&M issues (which are sorted now right?) they get so much love. I was speaking with Kaneda the other day and he was saying now in his opinion they’re best placed to steal a run, not sure given their manufacturing limitations but a new factory, great people…. Could be interesting times.

Every spooky game I’ve played, which to be honest is only TNA and ACNC, I’ve really enjoyed. People say ACNC is tight and cluttered but again, I’ve always wanted one. Good theme, and a really nice twist on the tried and tested dad rock theme (maybe owning one execution not so great, again not had hours on it). Feels very legend of Zelda with the dungeons and rooms.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Would be really interesting if it was Haloween 3: Season of the Witch, that’d really throw the cat amongst the flippers! Great jingle for a callout though, which I am sure will be in there. With Myers being on their FB page now though, no chance it’s largely based around 3.

Disagree - Spooky were f**** awful with the way they handled the R&M flipper issue. I was getting really frustrated with lack of communication - I asked the poor support guy who was getting the brunt of my frustration to escalate it to the top - he tells me he did, yet I heard nothing from them - not a jot. radio silence. I had to do all the running and pushing and it was another forum member here who tipped me off the the beta release that sorted my issues. Ive also been let down by them on a request for a user manual. They are ****e at communicating. You don't even get a email to say a new version of the sw is available. I mean come on - how hard is it - especially for a small vendor like that - their customer service should be much better than say sterns as they have less machines out there, less staff to miss communicate, less layers of mgmt for things to get lost in, less customers.

Wont be getting any more NIB orders from me - just out of principle - even if they did my favourite ever theme.

Really surprised to hear that Alan, I’ve only deals with them for giveaways at Pinfest and the like and they’ve been really nice. I guess really, all that matters is how they handle their customers and that doesn’t sound great. Darn :(

I guess my experience was different to Alans because I didn't have the really poor flippers Alan did which spooky clearly struggled to fix. No excuse for the lack of communication with Alan, I always found them extremely responsive to my emails.

Spooky were really helpful to me, even when I wasn't the original purchaser of ACNC. They were quick to help me diagnose my bulb issues and sent out a few replacements free of charge. They also resolved my TNA numeric display problem promptly.

I'd trust them to deal with any issues over JJP any day.

They were also the only company to admit there were issues with their playfields rather than just ignoring it, and by all accounts have fixed said problems.

unless it has JLC getting her kit off on the LCD screen its a hard pass for me. Plus ben heck hardware! Just think though, if you order now you might get it for next Halloween! :D

Neil.

Disagree - Spooky were f**** awful with the way they handled the R&M flipper issue. I was getting really frustrated with lack of communication - I asked the poor support guy who was getting the brunt of my frustration to escalate it to the top - he tells me he did, yet I heard nothing from them - not a jot. radio silence. I had to do all the running and pushing and it was another forum member here who tipped me off the the beta release that sorted my issues. Ive also been let down by them on a request for a user manual. They are ****e at communicating. You don't even get a email to say a new version of the sw is available. I mean come on - how hard is it - especially for a small vendor like that - their customer service should be much better than say sterns as they have less machines out there, less staff to miss communicate, less layers of mgmt for things to get lost in, less customers.

Wont be getting any more NIB orders from me - just out of principle - even if they did my favourite ever theme.

I do think there is an element of complacency with spooky; they have a nice business that scales to a few hundred games a year and they have more demand than supply. I had a falling out with them over the TNA chipping which was totally avoidable if they had done a proper announcement about it rather than half a post on pinside. I eventually came to an arrangement with Charlie that I was comfortable with otherwise I'd never have ordered R&M. On comms Alan I agree with you they are poor. but thats an industry trait!

Back
Top Bottom