What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sonos do the dirty

Anyone have more info on the connect models that are getting dumped.??

My connect (that runs my jukebox) is series id C100, hardware version 1.17.5-5.2

Do they publish more info on these models other than just the basic names of them?? I didnt get an email so i'm wondering if the connect has various models and hardware under the umbrella of 'connect' and whether mine is ok for awhile longer.

Well, it seems its now 2 app time :(

I think all my system is compatible with v2 app, but when i go to upgrade i see (for a brief second) that everything is ok apart from my old bridge device, so i have to get a new one before i can upgrade the devices themselves. The seperate wireless mesh network was one of the best things about it to. Frikin money hungry whore of a company...

Also the icon of the new Sonos S1 app is horrible. The title of it doesnt even fit in the space for the app name... its like they did it on purpose to be ****!!

My mate just done some kinda upgrade through Sonos and spent almost a grand. I know what I would have done as a matter of principle.
wnakers

Just rearranging games room, unplugged a ZP80, took me ages to get it back online

Yes whoever thought the diarrhoea brown was a good brand colour needs their head examined

Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 14.10.16.png

Yes whoever thought the diarrhoea brown was a good brand colour needs their head examined

View attachment 110336

I think its supposed to be gold :( The app name used to be SONOS not Sonos S1 Controller. Its ****ing me off, though funnily enough my S1 app displays as

SonosS1Con

which is pretty accurate :p

I'm annoyed because i love this stuff especially my sonos connect in my 70s seeburg and to do this to people is like the management ****ed the entire engineering department over, or the original creators left the company and its gone in different direction..

I'm waiting for Hive, Nest etc eventually pull support for old models - they can't be planning on supporting them indefinitely, it's going to be an issue at some point - Sorry your heating controller or smoke alarm are no longer supported :eek:.

In some ways I get it, you can't support stuff for ever and you can't put new features in old kit if it doesn't have the grunt/featuresets to do it, so eventually companies are in a position they can't move forward while still supporting the old stuff.

Would have made more sense to create a new range and push the current stuff into a legacy - it works, but it is what it is mode though.
If the old hardware is capable, but they are actively not supporting it to push people into upgrades that's flat out wrong and I wouldn't go anywhere near them again.

I'm waiting for Hive, Nest etc eventually pull support for old models - they can't be planning on supporting them indefinitely, it's going to be an issue at some point - Sorry your heating controller or smoke alarm are no longer supported :eek:.

In some ways I get it, you can't support stuff for ever and you can't put new features in old kit if it doesn't have the grunt/featuresets to do it, so eventually companies are in a position they can't move forward while still supporting the old stuff.

Would have made more sense to create a new range and push the current stuff into a legacy - it works, but it is what it is mode though.
If the old hardware is capable, but they are actively not supporting it to push people into upgrades that's flat out wrong and I wouldn't go anywhere near them again.

Well I’m pretty sure my wireless bridge is still ok doing its thing as it’s not actually a music device more of an accessory to them, making a separate mesh network, but it still stopped the full thing updating to v2 and all I got told was use s1 app your stuff is old!! Luckily I worked out where the issue was. Non tech people may give up and think that’s the end for it all!

So I’m now £85 poorer because I want my 6 room system setup to still get updates . new Boost device on its way

Also they could have had old and new devices in one system and app quite easily if it was a legacy thing, where only the newer ones update but the old ones still function as basic speakers, but chose to make life hard for their customers

Well I’m pretty sure my wireless bridge is still ok doing its thing as it’s not actually a music device more of an accessory to them, making a separate mesh network, but it still stopped the full thing updating to v2 and all I got told was use s1 app your stuff is old!! Luckily I worked out where the issue was. Non tech people may give up and think that’s the end for it all!

So I’m now £85 poorer because I want my 6 room system setup to still get updates . new Boost device on its way

Also they could have had old and new devices in one system and app quite easily if it was a legacy thing, where only the newer ones update but the old ones still function as basic speakers, but chose to make life hard for their customers

The controller is the app itself though with Sonos isn't it, so yeah I'm struggling to see why they couldn't just have a legacy devices bit in there.

12f4d055d3303c2ec8e909c487e48740.jpg

i have gone back a step. just can’t be ****d with sonos at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone fancy this old bridge device for their system? Better connection separated out from your regular wireless network. £20 plus postage. All working fine. Now redundant in my system as i upgraded to a new boost device to keep my setup current.

WydnZeHQRLa7OEcSYSdSxQ.jpg

Sonos 1
Jim 0

I'm just bustin' ur shinebox mate... ;-) :p

yeah as I said before I still want updates and my house system to work along with my jukebox so I upgraded this single item. They have you over a barrel which is what this whole discussion is about. At least I can delete that terrible s1 app now. Also glad my actual speakers are still supported for now

Back
Top Bottom