What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Who's Coming To 8 Bit Flip This Easter?

Yeah I think all the GI and playfield lighting was out on that JD, it was completely unplayable in that dark room.

It wasn't although the it certainly looked like it was. It appears to be a result of using insert LEDs for GI so there was no spread of light.

Last edited:
Massive thanks to everyone involved in organising, and anyone who lent machines. Me and the family had an awesome time.

Phoebe's highlight was obviously taking the shine off my performance in the old flip today, where it looked like I was going to qualify for the semi finals until she had her go and beat me... :oops::rofl:

I'm going to have to stop bringing her with me!

Just got home and unloaded, drinking beer now. Thanks everyone for all the effort involved in a show like this, the fixing guys especially, who went around sorting anything and everything all day long. I don't remember another show like it, where around 95% of all the games were fully playable at all times - more than 95% actually, as the 60 or so games I saw, probably only 1 or two had the pinball sickness.

Favourite games of the show for me were @Adrian Hufton's TAF, the sit-down Galaga upstairs in the awesome and enormous arcade, trying out VR rally car driving, and of course (by a country mile) Alien from our own @Heighway Pinball. Guaranteed smash hit there Andy, *if* you can now build them fast enough to meet the demand for them, without leaving people waiting too long and so they lose interest and get distracted or feel let down if they already paid a long time ago. Suck it up, get that manufacturing contracted out! And try to get the Predator license, it'd be a natural successor down the line. It's a great game, so I'd probably join the throng at your factory gates with a van and a wad of cash ready to buy one if they were available now.

Great to meet some new friends @ski Andy @PBrookfield Paul @Marvello Mark and put some faces to others I've 'known' online a few years, as well as to spend some quality drinking and goat-acting time with loads of total bell ends I've known for years now. it's the community spirit that makes this hobby for me, i found out that the more effort i put in, the more i get back, so it's like family to me.

Here's to the next shows - for me, probably Swavesey then NERG then NLP but no doubt have forgotten some others. Oh and league meets at @Mfresh @johnwhitfield @Mike Parkins @Julian places too.

More beer calling

@ailsaclunie do tell us all your plans for some kind of Olympic Pinball Sex Swing game, I think I blotted it out when you were talking about it

Last edited:
May I add my thanks to those of others. It really was a well organised event, plenty of games, great venue. The NLP guys really do know how to put on a good event. Nice to catch up with folk

I only had a few games on it, but Alien looked really good. It reminded me of the great widebody gottliebs (Spirit, Haunted House etc) as it had interesting flipper locations and shot angles that Bally/ Williams/ Data East etc never really employed

Alien is much more eye-catching than Full Throttle. It obviously has a superb theme. Nice features like the face hugger slings, alien queen lock mechanism, egg pop bumpers, good modes based on the films. With the iconic sounds as well it really did evoke the emotions of the film. I am not bothered about film clips as they interrupt the flow, but I know that many others will love them and they will draw in paying punters in a commercial environment.

I am under no illusions as to how hard it is to get pinball machines into production, but Heighway could have a real hit on its hands here.

Fantastic show, really enjoyed it. Agree with all the comments from all regards the hard work put in to keep those machines on line :clap::clap: sterling job well done guys :thumbs:

The highlight for me was CV which simply looked gorgeous, the toys on Pinball Magic, the levitating ball looked brilliant and Alien. Playing it with friends whilst the family watched me on the little screen at home!!!!! @myPinballs you're an Internet sensation bossing the Alien with a top score :thumbs:

Fantastic arcade upstairs it was great to relive my youth on some class 80's games. Low point of the day was @chris b kicking my butt on track and field :sad: the fingers are in training for next year Chris for the rematch :thumbs:

WATCH THOSE CORNERS PEOPLE, STAY FROSTY :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Seeing as I live less than a 10-15 minute walk from Arcade Club... it would be a bit rude not to wouldn't it ;)

My only machine won't be ready in time to offer for this event unfortunately but if any help is needed from a local grunt... I'm free most of the time to assist :thumbs:

Thanks mark for helping us pack up van - could not find you to say cheerio . Anytime you are in Glasgow , feel free to visit [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got home and unloaded, drinking beer now. Thanks everyone for all the effort involved in a show like this, the fixing guys especially, who went around sorting anything and everything all day long. I don't remember another show like it, where around 95% of all the games were fully playable at all times - more than 95% actually, as the 60 or so games I saw, probably only 1 or two had the pinball sickness.

Favourite games of the show for me were @Adrian Hufton's TAF, the sit-down Galaga upstairs in the awesome and enormous arcade, trying out VR rally car driving, and of course (by a country mile) Alien from our own @Heighway Pinball. Guaranteed smash hit there Andy, *if* you can now build them fast enough to meet the demand for them, without leaving people waiting too long and so they lose interest and get distracted or feel let down if they already paid a long time ago. Suck it up, get that manufacturing contracted out! And try to get the Predator license, it'd be a natural successor down the line. It's a great game, so I'd probably join the throng at your factory gates with a van and a wad of cash ready to buy one if they were available now.

Great to meet some new friends @ski Andy and @PBrookfield Paul and put some faces to others I've 'known' online a few years, as well as to spend some quality drinking and goat-acting time with loads of total bell ends I've known for years now.

Here's to the next shows - for me, probably Swavesey then NERG then NLP but no doubt have forgotten some others. Oh and league meets at @johnwhitfield @Mike Parkins @Julian places too.

More beer calling

@ailsa clunie do tell us all your plans for some kind of Olympic Pinball sex swing game, I think I blotted it out when you were talking about it

Tubular scaffolding arriving next week Dan [emoji3]

and Alien. Playing it with friends whilst the family watched me on the little screen at home!!!!! @myPinballs you're an Internet sensation bossing the Alien with a top score :thumbs:

Certainly my favourite part of the show. Great time with your good self, @chris b and @Garry Sp8 Always great to have some friendly 4 player games on something new. Our game play image of alien is also now upto 37 likes on my instragram feed. The fame!!!! ;)

and of course (by a country mile) Alien from our own @Heighway Pinball. Guaranteed smash hit there Andy, *if* you can now build them fast enough to meet the demand for them, without leaving people waiting too long and so they lose interest and get distracted or feel let down if they already paid a long time ago. Suck it up, get that manufacturing contracted out!

Totally agree. Get em built and ready for people to buy straight off without the preorder stuff and long delays

Alien is the first game in a while that's given me temptation to offload others and buy. Very impressed with it, played great all weekend too didn't it?

Alien is the first game in a while that's given me temptation to offload others and buy. Very impressed with it, played great all weekend too didn't it?

Yes I felt like that to. Also with it being on pay for play it brought back lots of early 90s memories for me playing group games 'for real'. No free play or endless chances. Make your game count. Something I wasn't expecting but was a pleasant surprise

The only 'problem' I encountered in about 10-15 games was a stuck ball in the little triangle in centre of playfield where the ball was fired into the gap by the upper right flipper. Should be an easy fix. Anyone seen a rulesheet?

It also flaked out once and needed power cycling - suspect it got hot - great looking play and I'll have one for sure when I can pay and collect on the same day.

The only 'problem' I encountered in about 10-15 games was a stuck ball in the little triangle in centre of playfield where the ball was fired into the gap by the upper right flipper. Should be an easy fix. Anyone seen a rulesheet?

20170416_134705.jpg

20170416_134702.jpg

@Heighway Pinball might want to look into that.

Seems to have got a great reception, haven't seen any of the Alien movies so doesn't hold much attraction for me other than being a locally produced pin. Hopefully get a game some day and you never know down the line......

Cheers
Ian

@Heighway Pinball might want to look into that.

Seems to have got a great reception, haven't seen any of the Alien movies so doesn't hold much attraction for me other than being a locally produced pin. Hopefully get a game some day and you never know down the line......

Cheers
Ian

How have u managed to live this long without seeing them! Hang your head in shame soldier

What a superb weekend. Huge thanks to everyone that loaned a machine - was a great selection there. Everyone that donated (heard that a few paid back their competition refund/winnings which is just awesome). Everyone that offered their time - there are a regular few that always turn up and help (some coming a great distance, some more local) and there are also relative newcomers to the community - all who gave a huge amount of personal time this weekend. You know who you are, and are all very very appreciated.

The competitions were great again, very friendly and good fun. A few youngsters seemed to do particularly well, and I know I wasn't the only one hoping that Dan's daughter was going to qualify through on Sunday!

Personal highlights were watching @TYHO find and fix a fault on (the upstairs) Twilight Zone that had had me baffled, and of course Alien. Really great of Matt to come the huge distance he did with that, and I thought @strobey's streaming rig was put to great use showcasing it.

Top marks all round I think :)

Back
Top Bottom