What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales/Trade/Wanted Ads

Anyone else not getting e-mail notifications on new for sale posts ads?

I checked notifications and they are on.

Don't show up in new posts until someone posts a comment so the only way I see something new in classifieds is to click on that forum. Not sure this is for everyone am on an android phone

The latest for sale ads now appear in the new posts :)
But all they say is pinball machines for sale/wanted/trade there used to be a prefix where they would say for sale trade or wanted?

87DB57EA-0128-44B8-A7E3-9E5F23FD9B46.jpeg

I haven't seen anyone else report this:
I'm viewing on a Samsung S20, Android in Chrome.

I have this view Screenshot_20210108-214545_Samsung Internet.jpg
I can't find the notifications, either in threads or classified ads.

However, if I turn my phone to landscape I get this
Screenshot_20210108-214549_Samsung Internet.jpg
Turn it back to portrait, and the notifications return.

Wtf?

Thats standard on Most android phones.... If you click on the three lines on the top in portrait mode, it should open up a downwards menu....

Notifications for new classifieds stay unread for me, even though I've visited the page several times now - anyone else?

1610380774623.png

Just seen the ad for the Wonka come up as there was a discussion so it popped up in my feed

out of idle interest I wondered what the going price was. Does this info disappear when things get moved into the sold section?

Thats standard on Most android phones.... If you click on the three lines on the top in portrait mode, it should open up a downwards menu....
I understand that, but when I open the drop down menu there were no unread notification indicators on any of the options.

Likely the same as Fubar, notifications wouldn't disappear despite me going on each ad, and question within. Was easy to track when the new system was first implemented as there weren't many threads, there's now going to be no way of knowing where the notifications are amongst the many, and increasing, ads.

Not a massive problem, it just means that I won't visit the for sale or wanted at all, which is a shame.

When I hit new posts it doesn't show new posts in classifieds. So I am not seeing games for sale. I have now set a watch on that. Is this now normal behaviour?

I think the new classified list thing I rubbish I haven't got a clue on how it works I liked the old one that was easy what happened to the ebay lists I use like that one as well

When I hit new posts it doesn't show new posts in classifieds. So I am not seeing games for sale. I have now set a watch on that. Is this now normal behaviour?
Phil I found that you have to sign in and then click on the Classified to see new or any machine/parts for sale etc etc , but what really mess with my head at the mo is the Green box is for sale and Red box are sold item's or wanted item's !!

Ah ok, so are these threads auto generated when someone posts something in the classifieds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...helps if it is but subscribing to that thread doesn’t work for me (Tapatalk- iPhone)

For sale etc posts appear in 'New posts' for me.

However it goes straight to the 'discussion' tab rather that the more useful 'overview' tab.

Notifications for new classifieds stay unread for me, even though I've visited the page several times now - anyone else?

View attachment 129909
They're working kooky for me too, on PC browser if you hover over the alert you see a little blue circle bottom right which you can then click Mark Read (for full circle) or even Mark Unread (for empty circle), once they're Marked Read in the Alert list the number decrements. On phone browser the empty/full circle on each Alert is permanently displayed and can be tapped to toggle status.

However it goes straight to the 'discussion' tab rather that the more useful 'overview' tab.
Same here
+1 has taken some getting used too, I guess it makes sense when the Alert relates to a new Discussion post in an existing Classified

Paul, just wanted to post some positive feedback on the new for sale section, having recently used it.

I really like it, easy to use and I much prefer how it splits out the general discussion from the main ad.

Really easy to list, mark the item as sold etc.

For me it is an improvement, I know most folk on here won’t agree but that is more to do with it being different and not liking change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats because the "new post" is a new discussion post.. if i get it correctly. Hence why it takes you to the discussion.

The be fair, Personally i would rather it take you to the item itself as well, however if you have already viewed it then it makes sense... Just like a new post takes you to that post in a thread....

Thats good only if you want to watch for new posts - because it will still show items that have sold...
I actually like seeing sold items rather than have them disappear. However that listing doesn't show the "sold"/"for sale" prefix next to the thread name :(

Paul, just wanted to post some positive feedback on the new for sale section, having recently used it.

I really like it, easy to use and I much prefer how it splits out the general discussion from the main ad.

Really easy to list, mark the item as sold etc.

For me it is an improvement, I know most folk on here won’t agree but that is more to do with it being different and not liking change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What makes you say people don’t like it due to it being different and ‘not liking change’ - nothing to do with it, personally I like to be able to look through old ‘Sold’ threads as it gives you an idea of availability and price, on top of that the open discussion on sales threads was always beneficial especially to new comers.

What makes you say people don’t like it due to it being different and ‘not liking change’ - nothing to do with it, personally I like to be able to look through old ‘Sold’ threads as it gives you an idea of availability and price, on top of that the open discussion on sales threads was always beneficial especially to new comers.

Couldn’t agree more with this!

I'm still getting used to it but there seems to be Discussions allowed on each classified ad.

Also, the Filter on "Sold" status across all Categories seems more powerful than previous functionality.

1610621883527.png

Back
Top Bottom