What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales/Trade/Wanted Ads

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,
As of later tonight the Sales/Trades/Wanted forum will be closed for 24-48 hours to allow me to get the new system online.
(when i say "closed", i mean closed for new posts)...

When sales/trades/wanted re-opens, this will be via the new system, which i will provide a noddys guide for (It is simple, however there's a few bits of info that would help people).

The old forum will remain open for replies only, and not new posts.

This will be a bit of a change to the existing, however i ask that people give it a little time to gain familiarity - hopefully it will add to the experience on the site.

Many thanks
Paul

Sounds good Paul. Do we know how this will affect Tapatalk app users? Not sure how many of us there are..?

I was a big Tapatalk user, but I do have to say, mobile web version direct to the site is much better IMHO...

I will have to try it.

I like having the app as it sits in the background and alerts you with replies.

Self contained etc

The web version i presume requires you to keep a tab open at all times?

It's certainly an improvement that's for sure, will be good to get it rolled out ready for the new year 👌

Sounds good Paul. Do we know how this will affect Tapatalk app users? Not sure how many of us there are..?

As with anything add-on, Tapatalk doesnt support it (Such as the events calendar).

Tapatalk is a massive potential massive security hole... IMO whilst i find it REALLY useful, it's also not been updated for ages, plus it doesnt support anything other than vanilla.

Tapatalk will be off into the sunset soon (hopefully!)

Users should now be able to Reply to anything existing, however not be able to post new threads to the sales/trades/Wanted forums as per above....

I will let people know in around 48 hours when the new system can be used...

Many thanks
Paul

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to 'watch' the classifieds like you could the Machine Sales thread to get alerts when a new Pin for sale was posted. That could make things interesting, who's going to be constantly checking what has been newly listed :p.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to 'watch' the classifieds like you could the Machine Sales thread to get alerts when a new Pin for sale was posted. That could make things interesting, who's going to be constantly checking what has been newly listed :p.
Doh! I missed the 'Watch' option staring me in the face, ignore my last comment!

Does this effectively disable comments on a For Sale post, or is that what the 'Ask a question' option is for?

"Ask a question" - this would be something along the lines of "Is there any planking on the Playfield", or "Does this come with a manual!.... i.e. something directly related to the item being sold.
As opposed to "Discussion" which would be "GLWS" or "I have one of these, it's a Great Game" ;) :)

Is it intentional that the tag colours have changed? E.g. "For Sale" is now green rather than red.

Nope. I set everything up, and then realised that it was all double-prefixed.

the way i look at it now... Green is available... ;)

Hi, I’d like to post a wanted ad but I’ve insufficient privileges, despite posting a want ad the other day and recently donating.
What’s changed?
Thanks guys
@Paul

Not on my device no... I think that has been discussed, no support for the Tapatalk app... Tapatalk seems to be lacking support from the authors apparently.

Not on my device no... I think that has been discussed, no support for the Tapatalk app... Tapatalk seems to be lacking support from the authors apparently.

Tapatalk only supports a Vanilla forum.. No addons, nothing. Which to me misses a bunch of support of any new features (especially as it was last updates at least 6 months ago). Another security risk!

Tapatalk only supports a Vanilla forum.. No addons, nothing. Which to me misses a bunch of support of any new features (especially as it was last updates at least 6 months ago). Another security risk!

Not true, last update was 21st December.

Personally I think it would be a shame not to be able to use it going forwards. The app is streamlined, nice UI and without any bloat.

For mobile use definatley a better UX.

Desktop use I would agree standard browser access is best.

Tim

I don't use tapatalk, but I agree that on my phone (Nexus 5X), this site is a bit sluggish. Especially when posting, some clicks can take several seconds to process. Still, this is one of the nicest forum software out there so it's worth it.

@Paul - this is what it looks like on my computer - unless I highlight the block under the price on the Houdini I can not see it says '1 watching'

I am using the dark mode as you can see.

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 20.04.45.png

Do for sale ads no longer show under the “new posts”.

Even though I can see the discussion about the game the initial post isn’t linked to it.

Even though I can see the discussion about the game the initial post isn’t linked to it.

IT usually appears on the "Discussion" page... if you look to the left you should see the rest of the info... (Hopefully!!)

1610129051996.png

Do for sale ads no longer show under the “new posts”.

IT usually appears on the "Discussion" page... if you look to the left you should see the rest of the info... (Hopefully!!)

View attachment 129653
What about if the overview was at the top of the discussion tab?............

Back
Top Bottom