What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales/Trade/Wanted Ads

I'm still getting used to it but there seems to be Discussions allowed on each classified ad.

Also, the Filter on "Sold" status across all Categories seems more powerful than previous functionality.

View attachment 130071

Exactly, discussions still able to happen on for sale ads and able to filter much better IMO.

Please commented on my recent for sale ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is the right place? I see the new classifieds section, but i dont see any way to post a machine i want to sell?

Am i being dumb? Help please?

have you made a donation to the site? then you can post for sale and wanted classified ads min £10 for a year. bargain! helps keep the site running

have you made a donation to the site? then you can post for sale and wanted classified ads min £10 for a year. bargain! helps keep the site running

No i havent.

Ahh, OK. Doesnt say that anywhere.

So if i donate, then a button allowing me to post appears?

Do you have to be a "site supporter" to post classified ads?
I can't see any way to post them, so I guessed that might be the case, but I also can't see anything telling me that...

From the T&C's.... (https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/help/marketplace/)

But yes - it probably should be more obvious!! :)

Sorry Ross!

Additional For Sale/Wanted/Free Terms and Rules

The purpose of the Marketplace For Sale/Wanted/Trades categories is to provide our contributing members a place to facilitate commerce.

• 2.1 Who May Create Ads in the For Sale/Wanted/Trades Categories?

Only site Supporters are permitted to post a Marketplace Advertisement.

To become a site supporter, you must make a donation here : https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/dbtech-donate/

This donation is valid for 12 months from the last donation made, and will allow you to post in the classifieds section for this period of time.

Blimey, it turns out you really do need to read the Ts and Cs! :D
It'll be interesting to see if that drives traffic elsewhere - early days yet, of course, but I don't see very many ads right now...!

Seriously though, I'm not criticising your decision, I understand that providing this site has its costs - and I will happily make a donation next time I want to list something for sale here.

Here’s my ‘home page’ for Pinball Info:

A6C79578-2EA2-45EF-97DC-D26CBECBA924.jpeg

Can anyone tell me why it doesn’t say ‘for sale’ or ‘wanted’ in this list anymore? Nor the price (if it’s for sale).

Here’s my ‘home page’ for Pinball Info:

View attachment 134741

Can anyone tell me why it doesn’t say ‘for sale’ or ‘wanted’ in this list anymore? Nor the price (if it’s for sale).
Strange.....

1615655676176.png

Ahh you are looking at "New Posts".
I'm looking at classifieds "latest content".

So those wont show the price... because they are notifications of a new Discussion creation, which is automatic on each new sale post (this creates the "discussion thread"..). These would have never shown the price, unless someone has added in the title. Exactly the same as the "old" forum.

Strange.....

View attachment 134742

So those wont show the price... because they are notifications of a new Discussion creation, which is automatic on each new sale post (this creates the "discussion thread"..). These would have never shown the price, unless someone has added in the title. Exactly the same as the "old" forum.
I’m looking at this:
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/whats-new/posts/1934789/

it would be great if those discussions had a for sale / wanted / sold flag on them. Right now I can’t tell if it’s for sale or a request!

Strange.....

View attachment 134742

The old section didn't show the price there but did have "for sale" or "wanted" flags.

Would be good if they could be shown for the new style. Would also be good if it defaulted to the details of what is for sale or wanted rather than default default to the discussion when you click on it. Dont know if that's doable or not? Screenshot_20210313-205334_Chrome.jpg

Totally agree with Dan on the defaulting to discussion, would be much better if it defaulted to the for sale post.

also agree it would be good if the for sal, wanted etc tags could be applied to both the for sale item and the discussion, whichever is going to show in the new post listing. i know it’s now all about me but I only really use the new posts view unless I’m searching for some old post etc..

again not sure if that doable and appreciate it might be a load of work etc

Hi guys, would anyone likes to sell there whitewater? im urring on a newer machine but i suspect as soon as i pull the trigger a whitewater would appear on the forum :)I know its a long shot and im not really in a rush and i know its harder to get than some titles but if you dont ask you never know. no rush thanks.

Latest release updated (FWIW)... Now the number of "watchers" can be seen. Also "Sold" posts reflect the price the item was advertised at (Meaning people can look back).
Plenty of work going on behind the scenes with regards to recent discussions... Please dont think because it;s not posted here that its been ignored.

Hi guys, would anyone likes to sell there whitewater? im urring on a newer machine but i suspect as soon as i pull the trigger a whitewater would appear on the forum :)I know its a long shot and im not really in a rush and i know its harder to get than some titles but if you dont ask you never know. no rush thanks.
I could be talked into selling my whitewater but probably wouldnt be cheap. Still also down in Southern Ireland at the moment. All works but could do with a going over, few cracks here and there but nothing terminal.

waterfall works fine and dome is complete

Back
Top Bottom