What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Roadshow Lock Mod

Found the WIP bits... And checked the code still builds in VS2022.. So far so good.
Need to wire it up to a breadboard again to make sure its all good.. then I can look into connecting it to roadshow and see if it behaves correctly - and look into how it can be mounted etc.
Slight progress :)

Its alive !!

No to look into the power for the LED matrix next. I did actually connect a PSU to them - and then spent 2 hours wondering why it was just showing garbage on the panels.
Tried tying the earth from the PSU to the board and it made no difference. Disconnected the power altogether and off it went.
Still.. progress...

Its alive !!

No to look into the power for the LED matrix next. I did actually connect a PSU to them - and then spent 2 hours wondering why it was just showing garbage on the panels.
Tried tying the earth from the PSU to the board and it made no difference. Disconnected the power altogether and off it went.
Still.. progress...
put me on that bloody list....!!!

I should probably try connecting up the one I made to my roadshow... Still somewhat of a prototype currently.
I could certainly turn it into something I'm sure - but I didn't wanna be stepping on Magiskes toes.
dude that guy is MIA for 10 months, hook up the community!

I'm getting there.
I need to figure out how to hookup some octo couplers so I can have the Lock/Extra ball animation trigger correctly. (Software bits are easy - this electronic tomfoolery is not so).
Then I just need to mount it and connect it up...

I'm getting there.
I need to figure out how to hookup some octo couplers so I can have the Lock/Extra ball animation trigger correctly. (Software bits are easy - this electronic tomfoolery is not so).
Then I just need to mount it and connect it up...
@stumblor may be able to help you with advice on the electronics

Haven't forgotten about this - just haven't had a lot of time of late.
However, I have kinda drawn a schematic with the intention of having a circuit made. And I have used that to fabricate a prototype on vero board. Pretty much need to attach and connect up the connectors, check my (crap) soldering hasnt got any shorts or anything then try it out.

Tried revisiting this again recently. Things are not going well :(
Was having no luck with the prototype board, so I thought I check the LED panels were still behaving..Which they are not :(

Ordered another set thinking maybe the panels are faulty

Not entirely sure whats going on here - but something is certainly amiss :(
1673942267131.png

Actually im not convinced its the software side. I also tried running a couple of the examples for the wee panels and get the same nonsense. Urgh.

Back
Top Bottom