What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Roadshow Lock Mod

DonData

Registered
Alias
DON
Hey Lads

Delighted to be on the site, thanks for the approval.

I've been trying to source this Roadshow lock-mod for a few months with no luck (emails on YT descriptions don't seem to respond). Was wondering if any of you fine people have the contact details of some one who still makes them / has one?

Cheers!

Unfortunately it looks like the guy is no longer with us, online at least. Every profile, contact I’ve found has been inactive for close to a year.

Any other sources? Because I’m considering learning raspberry pie myself just to get this thing.

Just bumping this: still after a few months I’ve not managed to find it - feel like I’ve exhausted all avenues bar this one!

I too am in the same boat. Several messages and email unanswered for inquiry on this mod.

I too am in the same boat. Several messages and email unanswered for inquiry on this mod.

I think at this point we'd be better off learning some rasberry-pi and building it ourselves. Shame

FYI! I am working on a Lock Mod based on the work made by PinballDoctor. In testing stage ATM. Will release code/schematic/BOM when done.
And sales might be coming, if not by me then someone else. It will be cost-optimized!

Last edited:
Haha - I'm the one who made the topic about this mod on the Roadshow owners FB - so tantalizingly close, please sell it to me when you're done!

I'm not huge into mods, but i might be interested depending on price.... In the new year 😂££

FYI! I am working on a Lock Mod based on the work made by PinballDoctor. In testing stage ATM. Will release code/schematic/BOM when done.
And sales might be coming, if not by me then someone else. It will be cost-optimized!
Keep us updated, this was one of the few Playfield affecting mods I was interested in, looks quite cool providing its subtle enough.

With a bit of luck, price point should be around 30€.(Can be much cheaper, but volume ect). It might be "production-ready" by EOY.

Last edited:
Still WIP. But with a bit of luck, I will send for production in 2-3 weeks.
RoadShowDisplayv1.png

RoadPCB1.png
RoadPCB2.png

No, it will need 7-12v from somewhere(backbox or some of the other live components under the playfield that is supplied with 12v) Or 5v through the ESP D1. I am in the process of finding the best/closest point for power!

You have a bridge rectifier there, could you just pull power from a nearby GI bulb? Can't imagine the LED array uses much power.

Fantastic work by the way :)

Thanks. Is it powered from the backbox? And how is it installed(Sticky tape??)
Ok I’ve just had a look at mine. The led block is held in place with double sided foam tape.
It is piggy backed onto the lock lamp and takes power via an adapter cable onto J116.
B3C45DF3-DF9C-4B3D-B306-F88F164F9CEF.jpeg
DA8A3D8D-3E9D-4A96-9C12-37CC6E63C22B.jpeg
66C8318B-FDD4-4C63-A8E0-65B7969F5323.jpeg

No, it will need 7-12v from somewhere(backbox or some of the other live components under the playfield that is supplied with 12v) Or 5v through the ESP D1. I am in the process of finding the best/closest point for power!
Yeah - its going to need something to power that wee dot matrix, but power aside does it activate when the light is flashing and go off (or show something else) when it isnt ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom