What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Revenge from Mars - Newb takes on the Martians

It was very easy for me as I got mine from Davey D on this list. The amplifier already had the cable wired to the card. If know how to make up a connector and crimp it is straightforward. As mine was done it was just a case of unplugging the VGA cable at the PC and at the board then putting the new one in. It makes a noticeable difference - a lot brighter. I am aware of an issue that some RFMs don't have cards that provide the 5v power and an additional cable needs soldering. You might want to message Davey D as he knows more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go on then I'm jumping on the bandwagon again, this is the same plastic that mine has a crack in it, did you find a uk or EU source? I can only find it at mad amusements in the US
Was this where you got yours from?

No problem ;-) Phil from pinball heaven sells them. Super fast delivery too

The cabinet is next. I won't be stripping it down - it needs a touch up.
The rails, legs and lock down bar will be stripped and painted. I've got a quote of £60 for shot blasting and powder coat which seems reasonable so I might go that way.
T molding ordered from here:
http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/categories/Arcade-Parts/T-Molding/

What color are you getting the bits done in? I got mine done in signal red which I think looks loads better than the original black

imgur.com_8fxrHr7.jpg

I'm thinking of going green. That's not an eco statement by the way. Yours is looking very nice. RFM suits the bling. It's a tart of a machine and needs the works !

I did my T-Molding in chrome, but I would love to see somebody do the cab armour in chrome as well. I think that would look smart as!

farm9.staticflickr.com_8893_18052185628_31c9fa0885_b.jpg

This weekend I am sorting out the speaker panel that is rusty and flaking

The speaker panel is easy to remove - security torx tool needed for three nuts, then take out translite and remove three nyloc nuts (fiddly but straightforward). I don't know if all RFMs have rusted and peeling paint but mine does. Paint with nitromors (evil stuff) and scrape paint offuploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160522_1ebf4b79bccc4907a9b441259f266b59.jpg

You can see the rust. Wire brush to remove. The paint clogs in the mesh and is a pain to remove. Jet wash, more nitromors and another wire brushuploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160522_e15b98fa9e83d853c7b520f248ba021a.jpg

The t molding has arrived. The cabinet will be sorted next week most likely

The side rails need removing. Not looking forward to that job. Is it possible to remove side rails without damaging decals ?

Use a hairdryer to warm up the side rails as it softens up the glue. I damaged my siderails taking them off as they are only very thin, so i made some replacements out of slightly thicker galvanised steel

Thanks - I'll give it a go next week. I've got plenty of patience so I'll take it slow. Then I'll buy some new side rails ;-)

I'm thinking of going green. That's not an eco statement by the way. Yours is looking very nice. RFM suits the bling. It's a tart of a machine and needs the works !

Check out mypinballs Dr who thread there's a green RFM hiding in the corner!

I see it :) This is how mine looks at the momentuploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160527_0165a619cf9c6de274f8b0d899cae682.jpg
I've had my orders from the boss who must be obeyed - "put it back together so we can use the room "
The legs, side rails and lock bar have gone for powder coating.
Pics when they return - they could be interesting.

Well, not totally green - I went tasteless and added a bit less taste ;-)uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160601_4f1f6ca597d16c798aaa58830e9dfc6e.jpg

New saucer kit installed. Acrylic rods added saucer holes as a further improvement. The back box and legs just need putting on now and it is done.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160609_563e336b633a8ff1d4c1ba89047af071.jpg

It's done. By no means a minter but much better than the tired old fart I purchased. I changed the colour of legs and rails from that weird green and red to a more tasteful black red splatter. All I need to do is defeat the Martians by playing it nowuploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160623_218051fe89328b40e6350ee1a667d88c.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160623_a4111281c50a3c2c5364c42ac72a1e2a.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160623_575fad5b73522cd91d566558c01ea3ef.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160623_15fed720dcc7df169e13ce98a26d5d02.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160623_57fc8dd5c41be41bc81fc21fa3b3ea31.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160623_19f68fca2bce5f3f94883a290428b623.jpg

At first I didn't like what you were doing with the armour but now seeing the completed game I actually like the mods you've done. Especially those flipper bats with the green superbands. Very nice. Green T-molding makes the game stand out too!

Good job dude, well done! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom