What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland Reveal

I'm impressed with it... Great homage to the 90's machines people like @strobey love and want... It looks better then America Pinball and Home Pins best efforts...

They have the money to do it right, and I really look forward to playing the game!

Never had a issue with Deeproot and find it extremely entertaining the amount of energy people use to bad mouth them

I couldn't give two monkeys about JPOP... He's a great pinball designer and was a terrible CEO and main loads of bad business decisions...

That said if your willing to had over any amount of cash to an unproven business your a mug in my eyes, and your running the risk of losing said cash...

Time to move on and lets see what they do

After what Jpop did (and its way more underhand than just being a 'failed' business) he, and any company that aligns with him can go suck eggs imo. But that's just me.

After what Jpop did (and its way more underhand than just being a 'failed' business) he, and any company that aligns with him can go suck eggs imo. But that's just me.

But the company that has aligned with him have gone out of their way to try to make those that lost money on the whole Zidware venture whole.

I’m intrigued to see what deeproot do. I think that Robert needs to learn a lesson in humility - his bluster is not doing them any favours - but they’re developing machines and not taking any pre-order money to do so.

I think that if it were not for Robert and his inflammatory statements over the years then everyone would be pretty excited by the RAZA reveal.

If they manage to get this to market at a Stern beating price point things could get interesting.

I'm impressed with it... Great homage to the 90's machines people like @strobey love and want... It looks better then America Pinball and Home Pins best efforts...

They have the money to do it right, and I really look forward to playing the game!

Never had a issue with Deeproot and find it extremely entertaining the amount of energy people use to bad mouth them

I couldn't give two monkeys about JPOP... He's a great pinball designer and was a terrible CEO and main loads of bad business decisions...

That said if your willing to had over any amount of cash to an unproven business your a mug in my eyes, and your running the risk of losing said cash...

Time to move on and lets see what they do

Hmm- he took people’s money, spent it, then lied in court about it!? NFW do I deal with people like that.

Are you ordering one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One of the big attractions of this title back in 2014 when it was revealed was JPop's amazing artwork. The new cabinet artwork is really dull compared to the original: this is not really "making people whole" because its a completely different product. It may be really good, but only the name is the same

left.JPG

right.JPG

One of the big attractions of this title back in 2014 when it was revealed was JPop's amazing artwork. The new cabinet artwork is really dull compared to the original: this is not really "making people whole" because its a completely different product. It may be really good, but only the name is the same

View attachment 97077

View attachment 97078

Apparently the reveal today is of a prototype without the final art and not even in the deeproot cabinet, and as far as I’m aware all RAZA slots had been taken well before the time Jpop brought that empty cab to expo.

Either way, if I was a Zidware customer I’d be thankful to get something instead of nothing. I’m not defending Jpop’s business practices here, nor do I think that hiring him was a particularly smart move - I’m just pointing out that deeproot have committed to get the people who lost out in the whole Zidware debacle a machine, and when they missed their original launch date they provided refunds to Zidware customers who didn’t want to continue waiting.

Having just stripped down and tarted up my cyclone today. This reminds me a lot of that. Pretty much an updated version of it.

Looks really great.

People still use Amazon nowadays so I don't think most people would care about Deep roots previous business practices

Apparently the reveal today is of a prototype without the final art and not even in the deeproot cabinet, and as far as I’m aware all RAZA slots had been taken well before the time Jpop brought that empty cab to expo.

Either way, if I was a Zidware customer I’d be thankful to get something instead of nothing. I’m not defending Jpop’s business practices here, nor do I think that hiring him was a particularly smart move - I’m just pointing out that deeproot have committed to get the people who lost out in the whole Zidware debacle a machine, and when they missed their original launch date they provided refunds to Zidware customers who didn’t want to continue waiting.

so over a year late and still not finished! insane!

Had never heard of Deeproot or did I know a JPOP from a lollipop. For others in a similar position the video below is a great watch to bring you up to speed on what seems like a very sordid history:

Click Me

Never thought I would see this happen, looks very nice though... Does anyone know if they plan to do anything with Magic Girl as well? JPOP was an incredible designer and there isn't a single game of his that I don't love but he's upset a hell of a lot of people in the past

I'm impressed already, even though it's clearly a prototype with placeholder artwork and 3d printed "toys" rather than injection moulded. I love the screen with it being ultra-widescreen I think it will allow you to better keep your eyes on the playfield rather than watching what's playing on a massive screen (looking at you JJP). I hope that DP are able to get some valuable feedback on how the game plays with the prototype and look forward to seeing the true innovations in playfield and cabinet design next year.

d9fe9369cbf53e42e2671cfdd86c5a91346c18c0-jpeg-jpg.97082

I see in the interview that JPOP mentions that he had to create a new platform and it was a major hassle. Sounds easy to me if you get someone else to do it and refuse to pay for the goods! Are they still using Jim's system do we know?

I see in the interview that JPOP mentions that he had to create a new platform and it was a major hassle. Sounds easy to me if you get someone else to do it and refuse to pay for the goods! Are they still using Jim's system do we know?
I recall from reading back on the DR thread on pinside that, while mypinballs/applejuice got screwed around, he was compensated. I would imagine that Jim has some sort of NDA signed that he won't discuss it. Zidware was poorly ran and that's cast a shadow over Deeproot but they aren't operating a ponzi scheme where new orders are just to raise funds to ship out for the pre-orders etc. I think Robert has a passion and they are investing a ton of money (not ours). I'm not stupid enough to pre-order but it certainly looks like one of the more exciting pinball machines in quite some time.

He is a great game designer - true
He is a crap business man - true
This looks a great playfield - true
This idea has been knocking around for years - true

Let's just see what the company comes out with, would be great to see Magic Girl made (and finished).

The artwork could be different as the original artist never got paid? (this is a guess not fact).

Very interested to see the board set and OS they are using. Let's face it - they have built it up to be a 'game changer' but looking at the video this could all be done on a small board computer and some P-ROC style boards.

Happy to sit tight and see what comes out the other end.

Is it a big deal if the "brains" are something as simple as a RaspberryPi? If it works then it works. Nobody really needs to build from scratch a dedicated MPU to build a pinball machine. With regards to the board set it would be nice if DR followed HomePin by using through hole components where possible. It'll be nice to be owner/operator repairable rather than scrapping and having to get whole other Node board for example like on the new Sterns.

Is it a big deal if the "brains" are something as simple as a RaspberryPi? If it works then it works. Nobody really needs to build from scratch a dedicated MPU to build a pinball machine. With regards to the board set it would be nice if DR followed HomePin by using through hole components where possible. It'll be nice to be owner/operator repairable rather than scrapping and having to get whole other Node board for example like on the new Sterns.
Plus one to that.
Home PIn get a lot of stick ! but at least you can repair the stuff...

Back
Top Bottom