What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland Reveal

Playfield looks far too close to Cyclone for my taste if I'm honest. Not a bloody thing wrong with Cyclone so didn't really need a do-over of it...

But more the merrier when it comes to games.

I'm sure it will be beagle/pi based.

Screen size looks same as the remakes which I think is a great size and works well.

I like the look of that, never played Cyclone so not a problem for me. Would be great next to my CV especially if it’s under £5k NIB!
Artwork could be better on cab though, bit plain. Wouldn’t put me off it though.

I like the look of that, never played Cyclone so not a problem for me. Would be great next to my CV especially if it’s under £5k NIB!
Artwork could be better on cab though, bit plain. Wouldn’t put me off it though.
Theres an interview in TWIP where they explain that the artwork on the cab is placeholder, in fact the entire cabinet shape is not representative of the final version and there are placeholder elements on the playfield too.

If they do manage to get it under the price of a stern pro I can't see it being by much, at least not here. I can't see it being 5k! We can live in ( deluded ) hope though :D .

I think it’ll be tough to sell for much less than a Pro (although I hope they do) but what they are hinting at is a lot more bang for you buck. None of this holding back key mechs and toys for the Premium/LE versions. *looks at the static Rex in the Stern JPPro*

Regarding price, bare in mind it comes with a 10 year playfield warranty :rofl:. Can't wait for the hammer test!

Robert Mueller (Deeproot Pinball):

"All the Stern, JJP and Spooky machines I have purchased were sold in a defective and unacceptable condition. While I am appreciative of Chuck’s desire to keep trying to improve, Stern and JJP should be held liable for their reckless refusal to properly engineer their products to expected customer use. Pinball purchasers deserve better. And they will finally have deeproot on their side when we launch with an unprecedented 10 year warranty on PF wear and tear (which includes dimples). And yes, I will be using a #hammer live at launch."

Could they have done a crapper video 😂 couldn't see a thing and they didn't hit a single shot.
The ramp returns do look pretty high from the playfield.
The more you see it, the more it does look like a Cyclone remake.
From what I've gathered is the price will be about the same as a pro or slightly higher. But in terms of toys, will be much better value than a pro.
I'm sure if they stuck it next to a Black knight Pro then it will look action packed.

The scoring looks really interesting. Think it could have the lowest high score ever in pinball. Put American pinball to same.

Could they have done a crapper video 😂 couldn't see a thing and they didn't hit a single shot.

Yeah, Even I'm not that bad and I'm a crap player!

The more you see it, the more it does look like a Cyclone remake.

I didn't spot the ferris wheel until the video, same place as a Cyclone too. Similar-ish positions on the Cyclone ramps.

I like the use of a Magna-Save and the PZ style Captain B-Zarr follow-the-ball-head. Not a fan of the cabinet art but I loved the use of colour and the playfield artwork looks good.

So overall, if they can give the 10 years guarantee on the playfield and the after sales support is there Deeproot may well make it. Only time will tell I 'spose.

I couldn't watch that video it was making my teeth itch.

@Neil McRae - the screen is much wider than on the remakes, but china will make a screen to any size you want for about $100-$140 retail, so I guess if you ordered a few hundred the price goes right down.

One thing I would say is that the speaker system must suffer quality wise as the drivers look very small.

Overall - it does look like other 'bits' from other games over the years put into one playfield. Very cyclone and @PBrookfield said! But is it original and a game changer yet? Do not think so from what I have seen.

I also thought it would have 12 magnets on it being a jpop design :)

Do not get me wrong - I think it looks good. But its not impressed me anymore than anything else that has come out recently.

Looks very weak playing and can’t see how you can make that right ramp, maybe it’s supposed to come down it only from above somehow😆

All I feel when I look at this is disappointed, I don't get what Deeproot are playing at. The promises and boasts they made!

To me this pin looks a lot less exciting to play than my TWD. To me this pin is a lot-lot-lot less exciting than my AC/DC.

It was supposed to change the pinball world.

Add to that the horrible history behind this pin - though if Deeproot do actually "make whole" the Zidware customers then Wow and well done for them.

deeproot ****show keeps on rollin'

who are the 5 suckers^wbuyers ? have you done the right thing and cancelled?

years and millions invested for less than 150 orders :rofl: pinball is easy

Dear RAZA Customer:

First, thank you for your business and decision to buy in to an amazing machine we spent years designing to bring out the best of Popadiuk’s original theme and layout. As I am writing this email, I am aware of the weight of accountability in fulfilling orders of quality machines as soon as possible. I am providing the below update as a matter of goodwill and transparency, knowing that it will be unfortunately posted online or misreported by podcasts (plural), twisted in ways where truth, civility, and rationality go to die.

ORDERS
We received orders (paid or goodwill) for ~70 Arcade Editions of RAZA, and ~60 Xtra Editions of RAZA. We will round up to 160 total RAZA Games with most of the remaining games available for sale at $8,000USD starting price for the Arcade Edition, and $13,000USD flat fee for the Xtra Edition. More details on timing of that later. After all RAZA games have sold we will publish (for historical purposes - IPDB), the exact game counts.

UL/CE
We were not able to get our machines scheduled into the labs for UL testing or International/CE testing until two weeks ago. So far I understand that most tests have been passed. I understand it can take up to 5 weeks to complete testing and receiving reports and certification. We will not be able to release/ship any games until those are complete.

PARTS
With most vendors going dark for the last two weeks of December and first week of January, we have orders in for about 70% of the BOM. There are three main hiccups:
• Long lead times in general and vendors promising one thing before they get their money, than quickly changing their tune after getting their money is the most prevalent reason for the delayed orders and parts. There have been some great vendors who are exceeding expectations; and we sincerely appreciate their efforts.
• The lockbar we designed as more ergonomically usable is complex with two stamps and several welded reinforcements. The complexity of the design has caused a large number of vendors to pass on it with the cost and time frame we needed it. We finally have two vendors that are willing to do small runs. The problem is getting them into their already full production schedule to arrive asap.
• The lighted side panel prototypes we had for our 2 Xtra editions had some wear/tear and technical issues with frayed wires and sizing. It has taken the last 60+ days working with several vendors to redesign them to be more durable and allow spacing for leg protectors or cup holders, etc.

PRODUCTION
We have the first lines ready to go and will proceed in prepping what we can while waiting on parts and certification. Since there are tiered production stations the ones that can produce deliverables will start in the next few weeks. I made the decision not to show production lines or illusory and deceptive pictures of parts or lines or cabinets for many obvious reasons. The only thing that matters is you getting your brand new RAZA on your doorstep in working condition as soon as possible. That is a picture that will actually mean something. We fully look forward to seeing your delivery pics and unboxing videos posted or tagged to one or more of our social media pages.

ADDITIONAL STREAMS
We have received lots of requests for additional video coverage or streaming. We finally got all the cameras for our internal rig. But (and being completely honest) I have requested that they be delayed for now. Our creative team is working hard on other projects and deadlines. I feel that since orders are over, adding additional content in the short term is moot.

EXPECTATIONS
Disappointing news may still have a bright side. We expect to receive parts through the first week of March at this point with the first RAZAs leaving mid-March. The certifications for UL/CE should also be done around the time. While that may sound disappointing to wait another couple of weeks for games, there is a bright side. Since the run of RAZA machines is limited, we should be done much quicker than our anticipated and originally announced time of 3.5-4 months.

We have had some of you contact us about jumping the line. It doesn’t make any sense at this point. You and other customers will be playing RAZA sooner than you think.

NEXT COMMUNICATION
I plan to update customers again by the end of February. Thank you again for your trust and business. Thank you for your patience. We look forward to exceeding expectations and we are grateful for you allowing us a chance to do so. If you have any questions, please contact us at contact@deeprootpinball.com or by visiting the website. Best! -Robert J. Mueller

deeproot ****show keeps on rollin'

who are the 5 suckers^wbuyers ? have you done the right thing and cancelled?

years and millions invested for less than 150 orders :rofl: pinball is easy

This is really simply buying more time. It seems to be the same kind of excuses all over again. Supply chain for parts should of been sorted months ago.

Reference the lockdown bar - if it can not be produced at a decent cost and ease then this is utterly mad. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

AS MUCH as I would like to play a Deeproot game, and yes - I would love to own a Magic Girl (especially one that fully works!) - this confirms to me that it is going to drag on again - and will be the subject of many more pinball podcasts.

Out of all the 'new' pinball manufacturers I would say the only one I think is doing well - @Haggis Pinball - they just get on with it on a small scale in the background probably laughing at all of these others having a go. Without $100.000s worth of investments.

Some very poor business decisions, given they have taken years to even announce the product. why didn’t they hold off a few more months until these issues were all sorted. Credibility takes another nosedive.

It’s a total joke how can you announce a game date when you don’t even have part manufactures on board I suspect the pin bar thing big manufacturer s have zero interest in making 130
even when they have all the parts settings up the production line isn’t going to be easy finding staff getting them trained and tooling up probably take a few weeks but if you have only sold 130 then I suspect you don’t need too many staff
This is just like highway and pinball brothers all over again with the one exception the owner is wealthy but i recon he will be 3-5 million in now with only 130 sales I suspect it won’t be long before he gets fed up and pulls the plug if it does not go in to production in March and it’s deemed a lemon on release then I think they are doomed

This is a bit worrying:-

‘I made the decision not to show production lines or illusory and deceptive pictures of parts or lines or cabinets for many obvious reasons’

Perhaps the staff are building a Raza in their garages at home 😬

This is a bit worrying:-

‘I made the decision not to show production lines or illusory and deceptive pictures of parts or lines or cabinets for many obvious reasons’

Perhaps the staff are building a Raza in their garages at home 😬
You can look at that 2 ways they have either got **** all to show you or don’t want to do it as people just pull it apart
You saw this with highway promises after promises when production will start and the odd pic of an empty factory with a few cabs and playfield s knocking about
The proper pinball manufacture s say nothing you may get the odd hint at what title it maybe then boom launch pics of the production line in full swing and within a week they are good to go

He has blatantly held back the truth in my view - if he had posted these issues before taking orders he’d have about three orders. I pity the distribution channel that are going to have to mop up a ****show of issues.

Back
Top Bottom