What's new

Replacing inserts

To be fair the only time I've encountered cupped inserts is on the old late 70's early 80's games.

I sprayed some clear coat in a can into the lid then used a pipette to drip some clear into the insert. You might need to do a few layers but it should work a treat. :)

I sprayed some clear coat in a can into the lid then used a pipette to drip some clear into the insert. You might need to do a few layers but it should work a treat. :)
What clear did you use ?

i had knackered inserts on my Ramones pin,smacked em out with a socket,smoothed flat with wetndry.Re inserted into playfield after Ramones decal was added to playfield.Then glued in with twopart glue.Not too bad as did it with @replicas who knew what he was doing

You can remove the cupped insert by warming and tapping out with a piece of dowel as close to the size of the insert as possible.
Then using a 180/240 grit sand down until flat then use a even finer grit 800 then 1000 until its as smooth as then buff on a Polish Wheel until you get the shine back on the inserts. Tap the insert back in the playfield until flush then once happy from the underside put a couple of dabs of glue to hold the insert in position.

Back
Top Bottom