What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing inserts

To be fair the only time I've encountered cupped inserts is on the old late 70's early 80's games.

I sprayed some clear coat in a can into the lid then used a pipette to drip some clear into the insert. You might need to do a few layers but it should work a treat. :)

I sprayed some clear coat in a can into the lid then used a pipette to drip some clear into the insert. You might need to do a few layers but it should work a treat. :)
What clear did you use ?

i had knackered inserts on my Ramones pin,smacked em out with a socket,smoothed flat with wetndry.Re inserted into playfield after Ramones decal was added to playfield.Then glued in with twopart glue.Not too bad as did it with @replicas who knew what he was doing

You can remove the cupped insert by warming and tapping out with a piece of dowel as close to the size of the insert as possible.
Then using a 180/240 grit sand down until flat then use a even finer grit 800 then 1000 until its as smooth as then buff on a Polish Wheel until you get the shine back on the inserts. Tap the insert back in the playfield until flush then once happy from the underside put a couple of dabs of glue to hold the insert in position.

Back
Top Bottom