What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Quake Shaker Motor kits (£60 - £75)

Silly question...Spike games have a PCB on the inside left of the cabinet for the shaker to plug in to, what does it plug in to on SAM machines? Other after market shakers for SAM seem to come with a PCB with the kit? I haven't lifted the playfield yet as I need to do some manoeuvring to get the glass off.

Also, do SAM cabinets come with pre-drilled holes for the shaker like Spike do? Couldn't see any looking through the coin door.

I want to put it in my Metallica.

Thanks for mine Sven!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm going to attempt to install mine tonight.....if I have a spare couple of hours. Thanks man!

Thanks for mine Sven, although I have to hand mine over to the wife so she can send to Santa, so don’t get it back until Christmas Day. But at least I know what I am doing Christmas Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for mine Sven, although I have to hand mine over to the wife so she can send to Santa, so don’t get it back until Christmas Day. But at least I know what I am doing Christmas Day.

I could have gift wrapped it had I known...

All fitted, only difficult part was getting the screws in place as they are not magnetic. My trusty grabber, as recommended on here, came in handy to get them in place before tightening.

I also spent 10 minutes looking for the red connector at the back of the cab, before realising it is at the front left :confused:. The brown connector is at the back.

Seems to be well integrated on Metallica. Thanks again :thumbs:

Thanks for mine.

Easiest thing I have ever fitted! Spike. Kiss.

And it's superb - better than any other game I have had one in or maybe it's the shaker?

Tempted to buy another already;)

knew this would take me forever!

First I thought I had the wrong one as my screw holes were in the wrong position
IMG_0167.JPG

After 5 minutes, I realised I just needed to turn it around....

IMG_0168.JPG

Now currently looking for the cable at the front to plug it into. I'm too embarrassed to tell you how long I've been looking.

I don't need any help. Honest.

After 5 minutes, I realised I just needed to turn it around

Ha ha! :rofl:

The red connector on mine was tucked in behind the cable tidy on the inside front left of the cabinet so it wasn't that easy to see, just below the left button. Have a poke around there, I'm sure you will find it.

Yeah. Found it. All hooked up and it's not working.

Is this the right plug in the back box?

IMG_0169.JPG

Inside the cabinet (not the back box) at the back there should be a brown wired connector with nothing attached to it. Find it and attach the black shaker cable to it.

That’s strange as the cointaker one in GB is connected inside left front of the cab.... and that works fine!!!???

FFS!! Found it. It's all sorted. Working a treat.

20 minute job!?!?! Took me an hour and a half!

Next up, the mirror blades! I say four hours for that.....
I have taken 5 hours to do a complete rubber change :oops:

Those screws are a pain in the ass. Easiest thing to do if anyone else is struggling is place the two screws nearest the cabinet in the shaker before lowering it in. Then its a doddle!

Ok folks, now would be a very good time to share your solutions for rattly backglasses/speaker panels....

Disconnect the shaker motor? :D:eek::p

Lol yeah that would work. I ended up turning it down to minimal usage in the settings. Really like the shaker motor effect...to a point. But when the rattling starts it's not good. I don't want to go down the electrical tape around the backglass route on a brand new machine either.

Perhaps your wife is going to fit it to a new pinball machine for your Christmas? :thumbs:

Just found 3 of these in my cupboard and 2 my pinball boards, but how do they go together?

shaker puzzle.jpg

Will these plug directly into a game like Aerosmith or do I need a board?

I think the boards are for interface with b/w machines (would be interested if you don’t need these and would like to sell them !!), however @Sven Normansson should be able to advise :)

Theres an install guide in this thread. Will plug directly into a spike. Use the supplied loom to plug into a sam system. For anything else use the board.

Spike 1 & 2, work with these fine, just plug into board on the left?

Shaker box says SAM/Whitestar

Back
Top Bottom