What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Punny Factory

Saw a little bit on Facebook about this yesterday, isn't it made by the guy that stitched Todd Tuckey up on that book deal a few years ago?

Artwork looks interesting but I'm so distracted by the gray apron, anyone else think it looks massive compared to the rest of the playfield? 😂

Interesting way to do the ramp is that to save on creating a proper vac mould or just a new way to create a ramp? I think Aliens had something similar.

Saw a little bit on Facebook about this yesterday, isn't it made by the guy that stitched Todd Tuckey up on that book deal a few years ago?

Artwork looks interesting but I'm so distracted by the gray apron, anyone else think it looks massive compared to the rest of the playfield? 😂

yeah way to big, not sure why so tall? Maybe making room for a pinBar :D

I think Aliens had something similar.
It's the same guys, well sort of. It's janos and crew, aka team pinball ( ex Highway Pinball employees) building it for the American guy. It has similar construction to Mafia, i.e not a metal ball guide in sight, all layered plastics, star posts and rubbers.

It's the same guys, well sort of. It's janos and crew, aka team pinball ( ex Highway Pinball employees) building it for the American guy. It has similar construction to Mafia, i.e not a metal ball guide in sight, all layered plastics, star posts and rubbers.

Makes sense like no tooling needed so far cheaper to get up and running :)

If I'm reading that right they're only knocking out 112 units in total?! With cash back to 1 out of every 25 buyers in a drawer. Who's doing their business plan, Deep-root or Andy Heighway? If only 2 men building cabs at 10 to 20 per month why not build until demand runs out, incase its a) a good game and demand increases over time (see JJP potc) or b) at 5k there might be alot of interest, (unless itsike Thunderbirds, then don't bother at all). To cap sales at 112 (12 fancy 100 standard) with 2 sales being given back as rewards seems a little....how you say....perplexing....

That's interesting to know. Is it being made in Wales then?

If I'm reading that right they're only knocking out 112 units in total?! With cash back to 1 out of every 25 buyers in a drawer. Who's doing their business plan, Deep-root or Andy Heighway? If only 2 men building cabs at 10 to 20 per month why not build until demand runs out, incase its a) a good game and demand increases over time (see JJP potc) or b) at 5k there might be alot of interest, (unless itsike Thunderbirds, then don't bother at all). To cap sales at 112 (12 fancy 100 standard) with 2 sales being given back as rewards seems a little....how you say....perplexing....
I would imagine it was a similar plan to Mafia. Try and make it exclusive so people buy just out of bragging rights. Although I think they may be a bit ambitious to sell over 100. Especially the le ones if all it is is a different wood finish.

Still looks alright. Always nice to see an original theme

I was bit gutted after seeing their upcoming pin First Class. I work for Royal mail so my mind immediately went to a Postie Theme. But it is an airline theme 😔

I'm waiting for 'Canada Eh'. You really couldn't make this up.

https://www.pinballbuzz.com/canada-eh-pinball/
Erm wow, I must be out of the loop. What on this good earth is all that about?

I feel sorry for Team Pinball. I reckon they are a talented group of friends who actually could do something interesting.

It shows how brilliant Spooky were to get up and going - and so greatl on top of that. Gotta love Spooky.

I think it's high time some people backed off from their overly keen trolling tendencies and actually give some new players a bit of space and see how they go. It truly is depressing to read some comments by people who are probably flat out doing up their shoelaces.....how about just give it a rest for a few seconds ! !

I think it's high time some people backed off from their overly keen trolling tendencies and actually give some new players a bit of space and see how they go. It truly is depressing to read some comments by people who are probably flat out doing up their shoelaces.....how about just give it a rest for a few seconds ! !
Problem is - this is a discussion forum - thats exactly what is gonna happen!!!

Problem is - this is a discussion forum - thats exactly what is gonna happen!!!
[rant] I have no problem at all with "discussion". The line is crossed IMO when I read things like "this looks disgusting/what were they thinking/can't they find a decent (insert any skill here)" etc etc etc when the writer often hasn't even seen a machine! That is NOT discussion - it is just being negative and basically trolling.

This applies across the board to EVERY machine not just Punny Factory or Homepin games but AP, JJP, Stern and others equally and it makes me feel sick in the stomach!

What has the world come to when all we can do is whinge about every tiny detail particularly when most commenting have no clue what it takes to put together a complex product such as a pinball machine. Neil will claim "I'm the customer" - great, the customer is NOT always right and some customers you just don't want - I speak from experience when I say it is simply impossible to please some people no matter what you do. [/rant]

I think Punny Factory looks very colourful, well put together and a lot of fun - FOR THE INTENDED MARKET - it is aimed at kids not adults or buyers that prefer grotesque things such as Walking Dead which, for the record, is my all time most disgusting machine - I have never played it, don't like even standing NEAR it and certainly wouldn't have it in my house! I would only take one for FREE to strip it for parts. My opinion is based on the art alone. A close second is DE TFTC with T2 closely behind. I have zero interest in the gameplay of these machines because the art alone makes me want to throw up!

Pinball is, to me, supposed to be FUN and that includes the art as part of the 'fun' package.

Back
Top Bottom