What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Punny Factory

Yes, I can't stand Pinbot either but it isn't quite as repulsive as the others. I'm just not into horror of any description. Skulls such as many gruesome 'tough stickers' you see some people with, makes my skin crawl!

How can anyone think that this is actually OK? I'll bet there are many sites that would refuse to have this abomination anywhere near their establishment.

😂🤣😅

Wait till you see mine! The whole reason I make the machine is because they never have themes like this. Made for the family usually.

Anyway, you can really talk with that "Satanic" Pan goat topper on Spinal Tap for £500.

1682026719925.png

Last edited:
First of me seeing this, Pukey Factory springs to mind.

Will be interesting to see the sales on this and GTF though, if the Early Learning Centre release sales figures.

I'll get my coat.

Printed internal cabinet.......
Why?

Nice boardset - designed by the TeamPinball guys.
Design by Dave ex-Heighway (Full throttle/Alien).
Got to say I like the lay out. Yes I agree with @Marvello - it does look home brew in a lot of respects - but a high end one - nothing wrong with that, the graphics look good as well.

Would rather own this than a certain other game on this thread.

If the Early Learning Centre release sales figures.

It's a bit of a kop out setting the videos to YouTube kids, that stops any comments on the videos for one.

How do children afford this? They can't, 70% of the adult population from UK couldn't afford one either.

I think this is the last thing a child would see on YT and say Daddy Daddy I need this machine can you buy it. The kids are not into pinball unless the parental guardian is, they'd be "lucky" to know what one is.

it does look home brew in a lot of respects - but a high end one

Yeah just because classic filament 3D print. There's not much else on the game that you could say that apart from the not great LCD gfx, but that can always be thrown aside because you're not looking at that so much when playing.

1682033141763.png

£5500 without ship (pinballAdventures) . Limited 110 units, whatever innit.

Last edited:
@dave - saw a few of his designs back in the Heighway days. He did a load on visual pinball that have never been built. Only a couple of actual whitewoods exist of the Heighway pins as most of the tweaks were done on VP and FP. He is a good designer, I wish Sterrn or another company would give him a go.
You also mention the 3d printing thing. To me it depends on price. If it is a sensible price, £5/6K then 3d printing is fine. When you are talking Stern pro money - then it really is not the way to go. Do what Stern do - use existing toys and customise them.

@dave - saw a few of his designs back in the Heighway days. He did a load on visual pinball that have never been built. Only a couple of actual whitewoods exist of the Heighway pins as most of the tweaks were done on VP and FP. He is a good designer, I wish Sterrn or another company would give him a go.
You also mention the 3d printing thing. To me it depends on price. If it is a sensible price, £5/6K then 3d printing is fine. When you are talking Stern pro money - then it really is not the way to go. Do what Stern do - use existing toys and customise them.

Yeah I don't disagree with Dave there, I would have love to have seen Circes Animal House make production but they went full circle, throttle. I haven't played Alien yet but looks a bit boring, I think that's because slow widebody so I wouldn't say anything until I flipped it.

I was browsing their site for a bit, edited post to include price, it's a very limited run as well, so it's whatever, a collector maybe, or just will be limited to Canadian buyers off the bat and see how they go with the first one.

There's not much on it really, 17 stand up targets, 13" display, runs on Pi. They make a big thing about using C++ which doesn't make that much odds, Pi can easily handle slower python frameworks like MPF.

Edit: It might pay to keep an eye when they start selling that mainboard if you want to make a really basic game, depends how much it is. I am tempted to do a flatbed one day.

Last edited:
This has had a stream now on twitch.

Pretty much as you would expect it to play.

100 might be a high for them to sell since it looks like it is 500dollars less than a pro. But I hope they shift a few for all their hard work.

Be warned tho. The left sling makes a noise that makes you want to go on a killing spree and stab yourself in the ear after about 5mins 😁

Circe was average @dave as Dave S was never allowed to do what he wanted with his designes as Andrew H always thought he knew best.

If someone was to of left him alone it would of been great.

Both of us wanted to carry on with Circe's Animal House (whatever it was called) but someone at a US pinball show advised him Magic based games do not sell........ and do a racing theme!

Both Alien and Full Throttle could of also been brilliant. For some reason A.H. did not want visible switches on his game - so we did the capacitive switchs under the PF - but FT was so fast it rarely triggered all the switches. In the new Alien they have actually improved them.

Dave S could design for Stern. Put him in a room with a good team around him and he would be brilliant.

Circe was average @dave as Dave S was never allowed to do what he wanted with his designes as Andrew H always thought he knew best.

I much preferred the theme and idea over full throttle. When we played FT the ball got stuck twice on plastics from air ball.

Dave S could design for Stern. Put him in a room with a good team around him and he would be brilliant.

Yeah you got no chance, anyone can design for Stern if you're in the clique. Prefer most Bally/Williams over sterns. They are far too much of a grind with 50 minute games.

edit: Don't get me wrong, not all of them are like that but I am just drawn to kidney eaters, tougher quicker games. Tron, IronMan, Star wars can be but some rulesets are just too deep and easy multiballs.

Last edited:
Like the infamous Black Knight 2000 that ending up in a Cornish ditch , folks should be free to do as they will with their pins including tossing off a roof. Asking other to fund it is really on though

This whole thing is a very sad indictment of the attitude of some people in the pinball industry IMO!

Here I sit today wondering how I can justify having 200 shooter rods CNC'd, then nickle plated at a cost of around US$15 each and I see this absolute c-r-a-p!

It takes such a massive amount of work to bring ANY new machine to market regardless of what particular people think of the finished machine.

Some people really need to have a long hard look at their attitude - again, IMO!

Last edited:
This whole thing is a very sad indictment of the attitude of some people in the pinball industry IMO!

Here I sit today wondering how I can justify having 200 shooter rods CNC'd, then nickle plated at a cost of around US$15 each and I see this absolute c-r-a-p!

It takes such a massive amount of work to bring ANY new machine to market regardless of what particular people think of the finished machine.

Some people really need to have a long hard look at their attitude - again, IMO!
So random.

So random.
I'm unsure what you mean?

I'm talking about all the nonsense in this thread about Punny Factory and what people are suggesting they should do with it, including a money drive to fund destroying one. The effort required to build ANY new machine is far greater than almost anyone here could imagine. I made mention of my work today simply being the manufacture of one small, insignificant part of a complex device.

Frankly I find all of the 'destruction' talk childish and disturbing!

Believe me, the owner of 'Pinball Adventures' is no friend of mine for reasons I won't describe further here so I'm not defending him or his product. I am being rather more general about ALL new pinball machines and the attitudes of some people.

Having actually read the gofundme, the operator has been left with essentially a box of lights. Most of the money is to recoup his loss.
I think helps raise awareness that it is not OK to make junk and that after sales is as important.

no one is doubting the effort it takes to build a pinball machine from scratch, Mike.

It’s seems to be the customer support that’s in question here. Obviously we haven’t heard both sides but this one particular customer is making a lot of noise about poor service.

Having actually read the gofundme, the operator has been left with essentially a box of lights. Most of the money is to recoup his loss.
I think helps raise awareness that it is not OK to make junk and that after sales is as important.

I have just read the Gofundme as well and I certainly do not read it the same as you.

The writer says he received a new machine that had a faulty computer and some damage to the playfield. I'm filling in a little here because I certainly don't know the full story but I'm guessing the computer was replaced or repaired and the main gripe seems to now be the playfield damage? A replacement playfield was offered according to the Gofundme page but rejected because it was "too hard for the buyer to swap".

I wouldn't believe Kaneda if he said the sky was blue! I would go outside and check for myself. People who believe anything that person says needs a reality check IMO! So, discounting any 'opinions' or 'information' that came from him, and ONLY going by what is said in the Gofundme by (I assume) the owner of the machine, I see the following:

(1) A new machine was delivered and had problems (not unusual at all).
(2) The computer was repaired or replaced for the machine for it to even be a box of lights, so I'm assuming this was done as the Gofundme does NOT say the machine isn't working.
(3) The machine arrived with playfield damage. I'm assuming during shipping but don't know this?

I would certainly do something about getting the problem sorted out if it was one of my machines BUT I would think the shipping company or transport insurance company is responsible for damage in transit? If there was no insurance during transport who is to blame for this? I can say that every single time I suggest people take out insurance on ANYTHING we ship from $50 PCBs to complete machines they ALWAYS decline - EVERY TIME!

I think there is a lot more to this story than is being told and the Gofundme reads like sour grapes to me, certainly I would ignore anything mentioned by that professional stirrer who thinks he is some sort of 'influencer'.

I also wouldn't put it past certain people in this industry (it IS an industry NOT a hobby as some call it) to have set this entire thing up in order to discredit the pinball company concerned. This has happened to Homepin on more than one occasion. This industry has always been rife with dirty tricks that newcomers would probably not be aware of.

I'm unsure what you mean?
In that, this isn't a problem with your machines or company, but you are seemingly making it your fight. I'd have thought life was short enough already without taking on other people's battles ;)

In that, this isn't a problem with your machines or company, but you are seemingly making it your fight. I'd have thought life was short enough already without taking on other people's battles ;)
Oh, but that's where you only see a very small part of the picture.

Things like this reflect on Homepin and others just as much as the company concerned.

There are some out there that will stick the knife in for the smallest of reasons.

Easy to see that by some responses to talk about Homepin products and my comments on this site.

I'm not defending this company at all - I don't know the full story but I would bet there is a LOT more to it than is being told.

That's why I think the responses to this issue are pretty much over the top and many are likely ignorant of the true story here!

This is the company that couldn't put proper quality control into the printing of a book, and then had huge arguments online with people that complained about all the faults that book had. I bought that book, and when it hadn't arrived a couple of months after it should have, i contacted them and to paraphrase them they said 'tough ****, you'll just have to wait till its delivered, however long that may be'. I had to make a claim through paypal for a refund. It did actually arrive another 6 weeks or so later, but given the abysmally poor quality of it, i think I deserved that refund anyway.

I see their standards of customer service have not really improved. Expecting somebody to swap and populate the playfield of a new machine is not acceptable. It's akin to buying a new car with a faulty engine block. The manufacturer supplies a new one, but says you have to fit it and swap all the parts over from the other engine yourself.

I had no expectations of them succesfully creating a working pinball machine, so i wasn't surprised by this at all.
Unfortunately the gofundme has been taken down it seems. I just went to check what amount it was at, out of curiosity.

This is the company that couldn't put proper quality control into the printing of a book, and then had huge arguments online with people that complained about all the faults that book had. I bought that book, and when it hadn't arrived a couple of months after it should have, i contacted them and to paraphrase them they said 'tough ****, you'll just have to wait till its delivered, however long that may be'. I had to make a claim through paypal for a refund. It did actually arrive another 6 weeks or so later, but given the abysmally poor quality of it, i think I deserved that refund anyway.

I see their standards of customer service have not really improved. Expecting somebody to swap and populate the playfield of a new machine is not acceptable. It's akin to buying a new car with a faulty engine block. The manufacturer supplies a new one, but says you have to fit it and swap all the parts over from the other engine yourself.

I had no expectations of them succesfully creating a working pinball machine, so i wasn't surprised by this at all.
Unfortunately the gofundme has been taken down it seems. I just went to check what amount it was at, out of curiosity.
Complete lies this never happened. Same as the Go fund me story just a bunch of trolls that ruin it for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom