What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Punny Factory

I can see disliking TWD /horror due to images.
T2 comes as a bit of a surprise though. Do you also dislike pinbot etc?
Taste in art really is so subjective.

I can see disliking TWD /horror due to images.
T2 comes as a bit of a surprise though. Do you also dislike pinbot etc?
Taste in art really is so subjective.
Yes, I can't stand Pinbot either but it isn't quite as repulsive as the others. I'm just not into horror of any description. Skulls such as many gruesome 'tough stickers' you see some people with, makes my skin crawl!

How can anyone think that this is actually OK? I'll bet there are many sites that would refuse to have this abomination anywhere near their establishment.

image-1.jpg

I’m more than happy to have the walking dead in my collection.

Funhouse on the other hand will never ever get space due to the artwork.

Similarly I had to sell my IJ as I disliked the back glass so much 😂

Just to clarify with funhouse it’s nothing to do with disliking clowns/circuses. I just hate the artwork.

I owned the walking dead le, and thought it was the ugliest pinball ever made, drab brown. Glad I sold it.
However I like the pro and prem, and may even buy one in the future.
All down to personal taste.

And this is the thing.

So some LOVE TZ. Personally i hate the machine wish a passion... I sold a Wh2o several years ago to get it, and IMO it was the worst pinballing decision i ever made.
Some say the same about TAF....

Whilst i dont have, and dont want a TWD, I can appreciate it and understand why people like that. It's horses for courses...
Thing is - if you ever watched the series, It's actually rated 18+ (Well the first season was). Some people like that sort of thing, some dont.
TWD must have sold well since there's plenty around... so wether individuals like it or not, plenty out there must think that it's "ok" and "acceptable"... else they wouldnt have bought it....

That confirms things though @Homepin - You say that you arent into horror at all - Which completely explains your dislike. That doesnt mean others have to as well... Lots of people i know love horror, and love to be scared, knowing that it's done on purpose to make people jump and get adrenaline pumping.

I think the Walking Dead LE art package looks great and is perfect for the theme. I was chuffed to bits when I got the chance to upgrade from a Premium. It is a horror show after all and the art package should reflect that, it isn't My Little Pony.

The le Is thug ugly nothing to do with theme , it’s just a **** look

Just remember folks when ordering Spinal Tap - any problems “the customer is not always right” !

Just remember folks when ordering Spinal Tap - any problems “the customer is not always right” !
Thanks for your reply Neil - Captain Troll! You are right, the customer is NOT always right and I can back that statement with written fact.

I doubt any or many TAP will make their way to the UK in any case as it is the one country we don't have an agent but please promise me that you will NEVER be a customer of mine Neil for anything we make - I just don't need the grief you would undoubtedly bring. You are my exact descriotin of a horror customer who could never be satisfied. My customers are exceptionally pleased with my products and service and, because we are a small family business, I just don't need or want "every customer'.

This seems to have been forgotten with companies like Homepin and (I'm guessing) Pinball Adventures, we are SMALL and certainly in my case I am very happy to stay small. I have never said I will be bigger or better than any other manufacturer. We run our own race, do things our own ways and have thousands of very happy customers despit what the snide comments by some try to suggest.

I really do see why manufacturers don't make comments on forums - purely because of smart-a.r.s.e responses from some.

Last edited:
I have no problem at all with "discussion". The line is crossed IMO when I read things like "this looks disgusting/what were they thinking/can't they find a decent (insert any skill here)" etc etc etc when the writer often hasn't even seen a machine! That is NOT discussion - it is just being negative and basically trolling.

Walking Dead which, for the record, is my all time most disgusting machine - I have never played it, don't like even standing NEAR it and certainly wouldn't have it in my house! I would only take one for FREE to strip it for parts. My opinion is based on the art alone. A close second is DE TFTC with T2 closely behind. I have zero interest in the gameplay of these machines because the art alone makes me want to throw up!

Umm… ok?

I really do see why manufacturers don't make comments on forums - purely because of smart-a.r.s.e responses from some.
You really have learnt nothing. After the horrible way you talked to us at Daventry and pinside.
Really don't need people like you on here. You are the troll but just can't see it.

please promise me that you will NEVER be a customer of mine Neil
You are my exact descriotin of a horror customer who could never be satisfied

Yeah, if I was a manufacturer I wouldn't want a customer like @Neil McRae either. You know, someone passionate about pinball, spends a fortune on machines, gives repeat business and keeps this industry thriving. Terrible customer.

I can understand Mike's passion and frustrations. This is his personal work and with it being a niche hobby, it'll hurt more. It's not like Apple v Google or Sony v Microsoft.

You get people like Kaneda and wannabes who claim to be pinball through and through but I believe they do more bad than good for the hobby. It's that good old phrase, "If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"

Nobody is being forced to buy anything here. If it's not for you, move along.

Take a deep breath, Mike. Concentrate on Spinal Tap. Once you can reveal more of the machine, approach UK distributors confidentially with your product and you may be able to work something out.

Thanks for your reply Neil - Captain Troll! You are right, the customer is NOT always right and I can back that statement with written fact.

I doubt any or many TAP will make their way to the UK in any case as it is the one country we don't have an agent but please promise me that you will NEVER be a customer of mine Neil for anything we make - I just don't need the grief you would undoubtedly bring. You are my exact descriotin of a horror customer who could never be satisfied. My customers are exceptionally pleased with my products and service and, because we are a small family business, I just don't need or want "every customer'.

This seems to have been forgotten with companies like Homepin and (I'm guessing) Pinball Adventures, we are SMALL and certainly in my case I am very happy to stay small. I have never said I will be bigger or better than any other manufacturer. We run our own race, do things our own ways and have thousands of very happy customers despit what the snide comments by some try to suggest.

LOL sorry mate but you opened the door to that! Customer is always right isn't about being right, its about a mindset. The mindset you are showing means I'd never buy from you; because your mindset about making and selling a product is not what it should be.

Customers are customers, whether easy or difficult and most customers don't want to be difficult as we have better things to do with our time than manage an organisations underperformance.

Cheers,
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I can't stand Pinbot either but it isn't quite as repulsive as the others. I'm just not into horror of any description. Skulls such as many gruesome 'tough stickers' you see some people with, makes my skin crawl!

How can anyone think that this is actually OK? I'll bet there are many sites that would refuse to have this abomination anywhere near their establishment.

image-1.jpg
IMG_4687.JPG

Its my most favourite game - so good I've got two of them!!! Here is a scary photo of me standing next to it LOL :D :D :D :D Mine has the blood armour on it to really get you going!

If I am being honest I can't see this doing very well. Having followed it for years I have enjoyed watching it progress and I hope they sell a few but it is a bit barren. Even if it has 15 stand ups to hit. But their next game certainly sounds a bit more interesting so hopefully this is just a stepping stone to great things.

Back
Top Bottom