What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project DELTA - Pin area - Yet another extension on the house!

That is going to be epic once completed! Makes my spare bedroom big enough for 3 pins look pathetic 😂

Superb when you get the right mix of architect and contractor.

Apart from the set back from weather during the foundations they seem to be flying now :)

Can't wait to see it progress

Is it just me that thinks it looks like the metal frame was just rammed through the roof there? [emoji1787]

ha ha yes it looks like it. but builders actually removed the roof tiles and the joists to make a nice neat hole [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks insane!

Sadly we have very small garden even though house decent size so can't extend like this :(

Seen today, looks like it’s going to be the ********. Good for you mate :)

Fit at least 3x mine in that :)

nothing happened last week. but today the brickies Steve and Chopper started on the build up and Paul the joiner started on the roof.
Kingspan 100mm thick sheets arrived to form the flooring insulation layer. the underfloor heating system arrived too. plan is to get the structure waterproof asap so the flooring system can be laid

ded8324687ce788cfc97feefa724834c.jpg

fd48e1a98a9342daa98bce40eb5ce4fe.jpg

bb72cbd79cbc867bb481d36246d942d6.jpg

71279e23346507ecd24661f7363c858c.jpg

Really enjoying this build thread, had the third and final builder round this morning to start working out prices for my build, one price in, waiting on two others......

You're going to have a superb space there, pinshack envy :) :thumbs:

Chris.

Love seeing the progress on this too, it just looks so massive (I know it may look smaller when it's filled with pins!)

roofers done a day getting the membrane and battens in. so we’re waterproof. lastvrhreee days have been first fix light wiring and water based heating feed. also put in my low voltage wiring.

2d9c3bbd174ab73d4cdf37a15822ff20.jpgbd734a17d106803830a10da5a51e7e61.jpg
25a9bde88a85c582229a6dbc365c369b.jpg
2ba615d6a4eaea4ae01f4ca8180a56b7.jpg
b6a768f997fb83e47a763919b13a857a.jpg

lots of decisions this week regarding lighting and socket positions etc. the mains lighting going to be led panels and down lighters all on wi-fi RF dimmer circuits. the white wires in the pitched roof are low voltage to power the playfields and backglasses i’ll install onto the ceiling. think i’ve got everything covered......hope so as plasterboard goes up next week!

the roof is a bit OTT. 100mm kingspan in between the rafters then 25mm kingspan over the top. thus then covered with a layer of chip board and finally plasterboard. the chipboard provides support for my playfields and backglasses. an expensive way to do it but it gives me total freedom to hang heavy stuff wherever i want

slow progress this week. boarding the roof then plaster boarding over. kingspan insulation. electrician completed first fix of the sockets.

groundsworkers back to dig out for the path area around the building. but as usual heavy rain has created a pond!
0708c16a56d942782bedc660f61874db.jpg

f7c8613f27f29356c51243ae032e11c9.jpg

6e902600623ca784128ca377efb3cf7e.jpg

1a6cc3c9477c0c5f9b0eb43dabeaba06.jpg

a51372d8d8dbf19a3a67b349f21eeb44.jpg

bit of an issue on the flooring. i originally told builder i’d continue the existing amtico through to the new area. this is 5mm. but i’ve since decided to go for more hard wearing wood boards. 15mm. but this means we will have the underfloor heating screed being too thin. the screed guy’s not happy to do it that shallow. probably have to send all the 100mm kingspan back and get something thinner.......

Still watching this tread with great interest, really great to see it come out the ground.

Anyone else have a pinshed with a moat? ;)

Keep the updates coming :thumbs:

No pics this week as it's ****ing down in Yorkshire - has been all week. The boarding out continues, should start plastering later this coming week. One door frame in. The underfloor heating pipes in and screeded over. We've connected the UFH to the boiler and it's gradually warning up. I've had to run my central heating full time in the main house as the UFH system can't talk to my boiler and request 'heat'. Looks like vaillant ebus systems don't talk to anything else.. nor do they support a simple 'demand for heat' switch -ffs - looks like an expensive upgrade to existing vaillant system. So the botch is to just run the heating to keep the boiler and pump going and that feeds the UFH as well.

valiant definitely supports demand for hat Alan well at least the one I had in my previous house did. give them a call maybe?

oh and its ****ing down everywhere :D

valiant definitely supports demand for hat Alan well at least the one I had in my previous house did. give them a call maybe?

oh and its ****ing down everywhere :D

not when you have a wiring control centre vr65 as part of the setup. that now needs upgrading. and their vsmart app only supports ch and hw. it can’t handle a second heating zone for the ufh. vaillant themselves can’t even tell me what i need to upgrade. they’re useless

bit of a ****ter that. Maybe go heat pump A/C unit then ? :)

Back
Top Bottom