Project DELTA - Pin area - Yet another extension on the house!

• Hi Guest,

Want lots of pinball Machines to play in one place??

One low cost price to let you play all of these??

If you Fancy visiting the BIGGEST and BEST Pinball show of 2019 Click Here

(Click the "x" in the top right corner to get rid of this message :D )

Tilt_Birmingham

Registered
Apr 26, 2016
birmingham
Superb when you get the right mix of architect and contractor.

Apart from the set back from weather during the foundations they seem to be flying now :)

Can't wait to see it progress

Reactions: AlanJ

russdx1

Registered
Jul 7, 2018
Bristol
That looks insane!

Sadly we have very small garden even though house decent size so can't extend like this :(

OP
OP
AlanJ

AlanJ

Registered
Dec 27, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire
nothing happened last week. but today the brickies Steve and Chopper started on the build up and Paul the joiner started on the roof.
Kingspan 100mm thick sheets arrived to form the flooring insulation layer. the underfloor heating system arrived too. plan is to get the structure waterproof asap so the flooring system can be laid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taz turbo

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2017
Southport UK
Really enjoying this build thread, had the third and final builder round this morning to start working out prices for my build, one price in, waiting on two others......

You're going to have a superb space there, pinshack envy :) :thumbs:

Chris.

Smraedis

Registered
Oct 17, 2013
Salford
Alias
Steven K
Love seeing the progress on this too, it just looks so massive (I know it may look smaller when it's filled with pins!)

OP
OP
AlanJ

AlanJ

Registered
Dec 27, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire
roofers done a day getting the membrane and battens in. so we’re waterproof. lastvrhreee days have been first fix light wiring and water based heating feed. also put in my low voltage wiring.

lots of decisions this week regarding lighting and socket positions etc. the mains lighting going to be led panels and down lighters all on wi-fi RF dimmer circuits. the white wires in the pitched roof are low voltage to power the playfields and backglasses i’ll install onto the ceiling. think i’ve got everything covered......hope so as plasterboard goes up next week!

the roof is a bit OTT. 100mm kingspan in between the rafters then 25mm kingspan over the top. thus then covered with a layer of chip board and finally plasterboard. the chipboard provides support for my playfields and backglasses. an expensive way to do it but it gives me total freedom to hang heavy stuff wherever i want

OP
OP
AlanJ

AlanJ

Registered
Dec 27, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire
slow progress this week. boarding the roof then plaster boarding over. kingspan insulation. electrician completed first fix of the sockets.

groundsworkers back to dig out for the path area around the building. but as usual heavy rain has created a pond!

bit of an issue on the flooring. i originally told builder i’d continue the existing amtico through to the new area. this is 5mm. but i’ve since decided to go for more hard wearing wood boards. 15mm. but this means we will have the underfloor heating screed being too thin. the screed guy’s not happy to do it that shallow. probably have to send all the 100mm kingspan back and get something thinner.......

taz turbo

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2017
Southport UK
Still watching this tread with great interest, really great to see it come out the ground.

Anyone else have a pinshed with a moat? ;)

Keep the updates coming :thumbs:

OP
OP
AlanJ

AlanJ

Registered
Dec 27, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire
No pics this week as it's ****ing down in Yorkshire - has been all week. The boarding out continues, should start plastering later this coming week. One door frame in. The underfloor heating pipes in and screeded over. We've connected the UFH to the boiler and it's gradually warning up. I've had to run my central heating full time in the main house as the UFH system can't talk to my boiler and request 'heat'. Looks like vaillant ebus systems don't talk to anything else.. nor do they support a simple 'demand for heat' switch -ffs - looks like an expensive upgrade to existing vaillant system. So the botch is to just run the heating to keep the boiler and pump going and that feeds the UFH as well.

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
playpinball.uk
Alias
Neil McRae
valiant definitely supports demand for hat Alan well at least the one I had in my previous house did. give them a call maybe?

oh and its ****ing down everywhere :D

OP
OP
AlanJ

AlanJ

Registered
Dec 27, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire
valiant definitely supports demand for hat Alan well at least the one I had in my previous house did. give them a call maybe?

oh and its ****ing down everywhere :D
not when you have a wiring control centre vr65 as part of the setup. that now needs upgrading. and their vsmart app only supports ch and hw. it can’t handle a second heating zone for the ufh. vaillant themselves can’t even tell me what i need to upgrade. they’re useless

Reactions: Neil McRae