What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Project Apollo - Games/Gym Room Build

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
What are the sps made of ? the general issue with cutting tools is that what is good for wood gets often get blunted by metal and vice versa

If you believe in the biggest ever steam hammer to smash the smallest nut, these are fantastic for destructive duties. They are the noisy criminal's best friend. Whatever lock, gate, chain, physical security is placed in its path should be despatched in seconds. Including your own limbs if you do not show adequate respect ....

https://www.stihl.co.uk/STIHL-Products/Construction-Machinery/0510/Petrol-cut-off-saws.aspx

More realistically for your job, probably a 240v one of these combined with wrecking bars and sledgehammers...

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Power+Tools/d40/Reciprocating+Saws/sd3104

Best of all, get some other c*** to do it. You will end up with a godawful pile of mess.

all wood and filled with insulation. Not got time to find someone to do it for me now and down here it will be a nightmare to find someone that doesn't want stupid money.

How about a time-lapse video of me being a plank creating the destruction.

thanks for that that second one looks good, I'll grab it and see how I get on.

Have you looked into drains ? I was told that if you put a sink in these things you can then put the waste water and the roof run-off into the mains drain. If you don't have a sink in there you may be forced to dig a soakaway for the run-off

Already have a soakaway for the current place and adding another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not having any water/drain/sink in mine

Nowt worse, reminds me of when I knocked down a breeze block wall that had been filled with concrete and re-enforced with steel.

all wood and filled with insulation. Not got time to find someone to do it for me now and down here it will be a nightmare to find someone that doesn't want stupid money.

How about a time-lapse video of me being a plank creating the destruction.

chainsaw will eat them!!!

so I capitulated. The saw really helped and I had a cunning plan to take the whole thing down but:

After taking a couple of the panels out and realising that the roof was made of the same type of panels I decided to phone the pros to take the rest of the building down. The roof weight if it had fallen at the wrong time would likely kill me and I thought of the sadness on pinballinfo of my untimely death and then my poor wife having to deal with you lot in a frenzied scrum making random bids for my machines and knowing that she would sell them cheap - I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The thought of my monster bash going for 2K as @Sgt GrizZ tells my wife that the colour dmd devalues it as its not original and that TAF and TZ were worth a lot more was what finally made me pick up the phone*

The pros are going to take it down today. Video tonight :D

So yesterday I started to skip stuff that I'd pulled down.

(* This was a bit of humour :))

yes I've definitely lost a few pounds, and the money it cost to hire the demo guys! LOL

Jonwolf, I was thinking the same - here we go :D

The thought of my monster bash going for 2K as @Sgt GrizZ tells my wife that the colour dmd devalues it as its not original and that TAF and TZ were worth a lot more was what finally made me pick up the phone*

Oi ..... don't drag me into your 'death by shed' scenario . And for your wife's information ..... Monster Bash devalues itself just by being Monster Bash ;):D

so I capitulated. The saw really helped and I had a cunning plan to take the whole thing down but:

After taking a couple of the panels out and realising that the roof was made of the same type of panels I decided to phone the pros to take the rest of the building down. The roof weight if it had fallen at the wrong time would likely kill me and I thought of the sadness on pinballinfo of my untimely death and then my poor wife having to deal with you lot in a frenzied scrum making random bids for my machines and knowing that she would sell them cheap - I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The thought of my monster bash going for 2K as @Sgt GrizZ tells my wife that the colour dmd devalues it as its not original and that TAF and TZ were worth a lot more was what finally made me pick up the phone*

The pros are going to take it down today. Video tonight :D

So yesterday I started to skip stuff that I'd pulled down.

Good plan.

I would have told your wife that TNA is kind of like an EM so worth about a grand tops:D

Fully story later.

The groundwork team have been excellent and have used the excess soil to level my garden at the back so the concrete raft is below the ground level and the ground is more level- will need some turfing on one side but I can live with that. It means that like my old shed it should be step free. Which will be a relief from a wheeling in the machines POV!

Weather looks good for concrete and then a couple of weeks to set a bit and then second week of Feb is cabin build time. Starting to get super excited :)

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken with my 5D mark 4 in b&w mode on EF 11-24mm, haven't actually seen it in the daylight yet! Luckily the wind and rain last night did no damage to the raft apart from a few leaves which I'm not hugely worried about. My cat also has made her mark.

_G3A8427.JPG

Back
Top Bottom