What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powder Coating

Ok - thought i would dig this up...

So - Anyone had any done, or worked out where the cheapest is?

Have just been quoted £10 per item at a place in Birmingham(requested rough prices for 8 legs & a lockdown bar). Stripped and in Black.

Come on - Someone find it cheaper - Dont mind traveling for the Quantity....

Also - is it a While-u-wait thing?? :D

Paul

Ok - thought i would dig this up...

So - Anyone had any done, or worked out where the cheapest is?

Have just been quoted £10 per item at a place in Birmingham(requested rough prices for 8 legs & a lockdown bar). Stripped and in Black.

Come on - Someone find it cheaper - Dont mind traveling for the Quantity....

Also - is it a While-u-wait thing?? :D

Paul

It wasn't a while you wait thing - left my bits with them for a couple of weeks as they slipped them into bigger job runs to reduce the costs [to me]. So I saved on postage too because I dropped off and collected in person.

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/powder-coating.11186/#post-58375

"i recently got some stuff done in black gloss; total cost £60.

Coin door (frame and door)
VUK for AFM
4x legs (also needed sand blasting - didn't do the feet/levellers)
2x rails
1x lock down bar
2x back box hinges.

Close Engineering, about 10miles from me. They seemed quite surprised by the cheapness."
You can see some of it here, although not terribly well due to the photo exposure:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/attack-from-mars-in-yorkshire.6709/page-4#post-76560

I just realised I've linked to an older post from this same thread!

Jenius..

I need another holiday. Ignore my post above.

Where moose bloke?? at that price it's probably worth the drive!
Did they strip as well??!!
Not got the address on me at the moment and im in work. Are you going the party? I am on the sun. I could take em for you and then only one trip up. The ones i took were rusty chrome and he did say hed done some prep work but not sure if they have a sand blaster or chemical strip. We have a blaster in work tho if they needed doing prior.

Back
Top Bottom