What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Attack From Mars (in Yorkshire...)

Be good if they did this for WPC&95, cos then I could use a cheap-ish stereo amp and one of the many pairs of hifi speakers I seem to have lying around.

I know using a powered sub hooked up to the standard sub in the cab works well. I tried it myself with a sony sub using croc clips and it gave plenty of extra BOOM.

Hey Rus does your wife give you a hard time about your pinball hobby ?
She's popping up more and more lately.

Like it.
But that will only make her more determined to kick your **** and get her name on all your machines.
Tread carefully.

Hahhahaha. Then take the glass off to get your old score back?

Never!

I got em all set-up to reset the high score table as:

Champ: 5,000,000
1) 4,000,000
2) 3,000,000
3) 2,000,000
4) 1,000,000

That way i really should get on the board quite quickly, even with glass in the way ;)

It's also nice to reset the scores when people come round to play em, especially kids. And by kids I mean people of my own age. My high scores aren't good enough to record for posterity, but the skills/strategies I've leant in the process should be repeatable and new high (possibly ****ter) scores will eventually follow...

Like it.
But that will only make her more determined to kick your **** and get her name on all your machines.
Tread carefully.

Outlanes at the max, tilt bob super sensitive, dodgy playfield angle that drains constantly will help..:rofl:

A free evening so some more progress. Doubtful I'll have it done for Saturday as hoped, but nevermind - there are 3 other games to play.

image.jpg

UFO pinball hallway lights being held on with pegs to stick the pads as firmly as possible...
image.jpg

Still loads of getting to be done. In/outlane rail is too high and needs knocking in further. The plunger solenoid is right either - these Mirco playfields require quite a bit of adjustment!
image.jpg

What's the white sheet on the playfield, @Monkeyboypaul? Is it a playfield protector before the protective cover is peeled off?
That's exactly right. Overkill for a new playfield, but I've seen quite a few Mirco's beat to **** around the inserts, so I figured this would keep it nice underneath. I put one on my Addam's Family as I was stripping it down anyway and it's great!

Can't wait to see the finished game. Those Flipper Fidelity speakers are fantastic too. I have them in my Tron and the bass the comes from the sub shakes the machine almost as much as the shaker itself.

The glass rattling in the channels is a bit of a p*sser, but I eventually opted to install some thicker UK spec glass and it elimated it completely.
I know it is probably a bit late now, but instead of replacing the glass, you can just put insulating tape on the sides of the glass to help absorb the rattles.

I know it is probably a bit late now, but instead of replacing the glass, you can just put insulating tape on the sides of the glass to help absorb the rattles.

I did try that at first but then there's ugly bits of tape on the edges and when you remove/replace the tape after it wrinkles because you had the glass out a few times you have sticky glass edges where the glue from the tape rubs off.

Y'know, I would have probably left it that way, but on Christmas eve 2011 I smashed it whilst being a c*ck so bought the thicker UK spec stuff from Phil at PH.

That's exactly right. Overkill for a new playfield, but I've seen quite a few Mirco's beat to **** around the inserts, so I figured this would keep it nice underneath. I put one on my Addam's Family as I was stripping it down anyway and it's great!
I reckon a brand new playfield is the perfect time to fit an overlay!

I did try that at first but then there's ugly bits of tape on the edges and when you remove/replace the tape after it wrinkles because you had the glass out a few times you have sticky glass edges where the glue from the tape rubs off.

Y'know, I would have probably left it that way, but on Christmas eve 2011 I smashed it whilst being a c*ck so bought the thicker UK spec stuff from Phil at PH.
That is good to know about the potential issue with the sticky edges, also another very good excuse to upgrade the glass (by breaking the old one ;)).

I agree that there's no such thing as a "keeper"
But people keep telling me there is, thought you might be one. Glad to know you are in agreement on the subject.

Is it one of those uber shiny overlays?

I always wondered if they add ball spin like a heavily clearcoated playfield can?

What's wrong with this picture?

IMG_0912.JPG

Answer: I've lost the connector and cables in the top left corner at some point...

They connect to the 2 green targets and have nothing to do with the 3 bank motor switches, which they just happen to be connected to with ties. i think it got chucked out!

Anyone know what you call one of those 3 pin male connectors (top left)?

I phoned Google and found this: http://www.vetco.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6855, but it's in the US.

Might try Andy @ PMania.

Need to reconstruct this small cable assembly. Proper fcuked off a myself!

It's going well otherwise...

hi,,i could invisibly repair the old playfield and you could sell it on if you want,,i matched dave duttons afm playfield colours really well..i have a link on 1stoppinball if you want to see some before and afters ?.........chris

hi,,i could invisibly repair the old playfield and you could sell it on if you want,,i matched dave duttons afm playfield colours really well..i have a link on 1stoppinball if you want to see some before and afters ?.........chris

Thanks for the note, your work looks good!

Don't think i'm in the market for a touch-up right now, especially with Christmas expenses on the horizon, but if i am then i'll email or come and grab you at one of Dave's Northern league meets (i think we met in his kitchen at the last one).

I have 2 other original AFM Playfields to sort out at some point - only 1 needs a paint touch-up though.
photo.JPG

Back
Top Bottom