What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Popeye

I like this, the guys that like popeye inspire me to invest in one and the guys that don't hopefully are keeping the general market price low... (although my keenness will probably undo that):hmm:

image.jpg
I've had my Popeye on site for 6 months since I bought it and it's made £471 in that time (I get 50% of that as I split the takings with the venue owner). I doubt any of the regulars that play it have read the reviews online and play it purely on its merits.

Personally, I find it a much harder game to complete than my STTNG or JD. To complete it you need to start multiball, save 5 animals, collect item multiball and defeat (not just start) all 4 evil Bluto corporations (modes), then and only then do you hit all 5 lit spinach cans! If you can do all that you get the Olive Oyl purse and some pretty cool animation. I've owned the game for six months but only completed it twice. How many of you out there have actually completed a Popeye?

Last edited:
View attachment 17517 I've had my Popeye on site for 6 months since I bought it and it's made £471 in that time (I get 50% of that as I split the takings with the venue owner). I doubt any of the regulars that play it have read the reviews online and play it purely on its merits.

Personally, I find it a much harder game to complete than my STTNG or JD. To complete it you need to start multiball, save 5 animals, collect item multiball and defeat (not just start) all 4 evil Bluto corporations (modes), then and only then do you hit all 5 lit spinach cans! If you can do all that you get the Olive Oyl purse and some pretty cool animation. I've owned the game for six months but only completed it twice. How many of you out there have actually completed a Popeye?

I found it the hardest game to complete out of all of the 90s games I have ever owned. In fact.... I never quite made it! That is one of the reasons I like it so much. It's a solid challenge.

I found it the hardest game to complete out of all of the 90s games I have ever owned. In fact.... I never quite made it! That is one of the reasons I like it so much. It's a solid challenge.

I have rescued Olive 3 times I believe. Just sayin ;)

The animations are fantastic - giant mutant Bluto and Popeye slugging it out over the town :thumbs:

It had the flat plastic Bluto head and was missing the silver cleats from the bow, which has also turned to a butterscotch colour. I got mine in Dec 14 from York off eBay as fully working. I then had to replace the trough boards, left flipper button board and 5v rectifier. Oh, and the left animal diverter assembly was completely unsecured so although it moved it didn't divert the ball. But other than that it was fully working!
Hey this one on ebay has flat Bluto and no cleats! Recon it's the same one @rowansalger1973 ?

Flat Bluto head, missing cleats on the bow of Popeye's Ark, black lightning bolt on the flippers and blue legs mean it almost certainly is the same one.

Last edited:
I thought it was an after market fix for those whinging about his head blocking visibility

I'm not sure that 'after-market' is quite right; In this country Deith Leisure handed out the flat screened plastics (on exchange, if I recall) to replace the moulded heads. A pity, because I liked the flashbulb placed in Bluto's nose.

Last edited:
:rofl:got to love the Searg :thumbs:

Been away from my pins for 6 weeks. My go to game on return was Popeye :D Getting those spinach multipliers lined up to double the Jackpot, meanwhile ensuring I start the tough 'Never Green Logging' Bluto mode before the multiball to ensure I save those trees ! Or maybe start the Sea Hag Item multiball first. Decisions decisions, all whilst sipping my favourite cold beverage. Damn I've missed you Popeye ! :D

Been away from my pins for 6 weeks. My go to game on return was Popeye :D Getting those spinach multipliers lined up to double the Jackpot, meanwhile ensuring I start the tough 'Never Green Logging' Bluto mode before the multiball to ensure I save those trees ! Or maybe start the Sea Hag Item multiball first. Decisions decisions, all whilst sipping my favourite cold beverage. Damn I've missed you Popeye ! :D

Hell yeah!! :clap:

That one on ebay looks *rough*. The Super Animal lamp plastic is snapped on the upper playfield. The upper playfield 'window' looks scratched to hell too. The lower flippers appear to have been marker penned ?? Who knows what other issues lurk.

Agree doesn't look a great example to even my untrained eyes..lol

It's go quite bad cabinet fade..

Last edited:
image.jpg
That one on ebay looks *rough*. The Super Animal lamp plastic is snapped on the upper playfield. The upper playfield 'window' looks scratched to hell too. The lower flippers appear to have been marker penned ?? Who knows what other issues lurk.

Any idea what happened to the reclining deer that's smoking a pipe and looking at the Playdoe magazine centrefold? In the eBay pic it's a mess!

Back
Top Bottom