What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planning application costs (in south west)

One thing I have learned is if I was to do this again I’d do the initial drawings / submission my self, as I found a few other planning applications just round the corner from me all very basic hand drawn sketches for big extensions all approved. So just goes to show you dint need no fancy drawings for that stage :)

But can’t escape the builders drawings and structural engineer drawings. But deffo save a fair whack doing the first bit your self :)

I think all in it was
2.5k planning / builders drawings / application
750 structural engineer
359 building control

so a fair whack before any work has even started.

Hi, assuming that was all paperwork costs. What were the costs of the actual conversion?

Cheers,

Scott

Moving gas £700
Moving electric £900
x2 good quality electric insulated sectional garage doors £3000
Builder £38500 (includes extending our porch at same time)

So all in was a fair whack probably cheaper just to buy a new house with a double garage lol. But everything else about the house as in the location and house it self is perfect so did not really want to move. Plus can’t be dealing with the moving house stress (both times has not gone smoothly for us)

Brick work upto damp layer is up now, will post some more photos once floor concrete has been poured :)

One thing I have learned is if I was to do this again I’d do the initial drawings / submission my self, as I found a few other planning applications just round the corner from me all very basic hand drawn sketches for big extensions all approved. So just goes to show you dint need no fancy drawings for that stage :)

But can’t escape the builders drawings and structural engineer drawings. But deffo save a fair whack doing the first bit your self :)

I think all in it was
2.5k planning / builders drawings / application
750 structural engineer
359 building control

so a fair whack before any work has even started.

wow that 2500 is pricey, I got a planner to do the application but I think I paid £800 or something.

Yeah, if I was ever to do it again I’d definitely do the planning drawings / application submission my self and just pay for the builders drawings / structural engineer. Deffo safe half the costs :D I can get a tape measure out and scribble some lines on a piece of paper :D

I was a little concerned due to the location and the fact it pretty much touches our boundaries and goes towards the road (most are in ppls gardens) we would run into issues but all went very smoothly.

it’s getting there, we have gas / electric move on the 28th/29th which was a nightmare to arrange and the electric involves 3 separate companies to move it on the same day!!!

Yeah, if I was ever to do it again I’d definitely do the planning drawings / application submission my self and just pay for the builders drawings / structural engineer. Deffo safe half the costs :D I can get a tape measure out and scribble some lines on a piece of paper :D

I was a little concerned due to the location and the fact it pretty much touches our boundaries and goes towards the road (most are in ppls gardens) we would run into issues but all went very smoothly.

it’s getting there, we have gas / electric move on the 28th/29th which was a nightmare to arrange and the electric involves 3 separate companies to move it on the same day!!!

If I did that on the pavement near me I would have the Parish Council all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is hammering it down today, poor builder :( as has to dig trench to lay the new gas service line.

Some updates, wall starting to come down :) just waiting for beam before can pull whole thing down :D

Can’t wait to replace that piece of **** garage door with nice new insulated sectional electric doors :)

2D304440-3373-448B-8DEB-E7C94EF38B73.jpeg
E07C73C3-577D-4EF1-8A62-3E07584FAD3F.jpeg
4C7961CB-3D36-40DA-98C5-0D16B0F5B5B5.jpeg
48E9367C-7F53-429D-8E09-C162F88B904E.jpeg
7AF7E0A3-7879-4593-8463-46488862ABCB.jpeg

Attachments

• C2DE68B6-A602-4C0F-BA4D-6C2FE9D15811.jpeg
    C2DE68B6-A602-4C0F-BA4D-6C2FE9D15811.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 5
That looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beams going up as we speak will grab some photos later :)

Left to do
- rear garage door, fire door into house from garage
- fix new sectional electric garage doors
- put down new epoxy resin floor
- tidy up a few bits of lead lining / concrete edge of new porch/extension
- finish porch extension off (move existing front door forward, add window, plaster board out / plaster etc...)
- dig up existing single drive and put down new double bricked drive and add plant bed / palm tree's / mini fence etc...

It's not far off now, whats left is the smaller bit really, all the main work is pretty much done :)

All plastered up :)

Just need the drive done now and the garage doors fitted (bit if a delay) and the epoxy resin floor put down but need doors on first!

Electricians back Thursday to finish up all the sockets / lights.

Hopefully not to much longer :)

AF118E6B-DF1F-40D7-BE59-F279415D8116.jpeg

Are you doing anything with the waste pipe in the middle or are you just having to work around it?

Waiting for plumber to redirect it down the back wall into downstairs toilet :) They will also install a radiator in the back as well .

Back
Top Bottom