What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pins vs Cars

Now updated the original google sheets document so the changes will be reflected in the bookmark you have Dan, all the information should be there now, I just went back through to verify it.

Stern are narrower than Williams so if strapped \ shrinky wrapped heavily they fit into cars like my old 07 focus estate on there side whilst they won't fit right way up . same goes for later gottlieb and bally 6803

I hate to be that one person who p!sses on people's parades, but how is this going to be of any use when so many pins are different sizes? For example, 3 pins I've recently owned - Batman Forever, Lethal Weapon 3, and Terminator 3 all caught me by surprise because they had a bloody great big gun sticking out of the front making them longer than other games.

Don't even get me started on the pain in the **** that is Pinball 2000.

You can get any pin a a Honda CRV 2008 with no probs. You can get a standard sized Stern in a 2009 Golf with the backbox removed, but it's such a tight fit that it risks cab damage (so I would not recommend it). You can also get any pin in what Enterprise Rent A Car classify as their 'Small Van Commercial' which you can rent for £21 a day.

I hate to be that one person who p!sses on people's parades, but how is this going to be of any use when so many pins are different sizes? For example, 3 pins I've recently owned - Batman Forever, Lethal Weapon 3, and Terminator 3 all caught me by surprise because they had a bloody great big gun sticking out of the front making them longer than other games. Don't even get me started on the pain in the **** that is Pinball 2000.

yeah but that's exactly what you're doing. this car database is an awesome resource, i've showed it to loads of folks that were amazed by it, the yanks especially were talking about putting their own one together. the geezer who came by my place last weekend in a Meriva to collect Twister used it and was impressed.

i agree though that maybe Carl can put a flashing red section somewhere with the games that have exceptions on them like guns or the funny backbox of SST/XF, or the funny grips of that crappy one with Sandra Boll_ocks on it. maybe a special page for the few cars that will take a P2000 game?

it's just another resource like Pinpedia and Pinformer and ipdb and PAPA and Ninja and POA and all the sites about coils and roms and manuals and flyers and instructions etc etc etc so the best that all of us can do with it is make sure our own vehicles are in there. Carl, please add my Lamborghini Veneno to the list - it fits an apron and a box of fuses only

gif hypnotoad.gif

Last edited:
How lucky we were in the pre 1985 days when games had around 10 connectors and you took the head off in 5 minutes. Em games just 3 blocks. Got a Mr n Mrs pacman with both backboxes separated in a TR7!

Reactions: JT.
Ok well I might as well add that I managed to squeeze a Rollergames into a Toyota Celica once:

www.toyotareference.com_colors_celica_toyota_celica_00_3P0_02.jpg

It took about an hour to get in and the backbox had to come off, so I wouldn't recommend anybody try it. :p

Sorry to resurrect a thread but need some info.

Going to look at a pin next week and need to know if a gottlieb sys 3 will fit into a 06 VW Polo? Anyone ever fit a pin in one of those. Its not on the list

not sure about that exact car but worth noting that

system 3 cabs are deeper than most others but also narrower so you may find it will go on its side (heavily wrapped of course) rather than straight in. even when I had a focus estate that easily took Williams bally games , a class 1812 had to go on its side to fit in.

It will fit but stick out. I've picked up a pin in a mini once just to prove it can be done.
Just make sure it's not going to rain and you will be fine.

Yeah ill bring some rachet ties and a big roll of cling film with me.

As long as it someway fits I can tie the boot down if needed. Ill bring some big plastic bags from the meat factory where I work they will fit over the bottom of the pin and are good thick plastic

Sorry to be so tony bliar, politically correct about all this.... I am normally a fan of barnstorming type solutions, but care is needed here.

So watch out if you drive a hatchback with the rear tailgate partially open. the exhaust fumes can enter the car. So windows down for plenty of ventilation. Or wear scuba gear. Or gas mask. Or for the most efficient solution, hold your breath for a very long time

Sorry to be so tony bliar, politically correct about all this.... I am normally a fan of barnstorming type solutions, but care is needed here.

So watch out if you drive a hatchback with the rear tailgate partially open. the exhaust fumes can enter the car. So windows down for plenty of ventilation. Or wear scuba gear. Or gas mask. Or for the most efficient solution, hold your breath for a very long time

Oh this isn't my first rodeo. They leak in fast if you're at a stop especially. Both front windows down the whole way and have a good excuse when the police pull you over. I always move 15~16ft lengths of timber etc in my car....probably very illegal now that i think about it

Last edited:

So how do people in convertibles to on ??????? :p

You can fit a standard width Bally/Williams DMD game in a Citroen C5 estate and STILL have a rear seat passenger !

A Blackwater 100 will not fit in a 2013 Audi A6 Estate - the opening is 1/2" too shallow. ****!

6803 cabs are much deeper than normal BUT on the side are narrower than most. had a few in old estate sideways. also a lot easier to de-capitate than a WPC or Stern anyway

Anyone know if a Nissan Qashqai can cope with pins? Went looking at one today but didn't have the tape measure...

Anyone know if a Nissan Qashqai can cope with pins? Went looking at one today but didn't have the tape measure...

Doubt it they can barely cope with hills lol

My dad had one for a couple of months said it was the biggest pile of ****e he's ever had really gutless power wise

I can confirm that you can't even get the backbox in a P1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom