What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pins vs Cars

Took my tape measure around. I think the qashqai is a no (around 70cm in height). Same with the Renault Kadjar

Vauxhall Tiguan and Mazda cx5 look more promising, each with over 80cm of height around boot.

Took my tape measure around. I think the qashqai is a no (around 70cm in height). Same with the Renault Kadjar

Vauxhall Tiguan and Mazda cx5 look more promising, each with over 80cm of height around boot.
Don't forget the depth.

I can confirm that the CX5 works well - used to ferry a Roadshow with ease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried a Skoda Roomster? My olds have one and I have only ever written off two of their cars off, I'm sure they'll lend it to me... from the looks of it, the boot opening is 100.4cm high (from boot floor to top of opening, with 16.5cm from the floor to boot sill) = 83.9cm opening height. The width of the opening is 102.2cm across the bottom. The length of the boot floor with seats folded down is 124.5 (but hoping I can improve on this by pushing passenger seat right forwards. What do you reckon guys, does this sound feasible? Does anyone have the dimensions of a folded Baywatch with the legs removed? Also thought this website could be quite useful... http://www.rica.org.uk/2539

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xc60 will take a B/w pin if you slide the head down the body about 9 inches, no problem. Modern Sterns are very difficult to fit but definately possible as I have moved a Met and a GoT in one

Xc60 will take a B/w pin if you slide the head down the body about 9 inches, no problem. Modern Sterns are very difficult to fit but definately possible as I have moved a Met and a GoT in one
Yeah but if you have to unbolt the head then the car's not worth having. Too much faff.

Thought there was a more comprehensive pin cars thread somewhere but can't find it. Thinking about getting a bigger motor. Must be economical and big (mainly for kids stuff) but also for pinball machines. Any thoughts on Mazda CX5 vs Hyundai SantaFe vs Mercedes E Class Estate vs Mercedes CLS Shooting Brake vs BMW X5 vs Honda CRV vs Land Rover Discovery Sport....??

Thought there was a more comprehensive pin cars thread somewhere but can't find it. Thinking about getting a bigger motor. Must be economical and big (mainly for kids stuff) but also for pinball machines. Any thoughts on Mazda CX5 vs Hyundai SantaFe vs Mercedes E Class Estate vs Mercedes CLS Shooting Brake vs BMW X5 vs Honda CRV vs Land Rover Discovery Sport....??

I own a CX5. Nice car but more importantly it will handle a pinball machine with backbox down.

I own a CX5. Nice car but more importantly it will handle a pinball machine with backbox down.

CX5 is currently top of my list. Not driven one or even looked at one in person yet though. So good to know it will take a pin :)

Same here I opted for the cx5. No regrets. Pretty zippy car, decent spec. My only minor gripe was that it doesn't come with android auto. It is possible to hack it on though, and they are planning an update to officially retro fit it

sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone tried a renault kadjar? i should be picking up a stern tomorrow (24) and im trying to figure out if it will fit in the kadjar? length and width look like they will be ok but not sure if the height is quiet enough. The machine should be 27" tall on its side so should fit on its side but would rather not do it that way if it can be avoided

J11 Qashqai (2013 - 2021) will fit a modern stern with back box removed. Back box should then fit to the side but pillows & care would be needed to protect everything .
….this is all theory, could someone please test & confirm please 😉👊

Back
Top Bottom