What's new

Cars for pins (yes, yet again!) - need help!

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
The old database for Pins vs Cars is a little out of date on the google group, I have enclosed a pdf copy should anyone wish to take a look...

I need to buy a new vehicle. I do not want to go down van route again. I also do not do as many miles as I used to, so engine size is not that important.

Do not mind removing the 'quick release' seats but do not want to unbolt seats.

I will be carrying Stern, Bally Williams and maybe the odd Jersey Jack in the next few months. I do not want to be removing heads or sliding them down.

Honda Jazz keeps getting mentioned on here and other groups.

Anyone have the Ford Focus estate? Previously had a PT Crusier which was excellent for moving pins, but nothing newer than an 07 is on ebay.

If you were spending up to £4,000 what would you buy?

Advice is welcomed - along with the usual mickey taking.

Attachments

• PINSvsCARS - PINSvsCARS.pdf
    80.6 KB · Views: 19
My Jazz (09 plate with less than 40,000 miles on the clock) cost just over £4k and has transported many pins already (Sterns, B/W and a WoZ). It's a boring car to drive but for moving pins I couldn't be happier with it. Plenty of space inside the back for a sack trolley too and other bits ans bobs.

To add, it's cheap to run, often get close to 50mpg from it despite it being a petrol engine

just buy a van you have no chance in most modern estate cars yes you can get a pin in a honda jazz but its a reel pain you would not want to do it on a regular basis other option is a people carrier my touran was great for this

I have a focus cmax. 04 plate.
Can fit a pin in only removing 2 of the rear seats meaning that I can have a passenger in the back as well. Low at the rear so don't have to lift the pin in, more just tip it in. Have a piece of chipboard in the back so the pin just slides along that. I can get a pin in and out on my own with no trouble at all. Plenty of room for sack truck and tool box as well.
Absolutely perfect

I had a Mitsubishi Outlander which was good for moving pins, no lip to worry about, could move a pin on my own. Just tip it into and out of the back.

Now my new vehicle can move 5 people and a pin at the same time with loads of room for extras. Only downside is the lifting the pin in and out, but if you've got a car full of passengers then getting the pin is nota problem. Car is a Ford Ranger, if you want to call it a car!

@Carl Spiby maintains an online editable excel sheet with all the cars vs pins details. He's been quiet for a while (good to see you and Gill at 8BF) but I'm sure he'll update and link to the latest file - it's a thing of beauty.

So funny reading this thread .

Got into pins two years ago and had shortly prior to that bought a 5 series estate which I love but despite its size it doesn't fit a pin and had resigned myself to having to change for say an x5 (not as good) . Over that two years I've used Martin loads of times and hired vans several times .

My wife has an 05 c-max. Turns out could have put them all in there!

Only has 30k on clock so she's shortly gonna find out she's gonna have to keep it for ever !

@Carl Spiby maintains an online editable excel sheet with all the cars vs pins details. He's been quiet for a while (good to see you and Gill at 8BF) but I'm sure he'll update and link to the latest file - it's a thing of beauty.

I think its the one that I found on the google group. I did convert the one I found into a PDF and put it in my first post.

If another one exists - can I have a link please! :)

Back
Top Bottom