What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pins in the wild

Four if you count this one

Pinball makers must think its a great theme as both Williams (for pin2000) and heighway intended to make one.

Have 2 and a half ballys in storage. If they weren't co owned they would be LONG gone

The data East is awful , the stern worse . Even gomez can't save such naffness

Just spotted these two in Southend hidden behind a big arcade machine apparently not been used for months and also not for sale. Never seen a playboy, didn’t know they existed
It's not been months, it's been years... I tried to buy them probably around 5 years ago, they wasted my time getting me down there before telling me they didn't want to sell them, crazy.

Just turned up in Spain and my hotel has these beauties. Only played SW and got GC. Scores low and I
left more credits than I started with.

Attachments

• PXL_20231007_140835951.jpg
    PXL_20231007_140835951.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20231007_140824165.jpg
    PXL_20231007_140824165.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 53
Out in Costa teguise Lanzarote and found a dirty godzilla across from, Hotel grand teguise plaza. Its filthy but all working and 3 plays for €2.

Attachments

• 20231007_193600.jpg
    20231007_193600.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20231007_193605.jpg
    20231007_193605.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20231007_195445.jpg
    20231007_195445.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 43
I was in Benidorm in September and these are what I found.
My brother played the Areosmith last year and said it had a fault. Funny he played one when he can play mine when ever he wants.

There were other machine in some bars. Ropey 'No Fear' for example.

The SW in my hotel was an LE. Odd

IMG_9436.jpeg
Spotted in the cafe at the crocky trail a few weeks back, staff said it didn’t work, passed my number on for the owner to ring me. No phone call back.

Brewdog Reading has a AIQ Pro (with a very loose tilt - difficult to get the "Don't shake machine" call out) and a Guardians Pro. Both play well although Groot lock on Guardians has turned virtual.

There used to be an AC/DC Premium there. Was a big fan, had the high score on it too for a while 😀 Thunder!

Anyone know where is best to know where pins are in the wild? There's a map on pinside which I use as a guide but can be a bit out of date.

Anyone know where is best to know where pins are in the wild? There's a map on pinside which I use as a guide but can be a bit out of date.

There are a few but all rely on users to update. This is the most complete and up to date I have found.

I thought I’d post this here, I got to play the latest Fathom “In the Wild”
The snag is that it’s based in Perth WA
It plays lovely, you can choose to play classic rules or new code. New code is great apart from the horrible Aussie accent call outs.
It’s located at a place called Planet Royale in Northbridge. They have 26 pinball machines set up to play, mostly all stern LEs. Best location I have ever been too.
IMG_6109.jpegIMG_6112.jpegIMG_6111.jpeg
IMG_6106.jpegIMG_6105.jpeg

Just had a few games on a GZ Prem in Hong Kong. It’s in the shopping centre that has Monopoly Dreams (yes that’s right a Monopoly themed adventure!) at the Peak opposite Macdonald’s (2nd Floor).

It’s amazing how filthy it is… not sure how in a very clean smoke free space. Played well enough though. Some pics of the playfield for you to wince at:
IMG_1898.jpegIMG_1899.jpeg

That dirty playfield condition is typical of the condition in which I bought around 10 pinball machines when I lived in Hong Kong around 20 years ago. The operators just saw cleaning as optional.

I just saw the dirt as a special sort of playfield protector. Most of my machines had amazing playfields under all the dirt and cleaned up great. And in Hong Kong they didn't move the machines around; once installed they tended to remain in the same place their whole life. So the cabinets were usually great too.

If there are any pinball collectors in HK it looks like there will be some good opportunities for them.

not the most useful post but these are upstairs in Gillys leisure centre arcade in south bay Scarborough.

No idea of condition, didn’t even know they were there until the missus told me after we left and showed me the picture 🙄

Not played a Mandorlorian before, would have fancied a game.

View attachment 226921

Still there. Elvis DMD is dead. Others are working but filthy

IMG_6599.jpeg

Anyone know if there are any pins in Whitby? Heading there for a week over new year. Also- found a JP Premium, WPT and POTC upstairs in HMV Eldon Square, Newcastle. JP not connected with Insider and had an alternative translite- actually looked like the Home Edition until closer inspection. Didn’t stop to play but all look in good working order- Pirates looks decent, never played one before but was in a hurry Xmas shopping IMG_2706.jpeg

Excellent- that’ll do me nicely! Apparently Hot Wheels was in HMV but got swapped out

Was at the arcade in Whitby a few weeks back and kept meaning to share it on here. Addams family wasn't taking money and couldn't be bothered with any of the others after that so can't comment on their condition but they seemed busy the whole time I was in the arcade. They had a nice row of vids upstairs too next to their Bowlingo.

Was at the arcade in Whitby a few weeks back and kept meaning to share it on here. Addams family wasn't taking money and couldn't be bothered with any of the others after that so can't comment on their condition but they seemed busy the whole time I was in the arcade. They had a nice row of vids upstairs too next to their Bowlingo.
They have an arcade tech who comes in every few weeks. He was repairing Addams Family while I was there over the summer. I found a fault with T2 and we had a chat.

All the pins work when the tech has been in, and are in reasonably good condition.

Back
Top Bottom