What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pinmonk order

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Are those fans for Spike games worth having? My Maiden sounded like a Chinook taking off at times.

Are those fans for Spike games worth having? My Maiden sounded like a Chinook taking off at times.
I reckon so. The noise was excessive. Especially if you have more than 1 Spike game (which I don’t).
The PinMonk fans aren’t silent, but much much quieter.

Hi Neil,

Please may I order a ‘quiet’ power supply fan for a Rick and Morty... ( as Kevlar recommends!)

Many thanks,
Steve

Hi Neil any chance there’s still time to add to the list mate? Thanks Jon

yup still time. Waiting on the GNR fans being available which is hopefully next week.

yup still time. Waiting on the GNR fans being available which is hopefully next week.
Awesome could you add 2 x Tibetan flipper fan kits please and a IRON insert bracket for the LE, cheers Neil.

ok folks will be placing the order this week. So please everyone get on the bandwagon by Monday after that we are done.
Alright Neil just checked the spreadsheet, I don’t seem to have a 1 under the arc reactor bracket section but do have a 1 under the IRON. Is Vic now selling them as separate kits, haven’t checked his site in a while and thought the IRON and ARC brackets came together?

Cheers matey,

ok folks will be placing the order this week. So please everyone get on the bandwagon by Monday after that we are done.

Cheers Neil, very kind of you. I'd definitely like the Tibetan Breeze SPIKE 2-Flipper Coil Cooling Kit for Stranger Things and the Spooky/Multimorphic Plug n Play Quiet Fan Kit for R&M so if you could please put me down for one of each for now I'd really appreciate it and can BACS you the cash whenever you need it.

I'm also tempted by the Tibetan Breeze SPOOKY Pin 3-Flipper Cooling Kit for R&M but I haven't really been following the threads on Pinside. Anyone know if it's recommended? I'll have a bit of a browse on pinside this afternoon and let you know for sure by tomorrow.

Ok, I think I’ll wait to see how R&M plays before going for the Tibetan Breeze kit, so please just stick me down for the Tibetan Breeze SPIKE 2-Flipper Coil Cooling Kit for Stranger Things and the Spooky/Multimorphic Plug n Play Quiet Fan Kit for R&M for now please Neil. Cash waiting whenever you want it sent!

Ok Vic is just waiting for the JJP fans to come back as he has had one issue that he wants to be certain is a one off. Not long now. I’ll check the spreadsheet and update today.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alright Neil just checked the spreadsheet, I don’t seem to have a 1 under the arc reactor bracket section but do have a 1 under the IRON. Is Vic now selling them as separate kits, haven’t checked his site in a while and thought the IRON and ARC brackets came together?

Cheers matey,
no they don't so have added an arc bracket for you.

I replaced a couple with ones off ebay for literally a couple of quid. Look at the spec sheet on the fan and check out the dB.
As pointed out it does not make games silent.

In a friends Stern I found a more powerful power supply with the same foot print without a fan. Fan noise eliminated.

Another mod I did making the existing fan run all the time and dropping the voltage to the fan itself - so it runs slower. This costs about 4p to do the mod but I only did it once and didnt take photos on what I did!

Thanks Neil for adding me to the R&M flipper kit, please also add me to spike 2 flipper kit list as discussed ( for AIQ )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom