What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinburgh 2019. The year the Brits take over!

Wizcat

Registered
Alias
Paul G
Seems like a good number of us got through that crazy ticket rush and can now look forward to an epic time in Pittsburgh at the end of July! Hope no one minds me name dropping them here..

Andy Foster
Craig Pullen
Dan Lewell
David Dutton
David Mainwaring
Ian Walmsley
Kirk Sadler
Neil McRae (and Mandy)
Paul Garner (that's me)
Simon Harper (and son)

Some really strong tournament players, so fingers crossed for some good luck now! Anyone else make it?

Last edited:
beat him already last year!

37Neil McRae303,050151

59Keith Elwin147,110129

What game did you play?

Awesome really. What other Sport/Hobby can you play the best player in the world and win??!!

I know it's a single game but just being able to play against the top players in the world is superb?

So even the best players don't know what the fecks going on. Terrible game Dialed in.

Yes I saw you had some challenges with it at round 2 :D I bought the game because I find it hard and it comes up at tournaments in the US a lot and cost me a place in the NYCPC finals.

The rules are quite simple but the shots are tough and the modes timed to be tough:

Soft plunge pick up the skill shot
hit the dood that moves across the play field, start mode by hitting the scoop, hit the flashing shots to finish mode, collect SIM card, rinse repeat... you can also grab Big Bang but overall you score lower if you go that route. But I still struggle with this game.

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who’s going to the Pingolf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Won't be landing in Pittsburgh until 4.45pm so its a no from me. It'll be absolutely rammed anyway!

Won't be landing in Pittsburgh until 4.45pm so its a no from me. It'll be absolutely rammed anyway!

Yeah I heard you’ve booked the slow boat ? :)

Just make sure you get your ticket to get in as booking in on the Thursday is a nightmare if you don’t have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will the Wednesday check in be at the same venue as the event itself or elsewhere? Would probably sort that first before checking in at where I'm staying

Most likely elsewhere. They had it in a restaurant / bar last year (Harris Grill, 4th Ave) and though they haven't announced yet, fair chance they may use the same place.

Last year it was open till 11pm

Previous year it was at kickback cafe and year before that it was at the Omni and westin - hope it isn’t the same place because that couldn’t cope!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just about to send an email off to PAPA to get a 'league' set up, just to make it easier to track each other's progress. I was thinking of naming it 'British Invasion' but suggestions welcome

I notice that @Replay and Max have got a league of their own though, and same with @alchy ... Have you three any objection to being updated to join the 'British Invasion' league? Similarly, if anyone *doesn't* want to be in this league for any reason, just let me know before I send the mail out :)

League affiliation has no real purpose other than making it slightly easier to find your friends amongst the list of hundreds of players

Back
Top Bottom