What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Streaming

It's not always possible to set up or move the rigs in time for the matches. Thats why we use the mobile camera, it's not idea but better than nothing plus its nice to have a different perspective. With the number of matches reducing we will be able to capture more of them. Usual problem of can't please all the people all the time...

Thanks for the explanation. Well played

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No - Johannes won it. After an epic game in BSD where he came back from 0 to 3.5B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, that was something else. I know that I am a bit hardcore when it comes to watching streamed pinball competitions. I’ve never really been into the Deadflip/Buffalo weekly thing, but any major comp that I can’t be at, that is being streamed, I become pretty addicted to viewing (along with a few others here, I know).

As I said before, the last few days the IFPA assembled IMO the most competitive world championship field ever. The qualifying stages were incredibly well covered, but I appreciate for anyone who isn’t super hard core, it’s a little more difficult viewing.

The finals coverage, was incredible. For anyone who is on the fence, have a go at watching the coverage of the final 8. JDL pinball’s coverage was superb. And our main protagonist, the 17 year old maverick, quite simply, played his role perfectly.

The final 10 game match, was the perfect Drama, the perfect climax, it had everything. Watch it, it’s truly captivating. Anyone who doubts the validity of Pinball as a sport, after watching this, well, your watching something very different to me

The only disappointment I have with that final, and it truly was epic, was the last game will be impossible to explain to non-pinheads due to all the difficulties.

I think it's probably the most exciting final game I've ever seen. But the way we were all "is that enough? Does this count now?" about it just makes it impossible to hold up as the perfect example of how great this sport can be at times.

Still. The best man won I think, and can't wait to see him take on some of the other big names and hopefully put them in their place. Astonishingly talented young chap.

Agreed Paul, from a viewing/pitching to ESPN perspective it would have been far better/cleaner for Daniele to finish his 3rd ball on 3 billion and for Johannes to start his final ball on 6 million and watch him chase it down organically.

But from a pinball geek ruling, controversy inducing, drama building perspective, it was perfect 😊

I was extremely impressed with JDL and their coverage - fair play to them - looking forward to what we can achieve in the U.K. with @Neil McRae and his crew giving it a go.

Caught most of it is the stream available offline as want to see the final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can find stream recordings in the video section of JDL_pinball or wait until it's transferred over to his YouTube channel later in the week.

I was extremely impressed with JDL and their coverage - fair play to them - looking forward to what we can achieve in the U.K. with @Neil McRae and his crew giving it a go.

I’ll have my full wireless rig and PTZ camera, more or less the same setup as the backhandpinball guys that streamed at NYCPC and the same setup Karl uses at INDISC so should be good! Also have a proper booth setup with mixing desk and headsets.

50f3ec4725e487da076364508234e92f.jpg

I’ll have my full wireless rig and PTZ camera, more or less the same setup as the backhandpinball guys that streamed at NYCPC and the same setup Karl uses at INDISC so should be good! Also have a proper booth setup with mixing desk and headsets.

50f3ec4725e487da076364508234e92f.jpg

Will you be streaming the qualifying rounds too? Shame we can’t get PDL_pinball in to do the streaming and commentary for us!!!! At least @neilmcrae has all the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those finals were the height of drama! Lots of close games, one tied (how often does that happen, let alone the world finals), the malfunction at the end, superb veiwing and some epic play worthy of winning the title!

Jim, Dina and the guys did a great job with the streaming, which is a full time gig without the fun of playing so kudos! Just please stop banging the table, it was booming out of my speakers at times.

Just finished watching the finals now. That was about as high drama you can get in pinball, highest credit to both players, it was incredible to watch. And that game on Drac was even more tense and epic than me vs @roadshow16 at 8bitflip a couple of years back ;)

And this kid is only 17? Wow, he just plays like a machine and hardly misses a shot. What the hell do you do if you end up with him in your group at Pinburgh? :rofl:

Huge thanks to all involved during the streaming, and was it around 700+ people watching live at once at the peak? If so thats damned impressive!

Shame the rig isn't working today or able to move around or whatever the issue is - as the over shoulder view isn't amazing.

It wasn't always possible, we rarely knew which games were to be played in advance as there was supposed to be 48 machines in the mix - 16 old (EM), 16 mid (SS/early DMD), 16 modern (DMD/LCD) with one of each era drawn at random. It was a case of set up on one game and hope it would be selected. It wasn't possible to move the rig to another game once the rounds started due to 64 players being present around various machines being played in the venue, so as a last resort we used the mobile setup. Once we reached the later stages it was easier, less people playing and more notice on games being played resulting in more matches being streamed properly.

There was a huge amount of behind the scenes effort with moving rigs, covering light fittings, etc in order to try and keep it all going for the viewers. I was up and down the most dodgiest set of ladders half a dozen times sorting the light coverings for the final, with Dina handing me bodge tape whilst balancing on the top of the ladder.

Huge thanks to all involved during the streaming, and was it around 700+ people watching live at once at the peak? If so thats damned impressive!

It was 700+ watching, don't know the final figure. The recording of it has been viewed 3000 times already as everyone is talking about it...!

Agree @Moonraker - the quality improved (from a viewer perspective) greatly once the tournament got deeper and those issues could be addressed, I said in my write up that a huge thanks should go out to the entire team for all their efforts. However, the initial rounds weren't the easiest viewing, I guess we are spoilt with the rigs and the handheld whilst good, just isn't up to the same standards. As an entire event, the coverage was great though.

Just finished watching the finals now. That was about as high drama you can get in pinball, highest credit to both players, it was incredible to watch. And that game on Drac was even more tense and epic than me vs @roadshow16 at 8bitflip a couple of years back ;)

And this kid is only 17? Wow, he just plays like a machine and hardly misses a shot. What the hell do you do if you end up with him in your group at Pinburgh? :rofl:

try for second :) luckily I don't think hes going to pinburgh this year.

However, the initial rounds weren't the easiest viewing, I guess we are spoilt with the rigs and the handheld whilst good, just isn't up to the same standards. As an entire event, the coverage was great though.

The handheld was a last minute idea just thrown in the mix and proved surprisingly successful. Now that we know works JDL are considering either a professional camera or a better HD resolution phone.

I actually thought the handheld was fantastic. Without that we'd have been left just watching commentators chatting in the booth. It also added a real sense of 'being there'. Same with the hall view camera between matches. Just all helped with the atmosphere

Really great coverage by Jim. And Dina never stopped! She was out there reporting on scores and games going on constantly. Superb effort, and some great guest commentators too, not least of which is "UK number 2" Peter. (I genuinely felt for Peter everytime Jim mentioned that :D from ALL of Peter's accomplishments he just became "UK number 2"! ah well!)

Great work

Back
Top Bottom