What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Streaming

Well I’ve watched two world championships and it only really got exciting during the last day IMO.

But if you want to watch the some of the great players take care of the good players then of course tune in earlier, it’s like watching court number 34 during Wimbledon otherwise, what I’m really looking for is the centre court action and that starts on the Sunday when the great players face off each other, unfortunately a lot of the best players haven’t travelled to Italy so next year will be much more of a test when IFPA is held in the US again. We should definitely see Rich on Sunday and hopefully some guy called Peter Blakemore but my money is on an early exit for Peter sadly ;) best of luck to both of you though!

Cheers,
Nell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
There's been some amazing play captured on the stream today. Iron Hand on GOT for example. On dinner break no but play should resume in 30. Mins. Jim and Dina doing a great job as always. Topped 250 viewers.

Jim and Dina need a commentator - they haven’t really mastered that end of it. But the coverage otherwise is great.

I’ll be streaming from about 9:30ish got a grand daughter to put to bed!

Cheers
Neil.

Watched Jim's feed on and off all day, some great pinball being played!

Jim is really standing out front atm as best streamer in Europe!

Watched Jim's feed on and off all day, some great pinball being played!

Jim is really standing out front atm as best streamer in Europe!

And nobody had to sign a form or turn the cameras off! I even saw a game with lightning flippers! LOL

Well I’ve watched two world championships and it only really got exciting during the last day IMO.

But if you want to watch the some of the great players take care of the good players then of course tune in earlier, it’s like watching court number 34 during Wimbledon otherwise, what I’m really looking for is the centre court action and that starts on the Sunday when the great players face off each other, unfortunately a lot of the best players haven’t travelled to Italy so next year will be much more of a test when IFPA is held in the US again. We should definitely see Rich on Sunday and hopefully some guy called Peter Blakemore but my money is on an early exit for Peter sadly ;) best of luck to both of you though!

Cheers,
Nell.

Honestly Neil, you couldn’t be more wrong 😂

This is probably the highest calibre field ever assembled (it’s certainly the highest cut line that I can remember!) I know Keith isn’t there (no passport) and Bowen, but other than that you have pretty much every ex world champion there!

And I mean, people like Zach and Andrei are currently below the cut line (2 ex world champions!)

Some of the matches covered so far have been insane! Johannes, Josh, Raymond and Daniele grouped together! And playing the new Black Knight as well, it’s just awesome. And the last game of the night between Escher, Cayle, Johan and Johannes on Dead Pool, with Johannes chasing down Cayle to beat him with over 400 million!

Just making the cut in a field like this will be an absolute monumental achievement. I’m rooting for you @RuyLopez and @Moonraker, dig deep in those last 2 rounds guys!!

Last edited:

This is probably the highest calibre field ever assembled (it’s certainly the highest cut line that I can remember!) I know Keith isn’t there (no passport) and Bowen, but other than that you have pretty much every ex world champion there!

And I mean, people like Zach and Andrei are currently below the cut line (2 ex world champions!)

Some of the matches covered so far have been insane! Johannes, Josh, Raymond and Daniele grouped together! And playing the new Black Knight as well, it’s just awesome. And the last game of the night between Escher, Cayle, Johan and Johannes on Dead Pool, with Johannes chasing down Cayle to beat him with over 400 million!

Just making the cut in a field like this will be an absolute monumental achievement. I’m rooting for you @RuyLopez and @Moonraker, dig deep in those last 2 rounds guys!!

Well said man!

LOL - I agree on the quality of a lot of the games but not all of them, there where some clangers yesterday also, I was just winding up Peter :D Wait until Sunday...

what world championship has Zach won? Not IFPA or PAPA.

I was watching last night and there were some great games but don't agree with your view on the best line up, without the Goat, Bowen, Eric Stone, Bowden and others its not as good as line up as it could be, the IFPA qualifying system for this sucks as I think there are UK players that aren't there that should be also. Lets see what happens next year!

Good news is my totally wireless rig works so - streaming going to be rocking for the UK Open.

LOL - I agree on the quality of a lot of the games but not all of them, there where some clangers yesterday also, I was just winding up Peter :D Wait until Sunday...

what world championship has Zach won? Not IFPA or PAPA.

I was watching last night and there were some great games but don't agree with your view on the best line up, without the Goat, Bowen, Eric Stone, Bowden and others its not as good as line up as it could be, the IFPA qualifying system for this sucks as I think there are UK players that aren't there that should be also. Lets see what happens next year!

Zach has won the one that we are both attending next month 😊 The Pinburgh Matchplay World Championship, the greatest tournament in the world.

Yep, there are some great players not there, Bowden and Stone are great players, but let’s be clear I’ve made it to more Major final 4’s than them 😂 so perhaps not that good!

https://www.ifpapinball.com/majors/

Obviously because of location, there are always going to be players that don’t travel, be it in Europe or the US, but from my memory this is the strongest field the IFPA WC has ever had.

And from a viewing perspective, I’ll watch any game, as long as Johannes is in the mix, he is a ****ing maverick!

Zach has won the one that we are both attending next month 😊 The Pinburgh Matchplay World Championship, the greatest tournament in the world.

Yep, there are some great players not there, Bowden and Stone are great players, but let’s be clear I’ve made it to more Major final 4’s than them 😂 so perhaps not that good!

https://www.ifpapinball.com/majors/

Obviously because of location, there are always going to be players that don’t travel, be it in Europe or the US, but from my memory this is the strongest field the IFPA WC has ever had.

And from a viewing perspective, I’ll watch any game, as long as Johannes is in the mix, he is a ****ing maverick!

Yes he's very good indeed and that's my point about the quality, you and Andy Foster should be at IFPA...

I don't class Pinburgh as world championships in the same way PAPA or IFPA is, yes its a major tournament but if it was a true world championship crap players like me, Ian and Kirk wouldn't even get in the building.

Cheers,
Neil.

Any links to watch this event?

Shame Keith not playing as he is the GOAT and it's like Messi or Ronaldo not playing for their teams!

ill be watching :)

Did you watch the Italian one? Think it’s still on.

For the UK open will both qualification brackets on the Sunday be streamed with the bottom qualifying lot kicking off at 9am on the Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he's very good indeed and that's my point about the quality, you and Andy Foster should be at IFPA...

I don't class Pinburgh as world championships in the same way PAPA or IFPA is, yes its a major tournament but if it was a true world championship crap players like me, Ian and Kirk wouldn't even get in the building.

Cheers,
Neil.

Phew. Somehow I didn't get included in the list of **** players 😆 :

Truth is - I think a LOT of the big US players that we see on stream frequently are way overrated compared to the big names in Europe that hardly ever make it on to stream. IFPA is a chance to show the world some of the fantastic talent that exists in Europe and there have been some great matches so far.

Cannot wait for Pinburgh this year though

Shame the rig isn't working today or able to move around or whatever the issue is - as the over shoulder view isn't amazing.

Yeah I didn’t hear why they couldn’t use the rig ?

Phew. Somehow I didn't get included in the list of **** players 😆 :

Truth is - I think a LOT of the big US players that we see on stream frequently are way overrated compared to the big names in Europe that hardly ever make it on to stream. IFPA is a chance to show the world some of the fantastic talent that exists in Europe and there have been some great matches so far.

Cannot wait for Pinburgh this year though
10/10 the Napoleon Dynamite gif :)

What's that game with the "The Old West" on the artwork...?

It's not always possible to set up or move the rigs in time for the matches. Thats why we use the mobile camera, it's not idea but better than nothing plus its nice to have a different perspective. With the number of matches reducing we will be able to capture more of them. Usual problem of can't please all the people all the time...

Back
Top Bottom