What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball heat warning...???

36C London today , 37C Cairo today.

Feel sorry for anyone on the underground, especially Central Line where it normally averages in the 30's. Apparently the earth around the tunnels now has an ambient temperature of 25C.

Awful scenes in London. Hope no one here is too close to the areas affected.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to reassure us this is all perfectly normal in other parts of the world though. :rolleyes:

Reactions: JT.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to reassure us this is all perfectly normal in other parts of the world though. :rolleyes:
Jesus, the pictures on the news are shocking. Poor souls who's houses are now burning. :(

Jesus, the pictures on the news are shocking. Poor souls who's houses are now burning. :(

Makes you think doesn't it. If this happens every 3 years as predicted it'll only get worse.
Started thinking about seeing fire close to my house and knowing I can't do anything about it.
Really feeling for those people now.

It’s a bit warm in the capital. Giving some serious thought to sleeping in the kitchen tonight, the top floor is stifling. Got to feel for people in the top floors of high rise buildings. Loads of the kids I teach will be 3+ in a room with little respite from this. Don’t think it’s predicted to fall below 23 all night.

It’s a bit warm in the capital. Giving some serious thought to sleeping in the kitchen tonight, the top floor is stifling. Got to feel for people in the top floors of high rise buildings. Loads of the kids I teach will be 3+ in a room with little respite from this. Don’t think it’s predicted to fall below 23 all night.
Totally 100%. I’m lucky enough to work from home in a dark north-south-facing house with that can be completely shuttered on the south-facing side during the daytime, and where I’ve been sleeping on the north-facing side all week in a room with a large open window overlooking the garden. I’m self-employed, and spent most of today cycling to and from a medical appointment in central London.

However, I’ve both viewed and lived in accommodation that would be hellish in this weather, and I feel for people who are having to endure it :( It is what they also said about COVID lockdowns - we’re all in the same storm, but we all have different boats…

When we had the roof off and teappaced last year, we paid a lot to insulate the rafters and a thermal space blanket breathable membrane. Primarily, it was to stop heat loss and folks always ask how long it will pay itself off.
In this heat, I have a 2nd floor that is usable and you can sleep in. Unlike last year when it was horrendous. What is the cost of a loft extension and two bedrooms these days?

It is what they also said about COVID lockdowns - we’re all in the same storm, but we all have different boats…
Without getting political I wouldn’t be surprised if we are in for a summer of social unrest. Long hot summer nights means lots of people gathering outside, lots of people feeling the squeeze from inflation etc. It really doesn’t take much to trigger things. Our local parks are now heaving all night as a result of people not having gardens etc.

Without getting political I wouldn’t be surprised if we are in for a summer of social unrest. Long hot summer nights means lots of people gathering outside, lots of people feeling the squeeze from inflation etc. It really doesn’t take much to trigger things. Our local parks are now heaving all night as a result of people not having gardens etc.
Yes, that seems likely. I noticed lots of people gathered outside while I was cycling back from meeting a friend on Monday evening. Loads of people, especially young people, in the parks and on the streets.

is it global warming? :D :D :D

or is it maybe the sun is having a busy day?

It's always fun when you're trying to cool your house down on the hottest day in history and one of your ****hole neighbours decides to start burning rubbish. Aaaaaaarrrrrggghhh

we need some covid news to get all this its too hot **** of the tellybox.

Itinerant Child was playing through the headphones the other day & thought it was about time we started getting New-Age Traveller stories in the news again

Back
Top Bottom