What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball heat warning...???

Just turned on the local news…
I thought there was an Earth killing meteor on its way….
The amount of passion and over zealousness from the D- list news readers was extraordinary.
They talked about..weather,weather,weather and then the weather guy came on and talked about weather 🙄
Fcukin muppets …

My grandad didn't escape from Colditz after strangling 3 guards dressed as a woman just so millennials could be afraid of some sun

All the millennials are out enjoying it if my morning at work is anything to go by... I saw barely any commuters just scantily clad women and toplees men 😕

We have very little exposure to extreme weather, so we accept it will cause an issue when it rarely happens. It is more cost effective to have train tracks not handle extreme cold or extreme heat as no one wants to pay the increase in cost. Points will freeze, stretched welds will not be long enough for expansion.
Then once every few years, we get to have a snow day or sun day. It is part of our culture, yet some people are ruining it for the rest of us and arguing we are weak for having a day off in a paddling pool.

We have very little exposure to extreme weather, so we accept it will cause an issue when it rarely happens. It is more cost effective to have train tracks not handle extreme cold or extreme heat as no one wants to pay the increase in cost. Points will freeze, stretched welds will not be long enough for expansion.
Then once every few years, we get to have a snow day or sun day. It is part of our culture, yet some people are ruining it for the rest of us and arguing we are weak for having a day off in a paddling pool.
So if the UK were a pinball make they would be....
1) 90s Gottlieb
2) JJP
3) Data East

Evaporative cooling is a very cheap way to stay cool.

Glass off, backglass out, playfield up. Then throw buckets of water over your pinball machine

So if the UK were a pinball make they would be....
1) 90s Gottlieb
2) JJP
3) Data East

I'm offended. Gottliebs are great! (@MajesticPinball be proud) and some Data Easts rule..

JJP tho, suck. Except Dialed in.

I’m down the beach now - climate change is real and deeply worrying - but this is bloody ace 😎 We get to pretend it’s California for a week or 2 and we are all in Lost Boys 😁

I absolutely love that song.

It's not been as bad as I was expecting today. Working from home with a bunch of computers usually raises my home office temp to around 32C when it's hot outside, but managed to keep it under 27C today. Definitely going to think hard about installing air con for next summer.

It hit 38C in my games room conservatory with all the windows and doors open and blinds shut all day. Not worried by that.

I ran my a/c unit in the garden yesterday blowing the table area as my daughter-in-law is heavily pregnant, then they took it home with them😂
My pinroom is staying at a cool 19/21c with a dehumidifier running in there, the garage that it’s in is about 34c. Like walking into an air conditioned room, it’s like magic!

This is an amazing portable a/c unit.

Attachments

• E5C9F3A2-A338-4B53-903A-1870010ED8CC.jpeg
    E5C9F3A2-A338-4B53-903A-1870010ED8CC.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 26
  • C88E2001-9A40-42E4-A5A1-96FDB5A386E8.jpeg
    C88E2001-9A40-42E4-A5A1-96FDB5A386E8.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 72101B3D-E89D-411C-B255-BB3423C09CBA.jpeg
    72101B3D-E89D-411C-B255-BB3423C09CBA.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 26
I've been looking at portable ones. Nearly hit buy a couple of times and then I see reviews saying they sound like a Boeing 737 on takeoff

the downside with portable ones is the exhaust means you end up letting heat in.

My AC in the shed on full chat is never more than £3 a day. on normal usage its about £1 a day. because the shed is well insulated its still pretty reasonable temp in the morning.

Neil.

Could do with that - could you share make and model ?

I don't think it's anything overly spectacular. I should also mention that the cave has at least 75mm celotex walls, floor and roof as well as acoustic insulation so it regulates temperature brilliantly.

I do keep a close eye on the meter too.

20220718_213355.jpg

the downside with portable ones is the exhaust means you end up letting heat in.

My AC in the shed on full chat is never more than £3 a day. on normal usage its about £1 a day. because the shed is well insulated its still pretty reasonable temp in the morning.

Neil.
You exhaust the hot air out of a window or wherever you can but must block the opening, the main disadvantage is they are not as efficient, a bit noisier and can be a pain to exhaust properly.
They have their uses but you can’t beat a fixed one.

I think I would go for a fixed install and write it off as a business expense. Problem is, I see this as a fairly temporary house, while the wife views it as a forever home. I don't really want to install air con and then move house six months later.

Back
Top Bottom