What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Brothers - Queen

Queen currently being streamed on jdl pinball with one of the Devs on call.
Looks alright 😄

Some shots a bit like AC/DC:
Left orbit hit multiple times in succession.
That centre ramp is similar to the right ramp where if you don’t make it, ball comes back to go SDTM.
It’s also a bit outlane drainy too.
Ball lock is good
That young guy is a good player.

I saw somewhere the other day that the next Pin Bros game is Playboy, these are all licenses and games that were secured and designed by the previous company they closed down and Phoenixed, do they actually have any ideas of their own?

It’s a freaking scandal that people are owed money and these assets where clearly robbed from HP

Has anyone spent any proper time on queen, i really want it to be good but just looks horrible 🥲 does it shoot well ??? Code any good ? So many questions 😂

Has anyone spent any proper time on queen, i really want it to be good but just looks horrible 🥲 does it shoot well ??? Code any good ? So many questions 😂
Also would like to play it:cool:

Owners seem to like it on pinside and Ferret keeps improving the code.

So, maybe a tick for code.

Shame about the art.

Various opinions on how flippers feel.

Does PH not have a showroom where people can go and have a go on one if they are interested in buying one?

I thought that was where Gonzos video review was filmed.

Good to hear about the sound system from an audioholic.
PF art isn’t too bad.
I think the live song selection is great, luckily Freddie knows how to sing live!
Not keen at all on the Wembley cab art. The new translite? Def a step in right direction but could have done something better with it. Maybe a single colour background to make the emblem stand out more.
I know it sounds cliche as hell but this is an A rated theme.
I did and do want this to do well.
My main concern is what appears to be lack of integration with the songs / LCD performance but that’s only my view from videos I’ve watched.
Would love to have a go on one for sure so I can find out for myself.
E9A03912-D061-41B1-AA85-058AC0C33202.jpeg

Does PH not have a showroom where people can go and have a go on one if they are interested in buying one?

I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that PH - Phil had one at his new showroom.

My issue with the PB games,( And I don't know if this applies to Queen)
The flipper buttons feel awful and make the flippers feel weak, there's no resistance at all.
When I looked inside an Alien I noticed they were using leaf switches with just two blades, no extra blades to add tension.

If you could swap those leaf switches out I think it would do a lot for them.
The feel when you flip is so important.

My issue with the PB games,( And I don't know if this applies to Queen)
The flipper buttons feel awful and make the flippers feel weak, there's no resistance at all.
When I looked inside an Alien I noticed they were using leaf switches with just two blades, no extra blades to add tension.

If you could swap those leaf switches out I think it would do a lot for them.
The feel when you flip is so important.
You aren't wrong.

In the early Alien I had to replace in 3 seperate machines the leaf switches due to weird triggering!

Thankfully the changed the switches.

Adding the metal spring on is not a hard job on the cabinet.

It is not a showroom you can just 'walk in off the street' without calling first.

There is a Queen prototype set up there, which some of the models on the PF are 3d printed. Release models have proper figures.

Email phil@pinball.co.uk and just arrange a time/date and it is not a problem to go in.

Most of @Gonzo 's videos are shot at his place, but a few have been at PH HQ.

Just been fiddling with a Rhapsody one today. Waxing, levelling, updating code and such.

I really like it. Playfield comes out a loooong way and has the little thing to stop the balls falling out when you lift the playfield. Lovely and neat underneath. Playfield can be held down with screws so it doesn't float about. Menu system is the same as all the other games and is nice and easy to use for newcomers. Goody box (balls, bolts, spare bits etc in a box with a polystyrene insert) instead of a bag but I'm not sure if that's on both editions. Admittedly I didn't unbox it as it had to be unboxed on the street as it wouldn't go through the door. (Such is pinball) Feels really well built and I've fiddled with both the Heighway Alien(s) and Full Throttle (Thanks @Mike Parkins ) which were ok but a bit iffy.

Oh yeah, enough technical gubbins, the game itself? Let's just say It did indeed rock me but I'm really like Queen.

Choose your song and that is a mode like most music pins but some require double flipping to the beat to light shots which I really thought was fun, might be annoying for the musically challenged but who can't go STOMP STOMP CLAP? :D

Doesn't really have many novelty toys but does do nice things with the ball, like a pop up scoop to divert the ball to the red special up kicker and the Scared Stiff shoot it up through the ramp. Centre ramp can end up three places and so can the other ramp as it feeds the same return. Three drop targets blocking shots are interesting, didn't find them annoying but YMMV. Nice 4 bank drops with targets behind. Shooting the AY-OH combo is so much fun to and reminds me of my favourite ROLLERGAMES

Lighting is great and there's so much of it. The side blades are proper plastics in a cutout which was nice though I'm not sure you'd miss them on the standard if you installed mirror blades or whatever. Never been a thing I really notice when playing a game as my eye is on the ball. Also I didn't notice any silly colours for shots that I can't differentiate due to colour blindness. All I saw was blue and green and yellow for most shots with red being reserved for collect song etc. No weird purples and teals and oranges.

Callouts are Brian and Roger and it's quite good when you collect Brian's autograph "You collected my autograph!" Choosing the live versions actually makes sense as visually and audio wise it's all the same style, think it would be jarring with album tracks and videos.

I got the GC with 465 million after about 3 "serious" (with someone talking to me going how do you do that? how do you understand the rules so quickly) goes but was one song completion of Bo Rap and there are multiballs and other things that I didn't get to, including the frenzy or an extra ball. Reckon next game would have been a billion but I had to go home.

Only complaints were that I had to adjust a ball guide at the top of the centre ramp as it was rejecting balls after I waxed it as they were moving way too fast, lockdown bar is those silly clips that are fiddly, playfield hold in screws were put in by an 800 pound gorilla and I want one. Oh and tilt bob is tiny but works and who cares about the size of a tilt bob? Use an accelerometer if you need it to be that accurate.

Obviously I haven't had to fix anything on one yet but it seemed well designed to be able to be fixed but the owner got it on legs and played a couple of games before I looked at it, I was the first one to lift the playfield then wax it and hammer three multiballs in one game and nothing fell off. No switches required adjustments it actually just worked, which must be a fluke.

Anyway, that's my pretty honest (like I'm never anything but overly honest :D ) opinion on it. Really enjoyed playing it and it was a joy to work on out of the box. Obviously I'm biased because I grew up tall and proud, in the shadow of the mushroom cloud...

Played one in someones home. A much better experience than playing at Expo. Sound in particular was amazing as was the underside of the playfield.

Back
Top Bottom